Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? (742 Views)

'we'll Fix Power Supply Problems In 3 Years,' - Buhari / The Security Chief Buhari Almost Sacked - Tell Magazine / Security Problems May Lead To Violent Change – Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Rexsul: 3:02pm On Mar 31, 2013
Many people have been criticising president Gudluck Ebele Jonathan about hs inability 2 solve Nigeria security problem as the case of bomb blast, kidnapping, armed robbery e.t.c becomes alarming while some hide under the umbrella of the fact that he is neither a muslim nor 4rm the north and criticise hm some peeps stil criticise hm geniunly infact som of those peeps r 4rm the south-south and eastern part of the country. So if u r 2 be in Gej's shoe, hw would u solve these security problems? Who knws, Gej might b on nairaland or som1 like berem, odunnu, okija juju, Afam4eva e.t.c might b related 2 hm and then help us convey those ideas 2 hm grin
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Acidosis(m): 3:30pm On Mar 31, 2013
Give me Goodluck's money and I will tell you how to solve the security problems in Africa.

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Odunnu: 4:00pm On Mar 31, 2013
Rexsul: Many people have been criticising president Gudluck Ebele Jonathan about hs inability 2 solve Nigeria security problem as the case of bomb blast, kidnapping, armed robbery e.t.c becomes alarming while some hide under the umbrella of the fact that he is neither a muslim nor 4rm the north and criticise hm some peeps stil criticise hm geniunly infact som of those peeps r 4rm the south-south and eastern part of the country. So if u r 2 be in Gej's shoe, hw would u solve these security problems? Who knws, Gej might b on nairaland or som1 like berem, odunnu, okija juju, Afam4eva e.t.c might b related 2 hm and then help us convey those ideas 2 hm grin
Aside Odunnu, the other IDs are anti-GEJ.
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Acidosis(m): 4:41pm On Mar 31, 2013
If You Are In Gej's Shoe

grin grin grin
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by citizenY(m): 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2013
What do you mean? The guy had mo shoes before, abi. The ones he has now ma just sheer waste,.abi waste of ponmo sef.

I will just go Lokoja and join canoe.....back to base.....thats what I will do.
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Rexsul: 4:53pm On Mar 31, 2013
citizenY: What do you mean? The guy had mo shoes before, abi. The ones he has now ma just sheer waste,.abi waste of ponmo sef.

hahahahaha
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Acidosis(m): 4:54pm On Mar 31, 2013
citizenY: What do you mean? The guy had mo shoes before, abi. The ones he has now ma just sheer waste,.abi waste of ponmo sef.

lmao!

are you from lokoja?
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Rexsul: 4:55pm On Mar 31, 2013
Odunnu:
wats! shocked
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by vizboy(m): 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2013
A good question as been ask and a few are trying to deviate from the topic at hand. But if it were to critize the guy they would be on the front role. Provide a reasonable way to solve the crises at hand.

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by citizenY(m): 5:37pm On Mar 31, 2013
@ACIDIOSIS

AM NOT FROM LOKOJA.

IF I REAXH LOKOJA I GO JOIN CANOE REACH NIGER DELTA

EVRN IF CANOE SINK WIRH ME, I FIT BECOME SEDIMENT.....AT LEÁST IACHIEVED SOMETIN

HAHAHA
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by motif8(m): 5:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
vizboy: A good question as been ask and a few are trying to deviate from the topic at hand. But if it were to critize the guy they would be on the front role. Provide a reasonable way to solve the crises at hand.

i thought this trend will get to 100 pages, where are u all critics pls help with ur ideas, u that have clues pls this is a serious issue

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by nuclearboy(m): 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2013
I know you people don't want to hear the truth but I will say it

GEJ came in as VP and NEVER aspired for presidency! He was too much of a gentleman, nice etc! However, yaradua's death put him where he never planned!

Personal interest has cost HIS people, those he swore to protect, thousands of like! Its also made us so tribalist we may be living in 1880!

That is not leadership! How I wish he'd been an impartial judge in the elections and remain reserved
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 31, 2013
grin op are you high on weed? How possible it is to be in a Shoeless man's Shoe?
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Aare1(m): 6:10pm On Mar 31, 2013
From the replies so far, it seems that NLers are just as clueless as Mr president........I doubt that though, cos if thats the case, then we should all go to a corner and cover our faces in shame.

