Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation (9155 Views)

President Buhari's Easter Message / Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Easter Message To Nigerians / Man Sleeping While INEC Chairman Was Adressing The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by Iamoilprince(m): 11:20am On Mar 30, 2013
Easter Message from our President. See it below...

Dear Compatriots,

I greet and felicitate with you all as we celebrate Easter which commemorates the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ after his redemptive self-sacrifice for the eternal salvation of mankind.

Irrespective of our religion or faith, all holidays provide us with a fresh opportunity to establish stronger bonds with our family, friends and all those around us for more enduring, harmonious and beneficial relationships.

See the rest after the cut...

As we celebrate this year’s Easter therefore, I urge all Nigerians to rededicate themselves to living in peace and oneness with all members of their communities no matter their ethnicity, religious beliefs or places of origin.

By now, it ought to be an accepted fact amongst us that our immense potential for greatness in the comity of nations derives in the main from our collective strength as a country of close to 170 million people and the acclaimed richness of our diverse human resources and natural endowments.

It follows, therefore, that to successfully achieve our vision of becoming one of the most dominant nations on the global stage in the shortest possible time, we must stay together as a people and continue to effectively resist by all possible means, the evil machinations of global terrorists and their misguided domestic accomplices who seek to provoke turmoil, hatred and harmful divisions among us.

I assure all Nigerians that our security agencies, armed forces and I will continue to fully discharge our constitutional responsibilities for protecting the unity and territorial integrity of this country with all the powers and forces at our disposal.

We must have peace, security and stability to effectively implement our agenda for national transformation in all parts of the country and we shall continue to work ceaselessly to re-establish the prerequisite conditions for nationwide progress and development.

For your part, dear countrymen and women, I urge you to continue to exhibit restraint and understanding in the face of seeming provocations. Those who mindlessly and indiscriminately attack churches, schools, health workers, motor-parks, banks and ordinary road users must be seen as they truly are: the brainwashed pawns of international terrorism.

They do not represent any true religion or section of the country and we must never play into their hands by succumbing to their nefarious ploys to incite religious, ethnic hatred and division among us.

It is my hope and prayer that as we celebrate the glorious resurrection of our Saviour, Jesus Christ, his lessons of self-sacrifice, brotherly love, placing others before self, tolerance, obedience, respect for lawful authorities, dutifulness, diligence, honesty, justice and fairness to all will take firmer root in our beloved country and help us to overcome present challenges and build the more peaceful, secure, united, progressive and prosperous nation of our dreams.

I wish you all happy Easter celebrations.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR

President,

Federal Republic of Nigeria

March 30, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck/posts/537374036312975

13 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by bobo09: 11:30am On Mar 30, 2013
Any new thing in this message

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by Burger01(m): 11:32am On Mar 30, 2013
Ok. Thank you Mr. President. Happy Easter to you, your family and Nigeria... undecided

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by free2ryhme: 11:39am On Mar 30, 2013
May God guide u and more wisdom to lead not to rule in jesus name

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by Tolexander: 11:40am On Mar 30, 2013
And how will this stop the boko haram from bombing the churches!
Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by otokx(m): 11:50am On Mar 30, 2013
Happy easter my president
Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by Louis007: 12:23pm On Mar 30, 2013
Mod! Abeg front page jhooooor...lol
Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by vizboy(m): 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2013
Louis007: Mod! Abeg front page jhooooor...lol
i pray oh

@op Happy Easter to you my president and i pray God give you the infinite wisdow to guild us to a higher height

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
Same to you sir. As much as am not happy about Alams pardon, you have my vote 2015 cos I haven't seen a better opposition for you.

9 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by infoscope(m): 3:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
This sounds like the work of Reuben Abati. Does he actually do all the write-ups of the presidency?

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by cyril83(m): 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2013
Copy and paste. Nothing has changed from his festival message to the nation.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by Itoroetti(m): 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
infoscope: This sounds like the work of Reuben Abati. Does he actually do all the write-ups of the presidency?
Bad belle

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by Lbrasi: 4:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
EBELE GOODLUCK JONATHAN AZIKWE Happy Easter to you Sir tho nt from my heart.
Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by Akpan107(m): 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
free2ryhme: May God guide u and more wisdom to lead not to rule in jesus name
...Amen!
Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2013
Mr President.

You have to rekindle your faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. Ask him to imbibe in you the spirit of discernment.

For you to come out stronger from this Great challenge. You need to strengthen your faith and that means eating more of the Fruit of the Holy Spirit than you do of #1 billion naira Aso food.

