Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. (1883 Views)

Suicide Bomber Kills 5 Refugees In Borno State IDP Camp. Graphic Photo / Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters / India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by osram(m): 8:43am On Apr 02, 2013
Five persons who were natives of Efut Obot Ikot village in Bakassi peninsularhave been killed by the Cameroon Gendarmes who invaded the area and sacked more than 1000 Nigerians who elected to remain in the peninsular.
A press release made available to Journalists and signed by Eyo Eyo, Chief Press Secretary to the Chairman of Bakassi local government council, indicated that the people were “forcefully ejected by Cameroonian authorities in total violation of the Green Tree Agreement which was signed in 2005 between the two countries.
“As we speak, another refuges problem has hit Cross River as those who were forced out by Cameroon are now putting upin the temporary refugee camp in Akwa Ikot Eyo in Akpabuyo local government area of Cross River State”.
Our reporter who visited thecamp Monday reports that the crowd was in danger of epidemic due to inadequate sanitary facilities. Even at that, two women have already put to birth in such unhealthy condition in the refugee camp.
Throwing more light on the invasion, a spokesman for the displaced people, Chief Asuquo Etim Asuquo said theCameroonian authorities invaded the village and accused Nigerians there of being militants. He said five people died in the process while several others were wounded.
Chief Asuquo added that several people were arrested and taken away by the Cameroonian authorities and that it was not clear what their fate would be in Cameroon prisons.
His words: Many of us were away on fishing while others had gone to the farm when Cameroon soldiers suddenly invaded our village, Efut Obot Ikot. Those who were at home were brutally manhandled, many arrested and some have lost their lives”.
According to him, the people have now completely lost their source of livelihood, stressing that they would like to go back to their ancestral home if only Nigeria authorities would work out modalities for their safety in the Bakassi peninsular which has now become Cameroon’s territory.
In his reaction, Chairman of Bakassi local government area, Dr Ekpo Ekpo Bassey, described the development as very pathetic and called for the federal government’sintervention.
“Such cases and other security challenges are now rampant in the area. The action of the Cameroonian authorities is a violation of the Green Tree Agreement which guarantees sovereignty for Nigerians wishing to remain in the peninsular and the rights to their sources of livelihood,” he stated http://pillarnews.com/pnews/?p=672
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by bigt2(m): 8:45am On Apr 02, 2013
Why
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:48am On Apr 02, 2013
big-t:
Why
Because 'y' has a long tale and two branches... grin

1 Like

Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by bigt2(m): 8:56am On Apr 02, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe:
Because 'y' has a long tale and two branches... grin
well, I have a long tale too! But no branches! wink
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by IGBOSON1: 8:58am On Apr 02, 2013
big-t:
Why

^^^Because it's part of their country, and there's fuc/kall you can do about it! They're free to chase any aliens out of their country......you just have to grin and bear it.

If you want to know further, ask Gowon and all the other peeps that fought to keep Nigeria one at all costs.
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by IGBOSON1: 9:00am On Apr 02, 2013
big-t:
well, I have a long tale too! But no branches! wink

^^^You've got 'two branches' alright......check well! grin grin grin
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by osram(m): 10:03am On Apr 02, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Because it's part of their country, and there's fuc/kall you can do about it! They're free to chase any aliens out of their country......you just have to grin and bear it.

If you want to know further, ask Gowon and all the other peeps that fought to keep Nigeria one at all costs.
Bleep u pple(igbo)...bcs of una useles ojukwu we lost bakassi...bastards.
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 02, 2013
Let the war begin
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by Livas2: 10:24am On Apr 02, 2013
Cameroonpride wia u dey....cme n defend ur useless con3...
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by Livas2: 10:28am On Apr 02, 2013
Admins frontpage....dis is injustice againt our 9jerian brothers.Bleep cameroon
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 02, 2013
The last thing Cameroon wants is the wrath of the Nigerian army angry
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by Livas2: 11:01am On Apr 02, 2013
sheyie2007: The last thing Cameroon wants is the wrath of the Nigerian army angry
shut up...wetin 9jerian army go du?
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by EFCC1(m): 11:58am On Apr 02, 2013
This camerounian are always lookin 4 trouble...though they have jurisdiction over bakassi but dat not mean they should infringe on the right of the inhabitant...nevertheles i think NA should have dealt with dem when they have d chance
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by adahib: 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
this indeed is a sad development but comes as no surprise.the cameroonians didnt do well but whose fault is it that nigerians are being ridiculed and made to suffer in their ancestral lands.nigeria is all talk with no action.where are the alternatives that were promised these people? where is the negotiation that was supposed to be underway with the cameroonian government? i'm sure the nigerian government in its usual fashion has forgotten that such a people exist.pity
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by osram(m): 1:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
Admins...pls muna no vex,dz is a crios issue,please move it to d frontpage.*m on my knees*
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
Cameroun @ it again...

