Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? (4144 Views)

eden hazard and theo walcott who is more handsome? / THEO WALCOTT WHAT A PITY / Pictures From Theo Walcott’s Beautiful Wedding With Melanie Slade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by Akolawole(m): 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2006
LoverBwoy:

if the referee hasnt red carded rooney for just touching ronaldo then theo would have played

the officials in this worlcd cup are a bunch of jokers!

I cant stop laughing.

Theo went to Germany on Holiday.

Which Referee are you talking about?
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2006
most of them!

theo walcott isnt the only player in germany that didnt play  wink
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by Akolawole(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2006
LoverBwoy:

most of them!

theo walcott isnt the only player in germany that didnt play wink

While i agree with you that the Refeering in this Tournament is the worst but the Referee that red-carded Wayne is 100% right.
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by hucarson(m): 6:48pm On Jul 02, 2006
The Referee that carded Rooney wasn't right.
I still have doubts the Ref saw the incident with Carvalho. What infuriated the Ref was when Rooney pushed Ronaldo.
If he carded Rooney because he shoved Ronaldo then the Referee deserves to be castrated.
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by debosky(m): 12:56am On Jul 03, 2006
The ref was spot on, indisciplined players who can't channel their agression properly should be punished, and that is exactly what happened to rooney. even if he wasn't sent off, sven would never have played walcott, he's just tooo conservatiove to make an imaginative/risky move like that
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by sirwebs(m): 11:27am On Jul 03, 2006
There was no mistake in taking Theo to the world cup. The boy is an immense talent. JENAS had no business being in the squad, there was more than enough cover in midfield. Defoe should have been in for Jenas.

Most importantly Theo is smarter than Rooney and in the future, during crunch games England will rely on Theo rather than the temperemental and unstable Rooney.
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by Priscila(f): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2006
When it comes to Rooney I always put Disunited as a team aside.
For sure Kola! Rooney deserved another card but not red.
Thats Rooney in real and how he does it in Man U. Ok, he pushed Ronaldo at the glare of cameras and the ref but that red was not justified unless he said something to the ref which I dont think he did.
I understood Rooney's frustrations since he was up- front alone and that resulted into his nasty antics and as a ref he should have read btn lines. the man was frustrated.

Instead of crouch Sven should have tried Walcott as a surprise and am sure England would have won.
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by mochafella(m): 2:14am On Jul 04, 2006
Priscila:

Instead of crouch Sven should have tried Walcott as a surprise and am sure England would have won.

erm, I don't think Sven has the balls for a surprise.
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2006
yea, but he certainly had balls for Faria Alams, Nancy dellalio*, Ulrika johnson n several that went unoticed grin
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by lordimpaq(m): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2006
the refreee was right to have sent rooney off,

he may have given him just a yellow card for steppin on someone's balls, but he went further to shove c.ronaldo,

thats a red card, that shows no remorse, its time he drank the mature medicine,
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by under18(f): 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2006
mocafella
what do you mean by balls of surprise
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by mochafella(m): 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2006
under18:

what do you mean by balls of surprise

Meaning he takes the "safe" route until he has no choice even if the "safe" route is not working. I.e. Keeping Gerrard and Lampard in the team together even though it will make more sense to drop one for a true DM and retain the balance of the team in a 4-4-2 while ensuring that your striker is not alone up front.
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by debosky(m): 8:29pm On Jul 07, 2006
true talk mocha, the dude is simply unimaginative, just play all the 'stars' and england will play well. brazil also tried it, and failded

in my opinion, gerrard should've been played with lampard coming off the bench, maybe someone like carrick playing a holding role.

sven will never change his spots, he is just a conservative cold chicken swede with no stomach for adventure
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by 4Play(m): 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2006
No matter what we say about formations or the competence of Sven,there is a point that has eluded many in this debate-English players are not as good as the hype suggests.Sven has taken them as far they deserve.
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by Akolawole(m): 1:57am On Jul 08, 2006
This is what Owen has to say on Thoe's inclusion: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006310458,00.html
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by mochafella(m): 2:22am On Jul 08, 2006
4 Play:

English players are not as good as the hype suggests.Sven has taken them as far they deserve.

Fair point, however a "good" coach will still put together a good team even if he has average players. England was simply disjointed. However its all water under the bridge.
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by Priscila(f): 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2006
Enland plus their hype could not hold water period!
What do you expect from a team with all injured forwards? SVen blundered Eriksson part 2,3 and 4
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by mukina2: 11:08pm On Jul 08, 2006
sven paid for his mistakes dearly
like puttin rooney as a lone striker up front
subbin walcott when he cud av been doubled with lennon
Re: Is Theo Walcott Worth The Salt? by 9ja4eva: 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2007
mochafella:

Fair point, however a "good" coach will still put together a good team even if he has average players. England was simply disjointed. However its all water under the bridge.

Correct.I think they are over hyped.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana 2018: Super Falcons Off To Abidjan For Final Phase Of Camping / Hazard Wear Nigeria Traditional Cloth (photo) / Van Nistelroy Is Real Madrid's New Cult Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.