Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

UI & OAU Which Is Better? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI & OAU Which Is Better? (10049 Views)

FUTA Vs OAU. Which Is Best In Engineering? / UI,OAU,Unilag,and Uniilorin - which One Is Best For Postgraduate Studies? / Uniport,unilag Or Oau Which Do I Choose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 01, 2013
The noise about this two schools is just too much. Just last week two boys almost beat themselves up because of this same issue. What is your opinion on this, please be realistic and objective.
Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 01, 2013
U.I

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Lheyhe(m): 12:32pm On Apr 01, 2013
University of Ibadan

3 Likes

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by kayking01(f): 2:06pm On Apr 01, 2013
UI and others

3 Likes

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by orelove4liff: 2:13pm On Apr 01, 2013
I'm a uite buh i must say d truth.ui is beta in courses like medicin,nursing,physiotherapy,economics,engineerin while oau is beta in courses like pharmacy&law so it depends on d course u re going for.but if u nid a schl wit d biggest name with highest numba of profs dat wil force d best out of u,choose ui

5 Likes

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Osumare2013: 5:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
None. Stop comparing schools for christ sake. What do u stand to gain? UI is a good sch and OAU is okay too. It's just like comparin iphones to samsung galaxy. It all depends on ur taste.

1 Like

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Dollarmind(m): 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
Obafemi Awolowo University is a Great school but I think University of Ibadan is the best, considering the number of professors in the school...

2 Likes

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by tosomaju(m): 6:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
Osumare2013: None. Stop comparing schools for christ sake. What do u stand to gain? UI is a good sch and OAU is okay too. It's just like comparin iphones to samsung galaxy. It all depends on ur taste.
are u sure? I mean, are u sure u are sure of what u wrote?
Are u sure iphone and samsung galaxy can not be compared?
With the fact that they both perform the same function gives u more bases to compare them. Comparism for phones can be along the line of functionality, durability, affordability etc and a reasonable conclusion can be drawn. Universities can be compared sir, I beg to disagree with u.
Back to the question
no doubt, both schools command respect @least in Nigeria, but as my warri grand mother will always say "if u put two things down, u go choose one". But for the fact that I'm a uite, my opinion might be questioned or predicted. Be it as it may, UI will be considered better by me. The reason being that, aside aving more qualify faculties, ui has more transparent admission and recruitment policies(source: comprehensive personal survey by me).

4 Likes

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Aydesmond(m): 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
Osumare2013: None. Stop comparing schools for christ sake. What do u stand to gain? UI is a good sch and OAU is okay too. It's just like comparin iphones to samsung galaxy. It all depends on ur taste.
abeg u no fit compare galaxy nd iphone togeda, sam galaxy na china ,very worse ǎ phone,
Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Aydesmond(m): 3:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
U.I na d baba of all university

3 Likes

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by router123(m): 8:32am On Apr 05, 2013
there is a self contain (room, kitchen and toilet) with running water (borehole) arround road 7 gate in ife for oau student. Pls call 08131360160 if you are interested
Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Idacrux: 9:28am On Apr 05, 2013
I respect oau in their exam standard.In addition to structures,products...i'm not oau student but i'll say kudos to ife!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Marytee2: 11:37am On Jul 15, 2014
I will go for OAU. U.I is also a great university but OAU combines learning with morals. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Kendzyma(m): 11:44am On Jul 15, 2014
Non ov dem,dey ar both enjoyin past glories.
Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Teaser4(m): 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
Only people that OAU denied admission will say they are enjoying past glories.... Sorry for you, obtain jamb and come and enjoy the past glories....

2 Likes

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Kendzyma(m): 1:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
Teaser4: Only people that OAU denied admission will say they are enjoying past glories.... Sorry for you, obtain jamb and come and enjoy the past glories....
construct ur own point and stop biuldin on other people's own.and d bolded shows ur level of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
Teaser4: Only people that OAU denied admission will say they are enjoying past glories.... Sorry for you, obtain jamb and come and enjoy the past glories....

He's even an OAU student. undecided
You guys should come with a better thing.

When your school is crictised, you'll come with something like "they denied you admission".

Oh! That's an old lame comeback. Try new thing biko. smiley

1 Like

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Victomolola: 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ceteris paribus, Ui can't and shouldn't be compared to great ife!!! UI'S post utme can't be compared to oau's acid test!!! Do you know that OAU and UNILORIN have the highest number of aspirants that scored 200 (17000+ for both!) and above in just concluded jamb; that will show you the quality of students that is in great ife!!! Please, go and write oau post utme---maths., che., and physics and tell me how it's!!! Great ife is the king!

2 Likes

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
Victomolola: Ceteris paribus, Ui can't and shouldn't be compared to great ife!!! UI'S post utme can't be compared to oau's acid test!!! Do you know that OAU and UNILORIN have the highest number of aspirants that scored 200 (17000+ for both!) and above in just concluded jamb; that will show you the quality of students that is in great ife!!! Please, go and write oau post utme---maths., che., and physics and tell me how it's!!! Great ife is the king!

RECTE SAPERE FONS!!! Stop giving yourself false hope and making baseless assumptions. undecided

Many aspirant are scared of choosing UI because of O'level and shortlisting before P.utme exam wahala.