But that would mean stepping on earthly big toes. The choice has never been clearer. Nevertheless........

Happy Easter and May the Grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ who shed his blood on the cross of Calvary that we be redeemed be upon you and your family. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by ITbomb(m): 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2013
God bless the President and fill him with wisdom to lead us to better days. Amen

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by Akpan107(m): 4:10pm On Mar 30, 2013
L brasi: EBELE GOODLUCK JONATHAN AZIKWE Happy Easter to you Sir tho nt from my heart.
but from ur stomach...
Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by 50calibre(m): 4:10pm On Mar 30, 2013
WRONG MESSAGE! this is what I think he should have said, it could have been more candid.

My fellow Nigerians, as we commemorate the suffering and death of Christ, I want you all to know that the suffering I intend to inflict on you all would make that of Jesus look like a tip of the iceberg.

As many families tuck into their Easter chickens and turkeys and as many who can't afford such, il have you know that I and my family would be celebrating ours with 5 cows, 12 chicken, 6 turkeys together with cartons of rozay all funded with national funds. I've released a paltry sum of N10b to be used by also rock for the celebration because we politicians deserve it.

I won't let the boko haram menace or the high fuel prices or the poor power situation or the poverty in this country dampen the spirit of Easter because as a matter of fact, I couldn't care less what happen to you all so I oblige everyone to suffer or die in silence and as you do, may God grant more grease to your elbow.

Happy Easter my fellow Nigerian and if we don't meet in this life, then see you in hell

16 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by Akpan107(m): 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2013
Olodostein: Mr President.

You have to rekindle your faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. Ask him to imbibe in you the spirit of discernment.

For you to come out stronger from this Great challenge. You need to strengthen your faith and that means eating more of the Fruit of the Holy Spirit than you do of #1 billion naira Aso food.

But that would mean stepping on earthly big toes. The choice has never been clearer. Nevertheless........

Happy Easter and May the Grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ who shed his blood on the cross of Calvary that we be redeemed be upon you and your family. Amen.
Amen!
Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by ITbomb(m): 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2013
bobo09: Any new thing in this message
Bafoon, any new thing in Happy Easter?
But we wish people every year
Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by nijaspace(m): 4:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
Happy Easter Mr. President.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by Morkavictor: 4:18pm On Mar 30, 2013
Thank you mr president
Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
He go share chicken to Nigerians?? Me I give una free chop chop just catch and chop

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by Lbrasi: 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2013
Akpan107: but from ur stomach...

My mouth!
Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by pedestal82(m): 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2013
infoscope: This sounds like the work of Reuben Abati. Does he actually do all the write-ups of the presidency?
As u no see anything to criticise inside the speech, the problem now,na who write am! Mcheeew Hater!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2013
Happy Easter to Mr President and total crucifixion to Boko Haram and their spokes persons.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by skymaxnig: 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2013
50calibre: WRONG MESSAGE! this is what I think he should have said, it could have been more candid.

My fellow Nigerians, as we commemorate the suffering and death of Christ, I want you all to know that the suffering I intend to inflict on you all would make that of Jesus look like a tip of the iceberg.

As many families tuck into their Easter chickens and turkeys and as many who can't afford such, il have you know that I and my family would be celebrating ours with 5 cows, 12 chicken, 6 turkeys together with cartons of rozay all funded with national funds. I've released a paltry sum of N10b to be used by also rock for the celebration because we politicians deserve it.

I won't let the boko haram menace or the high fuel prices or the poor power situation or the poverty in this country dampen the spirit of Easter because as a matter of fact, I couldn't care less what happen to you all so I oblige everyone to suffer or die in silence and as you do, may God grant more grease to your elbow.

Happy Easter my fellow Nigerian and if we don't meet in this life, then see you in hell
Holy sacramento!!! Thank God you are not the president......you would have sey this country on fire....May God help you

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by faragai24: 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2013
With Patient Patience will accept the rule of law in 2015.
Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by creativemusic: 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by faragai24: 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2013
50calibre: WRONG MESSAGE! this is what I think he should have said, it could have been more candid.

Candid.....
Re: President Jonathan's 2013 Easter Message To The Nation by sparkwil(m): 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2013
May relative peace never evade our country IJN

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$10m Found In CAN President's Jet Caught In SA / Niger-delta Militants Declare War Against Buhari, Shutting Down Oil Refineries / Kwara Governor-elect, House Of Assembly Members Receive Certificate Of Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.