Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,611 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? (7043 Views)

Who Decides The Style Or Position? / Who Decides The Name Of A Baby(baby Father Or Grandfather) Muslim Yoruba Culture / My Wife's Elder Bother And Mother Decides What Happens In My Home, Pls Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by waleadex(m): 9:52am On Apr 01, 2013
I know some families are so rich that anyone can exactly eat what he/she wants to eat.They have the resources to do all that.But,the aim of this post is targetted at the "middle class or below".We all know how unfriendly our economy is and how every family in that category manages what they earn.No salary earner spends lavishly; everyone is frugal.Now to my question,in your family where perhaps multiple cooking is not done,who decides what food to eat for breakfast and dinner(of course we know everyone is out in the afternoon except weekends)?
Is it the father?...the mother?...the kids?...or your visitors?
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by degamonn: 10:01am On Apr 01, 2013
who decides in ur home?
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by waleadex(m): 10:16am On Apr 01, 2013
degamonn: who decides in ur home?
Oga mi,na the kids o...but it will stop soon sha smiley
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by greatgod2012(f): 11:29am On Apr 01, 2013
Its the food time table, all of us are used to it, we all know what to eat next, except in few cases, may be, due to illness, one of us may not feel like eating what is prepared or when we have visitor, and we just have to prepare what the visitor may want to eat and which may lead to deviating from what is already slated on the food timetable.
It makes thinking about what to eat easy.
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by waleadex(m): 11:39am On Apr 01, 2013
greatgod2012: Its the food time table, all of us are used to it, we all know what to eat next, except in few cases, may be, due to illness, one of us may not feel like eating what is prepared or when we have visitor, and we just have to prepare what the visitor may want to eat and which may lead to deviating from what is already slated on the food timetable.
It makes thinking about what to eat easy.
We tried using the time-table but it just didn't work in our own case but all the same,I think it helps a lot.But how will you feel if baba comes back and say 'mi o je ounje ti inu time-table yen' ?

1 Like

Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by bebe2(f): 12:21pm On Apr 01, 2013
its me o, i decide, i cook, i serve. my oga go always say anything and that pisses me off.

i no dey bother ask my batallion becos wetin dem want no dey market and i no ready make 5 diff meal each evening.

12 Likes

Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by greatgod2012(f): 12:46pm On Apr 01, 2013
waleadex:
We tried using the time-table but it just didn't work in our own case but all the same,I think it helps a lot.But how will you feel if baba comes back and say 'mi o je ounje ti inu time-table yen' ?

i thank God for him, he rarely complain, hes always okay with me and whatever i prepare, though, sometimes it happens, but because hes not the complaining type, i would gladly prepare whatever he wants for him, and sometimes too, he suggest fast food, he would have called me b4 he closes from work to inform me not to prepare dinner, of which when he comes back, just pick all of us straight to an eatery...........but sincerely, he hardly say that. I think im just lucky to be married to such a man, the same way he claims to be lucky to marry someone like me.
Meanwhile, my last kid, 2 yrs now, is the one that still feel like baby, so, i always have conflakes around, which i always bribe him with, and also, he likes pap, so sometimes, when he refuse to eat what i had prepared, i just prepare pap for him, always available, because of him.

#ogbon laye gba#

1 Like

Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by aadetoyin(f): 1:35pm On Apr 01, 2013
I once made a timetable but sincerely I don't use it. I just cook what comes to mind or what I feel like eating. Hubby rarely chooses a meal. And when he does it is pasta or he is craving for pizza or shawama.
Asides from that he'll eat anything that is served.
But Saturday is when he gets to pick meals if he wants although picking what to eat is wahala 4 him so most times I am left to choose. grin
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by waleadex(m): 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
bebe2: its me o, i decide, i cook, i serve. my oga go always say anything and that pisses me off.

i no dey bother ask my batallion becos wetin dem want no dey market and i no ready make 5 diff meal each evening.
That's nice....
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by waleadex(m): 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
greatgod2012:

i thank God for him, he rarely complain, hes always okay with me and whatever i prepare, though, sometimes it happens, but because hes not the complaining type, i would gladly prepare whatever he wants for him, and sometimes too, he suggest fast food, he would have called me b4 he closes from work to inform me not to prepare dinner, of which when he comes back, just pick all of us straight to an eatery...........but sincerely, he hardly say that. I think im just lucky to be married to such a man, the same way he claims to be lucky to marry someone like me.
Meanwhile, my last kid, 2 yrs now, is the one that still feel like baby, so, i always have conflakes around, which i always bribe him with, and also, he likes pap, so sometimes, when he refuse to eat what i had prepared, i just prepare pap for him, always available, because of him.

