Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Charlie Boy, My Oga @ The Top & The Nigerian Youths - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charlie Boy, My Oga @ The Top & The Nigerian Youths (1918 Views)

Charlie Boy Holding A Graven Skull In New Photos / Charlie Boy @ 64, Says I Don’t Smoke, Drink Nor Abuse My Body / Charlie Boy Shares Shocking Mail A Fan Sent Him About Joining Illuminati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Charlie Boy, My Oga @ The Top & The Nigerian Youths by ghostofsparta(m): 11:22am On Mar 30, 2013
Mr. Charlie Boy you have to accept the fact that the Nigerian youths are the most unthinking and unconcerned lots amongst the youth population of the world. Nigerian youths, especially the ones of the south are so scared and cowed that they only think about their individual self. They are never willing to compromise their little comfort zone; they are plagued with opiatic factors such as their voracious obsession to soccer and ill-cultured musicals and musical videos, their irrational need to measure everything by God and religion, yet constitute the most hypocritical pathetics.

I wondered what it meant the first time I saw "My Oga at the top" used in a thread. As soon as it began to appear almost everywhere on Nairaland I reckoned the silly phrase was probably a statement someone must have spoken out of context now bandied around the Nigeria cyberspace as the new fancy catchphrase in town by the un-creative multitudes who unfortunately makes up the majority of we youths.

Nigerian youths prefers to endure hardship for as long as there is, at least a little assurance of food the next morning, with the hope to one day drive a fancy tokunbo car despite the undeniable reality that mitigates the latter from actualizing on a daily basis. They prefer to invest a false sense of hope in God to remedy all things gone awry rather than equip themselves with unbiased reasonings and indignant mindset to ignite a revolutionary attitude that will change their self-centred, self-interest mentality to a selfless and collective anti-oppression manifold such as the drive that sparked our less suffering counterparts giving rise to the Arab Spring.

Nigeria youths are comfortable with second hand phones and various imported consumer products and electronics without the thought of imbibing the spirit of R&Developing something uniquely African sellable to the world, they feel gratified with Brazilian hairs and hopelessly attracted to designer apparels without stopping to think of inculcating the spirit of repackaging and marketing their native hairstyle and indigenous wears in such innovative way, the world would appreciately welcome. They are ever praisful of European football stars and helplessly addicted to their clubsides while thousands of legendary heroes of local history that did great deeds, founded towns and cities fades into obscurity. The youths, particularly of the elites would rather go for a Samsung Galaxy s50 or Blackberry Bold 20 than buy or support a device modernized from native means of telephony crafted from our ancient metaphysical knowledge of technology otherwise known as Juju tech. Their so-called education has being misapplied, eventually turning them against anything originally black African only to embrace all thing white and foreign which they believe is divinely pure.

The Nigerian youths, especially of the souths are ever joyous of the mediocrity that is still afflicting the so called entertainment industry, always appreciative of the un-informative, culture suppressing, lesson lacking musicals and musical videos that now infests our channels with themes that tramples tradition only to glorify ostentatious and sybarity.

I have always wondered - is it always about 'Baby, I luv u' themes filled with erotic and bombom shaking ladies in a club-life setting consistently coupled with the display of cash and expensive drinks squandering, the only theme the Euro-American musician that the majority of the established and upcoming Nigerian artistes cheaply imitates always sing about?

My Oga@theTop is yet another Oga mi Chairman and Nothing Dey Happen statement of expression that the Nigerian youths have recently adopted in social networks, oftentimes used to avoid or derail cogent topics on some Nairaland thread, which to me, psychologically still reflects on the youths side another form of apathy, a puerile reaction towards the overwhelming anomie that has plagued the amalgamation called Nigeria.
Re: Charlie Boy, My Oga @ The Top & The Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 30, 2013
Op you are patrick juniour o.anyway you have good points there and its no more a hidden fact that nigerian youths of this generation celebrate mediocrity and when you try and motivate them to be creative,you are inviting bashing and insults which apparently will soon befall this thread in a matter of minutes or hours.no thanks to music videos that debase womanhood and when you try and speak to these women that are dancing naked for this musicians and their naked bom bom getting hit with recklessness,you will hear 'na you go pay me money wey i go use buy brazillian hair and cloth wey i go sew/wear for that party wey i dey go next week',tell the guys that loaf around from one cyber cafe to the other to do something productive with their lives you will hear 'i wan hammer like 2face,mike adenuga etc' however they are not ready to go through the pain and sacrifices required to me a LEGITIMATE millionaire.abeg it is unfortunate we have degenerated to this level.in nigeria it is a matter of everyone for himself and all for God.its quite sad,but thats the stark reality of the nigerian youth.it reflects here too.reading is a big problem to some nairaland,they will say its an epistle but they are ready to waste their time in things that will not add any valu to them e.g watching movies endlessly and gambling (very common among teenagers and youths)
Re: Charlie Boy, My Oga @ The Top & The Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 30, 2013
Op you are patrick juniour o.anyway you have good points there and its no more a hidden fact that nigerian youths of this generation celebrate mediocrity and when you try and motivate them to be creative,you are inviting bashing and insults which apparently will soon befall this thread in a matter of minutes or hours.no thanks to music videos that debase womanhood and when you try and speak to these women that are dancing naked for this musicians and their naked bom bom getting hit with recklessness,you will hear 'na you go pay me money wey i go use buy brazillian hair and cloth wey i go sew/wear for that party wey i dey go next week',tell the guys that loaf around from one cyber cafe to the other to do something productive with their lives you will hear 'i wan hammer like 2face,mike adenuga etc' however they are not ready to go through the pain and sacrifices required to me a LEGITIMATE millionaire.abeg it is unfortunate we have degenerated to this level.in nigeria it is a matter of everyone for himself and all for God

(1) (Reply)

Wedding Ceremony Of Njideka Kenechukwu Odili And Uzoma Chika / 32 Year Old Nigerian Man Arrested In The Uk For Sham Marriage (photos) / The Most Stylish Male Celeb Of 2014 - Your Verdict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.