Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself (20461 Views)

COMMANDMENT BEFORE BUYING A LAND IN LAGOS OR ANYWHERE / Photos: Mansard Building In VI Lagos On Fire / Land Taxes That Could Bankrupt You If Your Not Aware Of Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself by chiscoken(m): 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
building a house in swampy area is not a big deal but you must make sure that the following are in place before anything.
-firstly, a geotechnologist should be consulted as well as a geologist to carry out a detailed ground investigation, soil mechanics to study the type of soil and know the type of foundation to use and concrete mixture. the interpretation should be done properly by the geologist so that the bearing capacity can be adressed with all sincerity.
thank you,
kenneth
geologist and geophysicist
Re: How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself by realestatedeal(m): 11:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
@esoorita, the document he will give you are deed of contract from the company he bought the land from, the receipt, deed of assignment since his plot has been allocated to him, the deed of assignment contain all the information about his plot in the estate, his plot number and beacon numerics, the deed of assignment is the document that shows that you are the legal owner of the particular property. Then next a lawyer will do a transfer of plot ownership documents.

Thanks,

Daniel Nnadi
Real Estate Consultant
Sterling Homes Ltd
08062806026, 07080575496
Re: How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself by esoorita: 11:35am On Jul 27, 2013
realestatedeal: @esoorita, the document he will give you are deed of contract from the company he bought the land from, the receipt, deed of assignment since his plot has been allocated to him, the deed of assignment contain all the information about his plot in the estate, his plot number and beacon numerics, the deed of assignment is the document that shows that you are the legal owner of the particular property. Then next a lawyer will do a transfer of plot ownership documents.

Thanks,

Daniel Nnadi
Real Estate Consultant
Sterling Homes Ltd
08062806026, 07080575496
Thanks for your help Daniel, I really appreciate it.
Re: How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself by offshoreking: 8:24am On Sep 11, 2013
Help, i need a plot of Land, any where close to lasu/isheri expressway. I'm begetting 1.5m/2m for it. please anyone with good information should let me know, and the land most have all the documents. Thanks.
Re: How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself by Zimex: 8:49am On Sep 19, 2013
Oga Lawyer,

I just bought a plot of land around Ojodu (Ogun state side) for 12.5m, paid for with my entire savings plus small bank loan. The land has a C of O which has been verified and we also signed deed of assignment. We have initiated the process of getting Governor's consent. However, there are many groups of people asking for money; Baale, Omo onile, community, area boys. Altogether they want 1.5m which sounds ridiculous to me, i can't even afford it. They said the money includes foundation, decking, roofing e.t.c. but i only want to fence now. I'm about to enter into negotiation with them, how much is a fair deal for these people considering the value/location of the land?

Thanks.
Re: How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself by lawyer(m): 9:42am On Sep 19, 2013
Maximum 100,000. You didn't buy the land from them so they owe you nothing. After you offer them the 100 k and they refuse it, spend that 100k at the police station to arrest them for harassing you. So far the property has a C/o , you have nothing to associate with them.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself by Zimex: 11:00am On Sep 19, 2013
Thanks a bunch.
Re: How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself by Mitwork: 12:59am On Sep 27, 2013
Thank you so much for these tips especially nos 1 &3..
Ppl should stop buying land/property for sentimental reasons, such purchases should be approached from the angle of deliberate investment, not just becos othr ppl are buying.. Then this decision to buy must be accompanied by a set/decided budget!

Hmm... @lawyer, would you like to present these tips to a wider audience - we can feature these tips on the Lekki-Epe Real Estate and Business Conference magazine, the conference itself is holding 10th & 11th October 2013, with more info on lekkieperealestate(dot)com
If ok with u, lets talk some more by email, mitworkltd@yahoo.com, pls whats yours?

ps: do u hav an authentic property dupe story we can feature in the mag too!
Re: How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself by henrimoto(m): 11:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
offshoreking: Help, i need a plot of Land, any where close to lasu/isheri expressway. I'm begetting 1.5m/2m for it. please anyone with good information should let me know, and the land most have all the documents. Thanks.
have you seen any property yet, for the said amount ?
Re: How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself by lisa1234567: 4:25am On Oct 22, 2013
Pls provide more information
Re: How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself by oludarekehinde(m): 7:32am On Nov 27, 2013
YOU TOO CAN BECOME LANDLORD IN LEKKI:
DOMINION GARDEN CITY (DGC with CofO) Awoyaya-Lekki Lagos is fast selling.
Situated within the neighborhood of:
*May Fair Gardens
*Lakowe Lake & Resorts
*Fara Park Estate
*Crown Estate
*Sapphire Gardens Estate
*Lagos Business School
*Green Spring Schools &
*Lekki Free Trade Zone

UNIQUE FEATURES:
*Sandy Dry Land
*C of O
*Government Approved Layout
*Good Road Networks
*Central Sewage Treatment Plant
*Security, Gardens & Parks
*Central Water Treatment & Distribution System
*Sport Centre
*Club House
*Shopping Centre
*Clinic &
*Schools

PLOT SIZES & PRICES:
(10,000 per sqm)
450sqm = 4.5m
675sqm = 6.750m
900sqm = 9m
Site inspection takes place:
8am, 10am, 12noon, 2pm & 4pm Mon - Sat
For more info, contact:
+2348053690928
+2348095018095
darekenny78@gmail.com
Re: How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself by oludarekehinde(m): 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
DO YOU NEED A GENUINE & SECURE LAND
IN INVESTMENT HUB OF
LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE AREA
Be the 1st to invest in NEW LAGOS.

* Dominion Garden City (DGC)
* Dominion Garden City Annex (DGC Annex)
* Folkland Estate Phase 1
* Folkland Estate Phase 2 &
* Folkland Estate Phase 3
Are all selling fast! (All in Ibeju Lekki)
For Inquiry & Inspection: Contact us today on
+2348053690928 OR +2348095018095
Re: How To Buy A Land In Lagos On A Budget And Not Bankrupt Yourself by wunmiplus(m): 10:44am On Jul 07, 2014
Do you need land or house (completed and uncompleted) in parts of Lagos ? Especially in Ikorodu area.
Contact Wunmi Amusa & Co on 07055046440 or whatsapp 08028823040 BBM-7C3F300D.
You may also check our available properties on tradestable, nairaland or olx websites.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Is A Plot Of Land In Your Area Presently? / Self Contain,mini Flat Etc In Majek,ajah (pics Included) / Cost Estimate for Roofing Different Houses Across Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.