UI don't accept 2 sitting in college of medicine and faculty of Pharmacy but OAU does. undecided Now, who's better

OAU and UNILORIN has over 80,000 and 100,000 candidate that chose them in Jamb but only 17,000 could make 200+.

FYI, only a mere 40,000 choose UI and 9,900+ scored 200+.

So, who's better

Btw, I have a friend that scored 222 in OAU p.utme last year(so called acid test undecided) but could only make 49 in UI p.utme. Not above average sef. cry

P.S- UI don't allow calculator in P.utme unlike OAU. Mstcheew undecidedundecided

1 Like

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Victomolola: 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
FrancisTony:

RECTE SAPERE FONS!!! Stop giving yourself false hope and making baseless assumptions. undecided

Many aspirant are scared of choosing UI because of O'level and shortlisting before P.utme exam wahala.

UI don't accept 2 sitting in college of medicine and faculty of Pharmacy but OAU does. undecided Now, who's better

OAU and UNILORIN has over 80,000 and 100,000 candidate that chose them in Jamb but only 17,000 could make 200+.

FYI, only a mere 40,000 choose UI and 9,900+ scored 200+.

So, who's better

Btw, I have a friend that scored 222 in OAU p.utme last year(so called acid test undecided) but could only make 49 in UI p.utme. Not above average sef. cry

P.S- UI don't allow calculator in P.utme unlike OAU. Mstcheew undecidedundecided
who told you that 80000 choose Oau? It's only 57,000!!! OAU, INTER ALIA, conducts hardest post utme, has the most beautiful campus and and absorbs the best students from all nigeria secondary schools!!!
Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
hmm. wow.. though am kinda not a fan of irrational , baseless & superfluous arguments but i think am enjoying this one .

come ye guys , pump in your options .
Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by smartdave1: 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
I know of a guy who graduated from the GREAT U.I but can not make a good sentence even though say na for pidgin english self.
Just saying tho'
Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by smartdave1: 10:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
I know of a guy who graduated from the GREAT U.I but can not make a good sentence even though say na for pidgin english self.
So, why jaming head for this comparism??
Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 16, 2014
smartdave1: I know of a guy who graduated from the GREAT U.I but can not make a good sentence even though say na for pidgin english self.
Just saying tho'

Another product of Great Ife grin (half baked education, whack english mixed with Pidgin)

1 Like

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by jaryeh(m): 7:38am On Jul 16, 2014
mehn......see arguments.....grin grin grin
Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Bwaal(m): 8:39am On Jul 16, 2014
Any school that does nt Offer ENVIRONMEMTAL COURSES is nt a school

2 Likes

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by emekakelvin(m): 9:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
Bwaal: Any school that does nt Offer ENVIRONMEMTAL COURSES is nt a school
grin grin.....Why did you say so?
Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Spotless180(m): 9:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ui is the best. Simple!
Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Sodiq3(m): 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
Both Na wash.

1 Like

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by Bwaal(m): 11:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
emekakelvin:
grin grin.....Why did you say so?
it is the most difficult faculty to run and very hard to get accredition which private school.in naija offer environmental courses??
Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by isoh(m): 4:28am On Jul 17, 2014
Good news to all aspiring candidates who do not
meet up with the requirements for admission into
any University in Nigeria(private University
inclusive), thinking the next logical option is applying
to a polytechnic or college of education or wait for
another UTME.
Do you know you can still gain admission into
200level come next year? Yes 200Level!
The alternative to admission into University without
UTME(Jamb) is the INTERIM JOINT
MATRICULATION BOARD EXAMINATION(IJMBE)
This program is an Advanced Level(A/Level)
course regulated and conducted by Ahmadu Bello
University Zaria. Applicants gain admission into 200
level in any of
Nigeria's private or public university that
accepts it as a criteria for admission. The program
is open for courses in Science/Engineering,Social
sciences, Arts and Humanities
The program (IJMBE) as articulated on page 4, item
2.2 of the JAMB brochure, runs for less than a year
during which candidates will receive lectures in
preparation for the final examination(coming up by
February 2015)
During the program you will be groomed
extensively on your subject combinations. The
subject combination is being determined by the
course you want to study in the University(as
applied to UTME). For instance, a student who
wants to study Law will offer Literature-In-English,
Government and Economics/ Business
administration.
The Requirements for the Program is a complete O/
Level Result (Max of 2 sittings) and 7 Passport
photographs.
Candidates with deficiency in Mathematics and
English Language can also apply as they will have
the opportunity of registering for any/both subjects.
With IJMBE, your University admission is
guaranteed simply because provisions has been
made for intensive and effective lectures coupled
with an environment that is conducive for learning.
For more info/ questions/private chat, you can
reach me on 08035812144 or log into
www.apexadvancedcollege.com

Re: UI & OAU Which Is Better? by PECng: 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2020
Now that the Registration for OAU’s 2019/2020 Post-UTME Registration is About to Start
The long-awaited OAU Post-UTME is here and it feels really good with every one of us in the academic businesses, just as it should feel good with the candidates that will be sitting for the exam too. To us, it means we will have to go back to work after several months of being out of work, and for the candidates, it should mean, well, mid next year is still feasible for their resumption when they are admitted for the 2019/2020 session. READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2020/09/now-that-registration-for-oaus-20192020.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aasu Call Off Strike Latest News / JAMB To Scrap Paper Exam In 2015 – Ojerinde / Pay-slip In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.