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Acidosis(m): 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2013
Aare 1: From the replies so far, it seems that NLers are just as clueless as Mr president........I doubt that though, cos if thats the case, then we should all go to a corner and cover our faces in shame.

Nah... whats the point of posting useful tips when you & I know he'd never read it let alone adopt..?

Abeg I nor get that kind time..
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 31, 2013
I shall adhere to Azazi's advice not sack him Instead.......!!!

Nigerians and tortoise tricks......the day we face reality is the day we re all saved.....!!!

Nigerian Politics and governance meant same......falsehood!!!
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2013
Declare state of emergency in the northern states and part of the SW (Aregbe Rascal's domain).

Stop all funding for pilgrimage and use the money for visible projects.

Jail Tinubu for his corrupt deals. 3 months after Tinubu is in jail, ensure orji kalu, odili, Atiku, joshua dariye, udenwa, gbenga daniel etc join him in prison.

Ask Ihejirika to declare red state of alert in all army formations.

Deploy the fighter jets to the SE (Enugu).

Secretly fund frigates and warships for the Niger Deltans.

Seize aboki's cow and haul it down to the South for basic grin consumption.

Everybody would chill

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 8:58pm On Mar 31, 2013
We're obviously not in GEJ shoes because he has more inside information on this situation but refuses to act on it. He knows a lot that we don't so he should search himself. Its obvious that Boko-Haram are very comfortable in Borno and Kano so questioning their local leaders, clerics and politicians will be a good starting point.
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by OmoTier1(m): 9:48pm On Mar 31, 2013
[size=14pt]I thought GEJ said He had no shoes [/size] so which sohes are you asking us to fill then
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by nabiz(m): 10:15pm On Mar 31, 2013
i will lobby the national assymbly to enact a law that encourage true fedralism a every state will have her regional or state police then the north will allow to practice their sharia or to islamise their region
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 10:28pm On Mar 31, 2013
The security problems is beyond any single individual and requires our collective effort. Jonathan is trying his best as a leader to contain this problem created for him by late Yar'Adua but we must all encourage him as terrorism is the most difficult war because it is 100% unconventional. I believe he should give amnesty a chance but not financially induced amnesty like that of MEND.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 01, 2013
Tusky44: Declare state of emergency in the northern states and part of the SW (Aregbe Rascal's domain).

Jail Tinubu for his corrupt deals. 3 months after Tinubu is in jail, ensure orji kalu, odili, Atiku, joshua dariye, udenwa, gbenga daniel etc join him in prison.

Everybody would chill
ThanGod this is Nigeria,where ethnic tension is quite on a higher level of sensitivity.

Immediately u achieved step one........u would be gunned down by same army u ordered to implement state of Emergency....there would be mutiny and probably civil war......!!! grin ....

So, unless ur people win the CW, it may take a while before some-one from ur syd grace that kinda position again grin !!!

Tusky,
U haven't solve the problem but escalate it....!!
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 01, 2013
nuclearboy: I know you people don't want to hear the truth but I will say it

GEJ came in as VP and NEVER aspired for presidency! He was too much of a gentleman, nice etc! However, yaradua's death put him where he never planned!

Personal interest has cost HIS people, those he swore to protect, thousands of like! Its also made us so tribalist we may be living in 1880!

That is not leadership! How I wish he'd been an impartial judge in the elections and remain reserved

is that the answer to the question the OP raised?
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2013
Tusky44: Declare state of emergency in the northern states and part of the SW (Aregbe Rascal's domain).

Everybody would chill

im sure with the way things are now, if u go for senate screening for defense minister position and u recite this ur bear palour solution as a way of tackling the security challenges in the country- they are 99.9% likely to ask u to take a bow and go and 2mrw u become the minister of defense.
u try well well for this ur solution grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by mike404(m): 2:45pm On Apr 01, 2013
Odunnu:
Especially that hausa lady called BEREM
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 01, 2013
Boko Haram will not be defeated until the Hausa Fulani people in Madugiri and Kano want it defeated.

