Stats: 3,151,788 members, 7,813,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) (18348 Views)

The Cure To Nollywood's Fallen Standard / Letter To Nollywood / Best 2013 Movie(s) You've Watched!!! (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 20, 2013
If the Nigerian movie isn't a comedy film count me out.
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by Chukwutobi: 12:42am On Jul 20, 2013
Nigerian ladies:they neva grow out of film tricks grin
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by Shugamania(f): 6:22am On Jul 20, 2013
Sunglow: .I wounder why our naija women dont read,most of them prefer to sit in front off at.v set from sun up to sun down watching some movies dat r not worth watching.

Where did u guys get this weird idea that Nigerian women dont read??
The reading culture has been in my family's females for as long as i can remember, the women are practically addicted.

U guys like criticising Nigerian women at every opportunity.. Na una sabi sha.
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 20, 2013
http://www.irokotv.com/video/5184/in-the-cupboard I saw it and I was THRILLED. Yeah it's a NollyWood movie. cool
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by babsomotde(m): 7:28am On Jul 20, 2013
Comedy heard already. But no problem... Nice one.
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by try69: 7:32am On Jul 20, 2013
Shugamania:

Where did u guys get this weird idea that Nigerian women dont read??
The reading culture has been in my family's females for as long as i can remember, the women are practically addicted.

U guys like criticising Nigerian women at every opportunity.. Na una sabi sha.

Ever heard the word "MAJORITY"?

No pun sis
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by thaoriginator: 8:11am On Jul 20, 2013
babsomotde: Comedy heard already. But no problem... Nice one.
eeeh, problem dey oh.
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by chubysoft1(m): 9:19am On Jul 20, 2013
ekwah:

You sound very clueless about what mediocre movies are. It really shocks me when I see comments as such. Many Nigerian movies have cultural undertones to them; Nigerians and sub-saharan Africans in general can watch, relate, and understand the acts. I heard a lot about the so-called Inception, watched it and ended up very disappointed; I simply wasn't entertained at all even though I understood what was going on. Building dreams in dreams who gives a damn about that? Or what value do I even gain from that?

Using an American movie as an example makes no sense because what appeals to Hollywood fans differs from what appeals to fans of Nollywood. I prefer movies that address social affairs in the society and Nollywood does a pretty good job at that. All movies industries produce loads and loads of crap and a few good movies yearly. Look for the good Nollywood movies and stop this your sermon about mediocrity. undecided

what do you mean? Inception ended very well. It means for sure you slept during the main conversation. Movies is an art and not necessarily what is going on in the society. That's where nollywood is getting it wrong.

Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by Ellylace(f): 10:18am On Jul 20, 2013
Wot da...?? abeg abeg..not all nigerian ladies joor.. angry
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by jessep1(m): 10:25am On Jul 20, 2013
This joke is over 6yrs old nw!
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by jessep1(m): 10:25am On Jul 20, 2013
This joke is over 6yrs old
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by TheMaverick(f): 10:42am On Jul 20, 2013
undecided Why is it that some Nigerian people are so smart they can't even take a joke....For heaven's sake...if you don't find it funny...why comment??
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by darey360(m): 11:05am On Jul 20, 2013
lolzz old stuff
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by bmaks: 11:23am On Jul 20, 2013
hahahahahahahahaahahahaaaaaaa!......Originator wan burst person belle oooo......LWBMB ooooooo grin cheesy shocked

Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by Bangx(m): 11:44am On Jul 20, 2013
tha_originator: In this movie, Ramsey Noah is the step son of Patience Ozokwo (Mama G).

Patience Ozokwo acts as a wicked woman.

Patience Ozokwo's plan is to poison Ramsey Noah.

After putting d poison into a glass of juice, she kept it in d fridge.

Nigerian lady still watching (Notice her face)

Nigerian lady: Chei, dis woman is a very wicked woman o.