#ogbon laye gba#
Hmmm interesting!
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by waleadex(m): 1:48pm On Apr 01, 2013
aadetoyin: I once made a timetable but sincerely I don't use it. I just cook what comes to mind or what I feel like eating. Hubby rarely chooses a meal. And when he does it is pasta or he is craving for pizza or shawama.
But Saturday is when he gets to pick meals if he wants although picking what to eat is wahala 4 him so most times I am left to choose. grin
Honestly,it's hard to follow that food time-table of a thing.Of course,Mon - Fri men are so busy and won't have time to be choosy.It's alright I am learning,
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by aadetoyin(f): 3:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
bebe2: its me o, i decide, i cook, i serve. my oga go always say anything and that pisses me off.

My dear, when my Oga says anytin I go bonkers. ℓ☺ℓ. That's the more reason why I don't ask. So I choose whateva suits me.
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 01, 2013
shebi we've been through this before...a thread like this was on the frontpage not too long ago.

2 Likes

Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by Nonybb: 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2013
If u tell me who decides in ur house i will tell u who decides in mine. And beside dont u think we might have chef?

1 Like

Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by sureteeboy(m): 4:47pm On Apr 01, 2013
Food Time Table no dey work jare, we cook any food available
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by patholaw: 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
na vote we dey vote.....but sometimes i dey rig d voting...
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
It's not abt being rich. If mom prepared a dish u dnt wanna eat, u either take garri if u're broke, eat indomie, wait and cook ur own food or sort yourself out.
No ruse, no lele

2 Likes

Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2013
greatgod2012:

i thank God for him, he rarely complain, hes always okay with me and whatever i prepare, though, sometimes it happens, but because hes not the complaining type, i would gladly prepare whatever he wants for him, and sometimes too, he suggest fast food, he would have called me b4 he closes from work to inform me not to prepare dinner, of which when he comes back, just pick all of us straight to an eatery..........

#ogbon laye gba#

You mean KFC- dem don dey open anyhow for Lag. I suspect say e get anoda tin wey dey carry am go there.
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
aadetoyin: I once made a timetable but sincerely I don't use it. I just cook what comes to mind or what I feel like eating. Hubby rarely chooses a meal. And when he does it is pasta or he is craving for pizza or shawama.

He likes those pizza meal because they are sweeter than your meals.Men and fastfoods...
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by Ibangap(m): 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
Hmm. Nairaland and topic recyling, we've dealth wit dis issue before na.
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by Odunnu: 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
waleadex: I know some families are so rich that anyone can exactly eat what he/she wants to eat.They have the resources to do all that.But,the aim of this post is targetted at the "middle class or below".We all know how unfriendly our economy is and how every family in that category manages what they earn.No salary earner spends lavishly; everyone is frugal.Now to my question,in your family where perhaps multiple cooking is not done,who decides what food to eat for breakfast and dinner(of course we know everyone is out in the afternoon except weekends)?
Is it the father?...the mother?...the kids?...or your visitors?
We have a timetable.
I don't agree that its only rich families that can multi-cook.
I am from the middle-class and many times the time table says its garri/soup and one of my siblings may opt for indomie/egg or yam/stew
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by odehaj: 5:02pm On Apr 01, 2013
Don't even ask me if you don't want to be yelled at.Give me anything! I don't have that time to come and say... eh..!do rice,..plantain...The house maid came once to say,eh...sir can I?? And I shouted TAAAH!GET OUT!!
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by creativemusic: 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by Abbey2sam(m): 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
Well, in our house you can eat whatever you want, that's if you don't like what is prepared and sometimes you can be the one to decide what everyone is gonna eat, nobody really give a damn what mum cook.......we just eat and go to bed.. lols

For those using time table, it doesn't work, you're not prisoners or boarding student...

1 Like

Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 01, 2013
My family na oyo (on your own) all man 4 him self
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by joshuaidibia(m): 5:28pm On Apr 01, 2013
Seun belle decides! # omo! Hw e tke concern NL ADMINS? # seun do smtn b4 dm turn ur legacy in2 "kpam kpam golo" site o!
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by ibromanner(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2013
Our dog. Mtchew!!!
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by eeniak: 5:32pm On Apr 01, 2013
Our last child dictates what to eat at home. Infact she is d family cook.
Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by joshuaidibia(m): 5:32pm On Apr 01, 2013
odehaj: Don't even ask me if you don't want to be yelled at.Give me anything! I don't have that time to come and say... eh..!do rice,..plantain...The house maid came once to say,eh...sir can I?? And I shouted TAAAH!GET OUT!!
lol. U sound lyk an AJE LIER

1 Like

Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by GalaxyNoteII: 5:35pm On Apr 01, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? by Princessaleeza: 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2013
I decide wot we eat cos if I ask him wot re we eating,he we tell me dat he did notr no.so am d 1 to decide.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kids Do The Darnest Things / Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? / Pls Advise.my Wife Is Making Me Sick.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.