Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,075 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:13 PM

The Stories Behind April Fools' Day - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Stories Behind April Fools' Day (453 Views)

Happy April Fools' Day! / Have You Been A Victim Of April Fools Day ? Share Your Experience / Happy April Fools' Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Stories Behind April Fools' Day by Doge: 3:03am On Apr 01, 2013
Before now I knew there were many tales behind the origin of 'All fools' day' http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools'_Day until yesterday when I had an interestingly different version told by my pastor and so, I decide to share.
According to him, by the hebrew calendar, april 1 marks the day Israelites left the shores of the Egyptians after years of slavery. God told them that day is the beginning of their year(s), so they began marking it as their new year's day. However, each time they celebrated this day, other nations called them 'fools' because they are celebrating the new year when its long over! Hence, april fools' day.
Well, interesting or not? I would like to hear other new versions if you know any.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Government To Set Up Courts To Prosecute Beggars, Hawkers / FG+JTF Vs Boko Haram+ordinary Civilians / Brand And Branding Part 1: What Is A Brand?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.