In d movie: Suddenly, Ramsey Noah came back from work.

Nigerian lady (still watching): Ramsey abeg no go kitchen.

In d movie: Ramsey Noah enters the kitchen.

Nigerian lady (still watching): Chei! Ramsey abeg no go near fridge o.

In d movie: Ramsey Noah goes straight to d fridge.

Nigerian lady (still watching by now if she's with you, you will get a scary hug): Ramsey abeg no carry juice, just carry water drink. Den go sleep.

In d movie: Ramsey Noah carries the juice. As he was about to drink the juice, the glass fell down on d ground and broke.

Nigerian lady (excited and screams): THANK YOU JESUS.
No be lie at all...
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by Shugamania(f): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2013
try69:
Ever heard the word "MAJORITY"?
No pun sis

No, i've never heard it.
Go thru the sentence below and show me where d word 'MAJORITY' is.

Sunglow: I wounder why our naija women dont read.
No pun bro.
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2013
chubysoft1: what do you mean? Inception ended very well. It means for sure you slept during the main conversation. Movies is an art and not necessarily what is going on in the society. That's where nollywood is getting it wrong.

You don't know that and no I did not sleep.

I said I wasn't entertained; I followed everything from start to finish and just wasn't. I agree with the reddened statement, and yeah Nollywood may be "getting it wrong" just like you said. However, many Nigerians especially those in diaspora dish out very harsh criticisms about Nigerian movies as if other movie industries don't produce a lot of crap too, and then try to compare Nollywood to Hollywood - a reason why I got defensive. You don't have to look too closely to see the reasons why many other movie genres aren't covered in Nigeria:

The technology, funds, physical terrain and facilities available to producers in the US and in Nigeria are clearly not the same. Many American producers spend millions of dollars on some movies and wouldn't face as much problem with piracy as is the case with Nigerian producers. It is better that they stick to what they can produce to entertain a lot of people and also make little profit from it. I expect Nigerians to consider the obvious challenges Nollywood faces and put things in perspective before they begin to criticize.

So many things are not right in this country, but let's acknowledge some of the good things when we see them. #Nollywood,#NaijaPride. tongue cool

Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by Shugamania(f): 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2013
ekwah:

You don't know that and no I did not sleep.

I said I wasn't entertained; I followed everything from start to finish and just wasn't. I agree with the reddened statement, and yeah Nollywood may be "getting it wrong" just like you said. However, many Nigerians especially those in diaspora dish out very harsh criticisms about Nigerian movies as if other movie industries don't produce a lot of crap too, and then try to compare Nollywood to Hollywood - a reason why I got defensive. You don't have to look too closely to see the reasons why many other movie genres aren't covered in Nigeria:

The technology, funds, physical terrain and facilities available to producers in the US and in Nigeria are clearly not the same. Many American producers spend millions of dollars on some movies and wouldn't face as much problem with piracy as is the case with Nigerian producers. It is better that they stick to what they can produce to entertain a lot of people and also make little profit from it. I expect Nigerians to consider the obvious challenges Nollywood faces and put things in perspective before they begin to criticize.

So many things are not right in this country, but let's acknowledge some of the good things when we see them. #Nollywood,#NaijaPride. tongue cool

kudos.

Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by Roobattoat(f): 7:40pm On Jul 20, 2013
nikkyshyne: Thank you Jesus. God is with Ramsey oo shocked
it is movie nau, tins dat happens ar fiction. planned work. ohk?
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by nikkyshyne(f): 10:58pm On Jul 20, 2013
Roobat toat: it is movie nau, tins dat happens ar fiction. planned work. ohk?
Okies smiley
Re: How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
ROFLMAO!!! In fact eh!!

Marvin And Yaya (Maya) Evicted From Big Brother Titans House (Photo) / BBNaija: Phyna Betrayed me – Amaka / Alec Baldwin: Manslaughter Charges DROPPED After Fatal Movie Set Shooting