But on the long term Nigeria needs to take a stance on the Almajiri problem . . .it is a time bomb waiting to happen

We also need to secure our boarders
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Osumare2013: 7:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
mikeansy: Boko Haram will not be defeated until the Hausa Fulani people in Madugiri and Kano want it defeated.

But on the long term Nigeria needs to take a stance on the Almajiri problem . . .it is a time bomb waiting to happen

We also need to secure our boarders
If Jonathan resigns today, boko haram will ceasefire. But I don't advice him to.

Let Nigeria split. The North shld stand alone, d south shld stand alone. If d south-east and south-south are interested, they shld merge with d south-west. If not, evryone shld stick with their region. I bet u, Boko Haram will die down immediately.

The North can keep bombing themselves, declare sharia law and try to survive with d onions and grounduts dey cultivate, includin d cows. Let d south see if they can survive with d oil money without tearing themselves apart with greed. To d south-west, I hope most of dem will go back to farmin since dey rely heavily on d north for food.

With all these in place. D north can hold the "NIG" in Nigeria, while d south keep the "ER", d south-west can make do with the remainin "IA". Dat's d only solution I can think of.

Nigeria doesn't seem it can survive if we remain together. #horrible fact
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by bloggernaija: 11:56pm On Apr 01, 2013
The most important component of tackling security is personnel .trained personnel . If you have ever even in contact with the nigerian police force and miltary, it is safe to say that right from the inspector general/general to the corporal level ,it is mediocrity all the way. It is basically a colonial force whose purpose is not to do strategic thinking but to obey orders.
So the first thing I would do is to build a shadow,well educated,well paid ,well equipped and well trained force to eventually take over from the floundering armed forces.simply phase out the old force gradually. Performing little thing drug and fitness test would weed out quite a significant number of the derelict forces.
Secondly,police officers should be restricted to serving in their local governments. Only in situations of exceptional excellence should they be allowed tob move from say zones to headquarters.
The job security of police chiefs should be based on their crime prevention and solving performance(accountability). Others are
1 I would turn the police working time to a shift base system so that there are as many officers at night,public holidays as there are during the day.
2 ensure that there is a functional SWAT squad or rapid response unit for every 10 mile.
3 a comprehensive state and national ID SYSTEM
4 Set up a shadow bureau made up of incorruptible people like internal affairs in America to watch over the police force
5 get rid of the inspector general title and turn the zonal command to regional headquarters ;the head of the zonal commands becoming inspector generals.
6a comprehensive spy and informant network on the pay of the government and intelligence services .
7 and more
Boko haram
1 remove the military from the streets and let them work from the shadows e.g safe houses etc
2 win hearts and minds by assisting victims of boko haram(best source of intel is the inhabitants)
3put a bounty of a million dollars dead or alive on the heads of the upper echleons of boko haram and publicise it with billboards and poster
4monitor all phone calls in the region.
5create massive well equipped checkpoint on federal roads(like border control with sniffer dogs ,scanners and robots) leading into and out of the troubled city
6set up a tv/radio station to get the words of moderate imams and other religious leaders from around the world out.since boko haram has assassinated most of these imams, offer protection for the remaining , raise their profile and help thm get out the word needed to counteract boko haram's twisted teachings

These steps are not going to solve the problems entirely but it helps to do something
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by nuclearboy(m): 7:05am On Apr 02, 2013
byrron:

is that the answer to the question the OP raised?

No, but it infers the answer to the discerning (those with brains) - NO one man is greater than Nigeria and we currently have someone who put himself first. Histories Greatest Leaders (Jesus Christ, Mandela, Mohandas K. Gandhi etc) put their people before themselves and are revered today because of that.

They looked at the "tomorrow", not the present

If you still require more spoon-feeding, sorry but you wont get it from me
Re: If You Are In Gej's Shoe, How Would you Solve The Security Problems In Nigeria? by Rexsul: 7:30pm On Apr 03, 2013
I cn see dat some peepz only have natural hatred 4 Gej lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

How Boko Haram Planned To Bomb Third Mainland Bridge / James Mccormick Guilty Of Selling Fake Bomb Detectors / Who Are The Yoruba People? (part 1), By Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.