Lets see how diplomatically Nigerian Govt is gonna denied all this allegations.....!!!
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by solomon111(m): 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
If the Nigerian army now decides to reciprocate,they will run to the ICJ.
I hope cameroonpride can see what his people are doing.
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by Demdem(m): 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2013
I wonder why the retardeen didn't appeal the judgement.
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
Demdem: I wonder why the retardeen didn't appeal the judgement.

My friend keep quiet, You want him to take Medicine after death, caused by OBJ ur uncle and that slow poison called Gowon.
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:07pm On Apr 02, 2013
This is Campride .

First of voice the title is misleading , you don't invade your own country. Cameroon forces are there just like in every part of our country.

Change your title.

As for the "pseudo killings"/brutality, Cameroonian forces have every reasons to be angry and mad at those Aliens. They totally refuse to collaborate, they band with militants. Cameroon has already buried two high officials in this region all killed by Nigerian, but your press don't report it, ..actions have to b taken..no one forced them to live in Cameroon ahaha if they can't abide by the rules/Cameroonian rules, they should go back in Nigeria
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by Demdem(m): 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

My friend keep quiet, You want him to take Medicine after death, caused by OBJ ur uncle and that slow poison called Gowon.

Actually u should put ur brain to work.
Obj/Gowon imo had their failings but the retardeen completely nailed the coffin when there was room to salvage the situation. Jonathan completely refused despite pleas even from inhabitants.
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
Livas2: Cameroonpride wia u dey....cme n defend ur useless con3...

Your useful, Country built settlements for them, why they don't go there, na by force to stay in an useless country?

This is pure sensationalism, there are Nigerians and Chadian outnumbering Cameroonian in their own village, near the lake Chad region, since the water is now only in the Cameroonian part. We have a lot of them there, why we never hear bad treatments or police brutality there.

Truth most b told, the Nigerian in Bakassi still believe they are in Nigeria or Cameroon should sign a deal with them or maintain a status quo, imagine Cameroonian trying to install their traditional chief in Akwa ibom or trying to install a "prefet" shocked

The Nigerian living there should wake up. undecided Cameroon is not going to work/behave the way some aliens want, that's just impossible.
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by bknight: 2:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
do you ppl still want dat seat in d security council?
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2013
Please, do not only read Nigeria press..this is political in Nigeria..some people want a situation that will reopen the case that's all, do you really think soldiers will wake up and start shooting at people or beating them?

Cameroonian are very peaceful by nature
But your people are disrespectful, the aliens there protect the criminals and defy our forces...we can't then make a clear difference between Mend and simple fishermen don't forget that most of the militants are also fishermen. Now tell me how do we protect our Citizens? There is an identification process which is going on, high is our surprise that most of them(aliens) don't even have a birth certificate? No ID? But they want to stay there? Ahah how do you deal with such?
solomon111: If the Nigerian army now decides to reciprocate,they will run to the ICJ.
I hope cameroonpride can see what his people are doing.

YAOUNDE (AFP) – Pirates have kidnapped a Cameroonian traditional prince and his companion on the country’s volatile Bakassi peninsula, a security source and media reports said Tuesday.

“Two Cameroonian nationals were kidnapped Thursday on Bakassi by pirates who are demanding a ransom of 100 million CFA francs” (150,000 euros, $185,000) to free them, a security source told AFP on condition of anonymity.

Officials did not confirm the abduction, but private newspaper Le Jour also reported the incident and said the two men were the son of a traditional chief and his companion.

“The kidnappers telephoned the wife” of one of the victims to demand payment of the ransom, said the daily.

Kidnappings by pirates and attacks on government authorities are rife in Bakassi, where the state struggles to maintain law and order.

The peninsula has been the subject of a territorial dispute between Cameroon and Nigeria.

In 1993, Nigeria invaded and occupied it, handing it back to Cameroon only in 2008, after a 15-year dispute that dragged on even after a ruling in Cameroon’s favour by the International Court of Justice in 2002.

The swampy region, considered potentially rich in oil and gas but still under-explored, is home to several armed groups.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/pirates-kidnap-cameroonian-prince-at-bakassi-peninsula/
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2013
It's suicidal to fight a neighbor, peace will go forever if there is a war there....what will you gain in a war? You think Cameroonian and Nigerian armies will meet somewhere and start fighting then go back home?
EFCC1: This camerounian are always lookin 4 trouble...though they have jurisdiction over bakassi but dat not mean they should infringe on the right of the inhabitant...nevertheles i think NA should have dealt with dem when they have d chance
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
osram: Admins...pls muna no vex,dz is a crios issue,please move it to d frontpage.*m on my knees*

Chairman is your news even reliable? I mean besides this pillar news that most here don't know from ADAm to Eve how many news papers reported it?
I have been browsing the web to find a similar news but nothing, hope you ain't making stories for the sake of it ooo?

Stop drawing the devil on your walls. Thanks
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by onila(f): 3:27pm On Apr 02, 2013
undecided fuc..k cameroon

I curse the day europeans put us as neighbours
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by iichidodo: 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
Full blame goes to GOWON.
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by ninja4life(m): 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2013
onila: undecided fuc..k cameroon

I curse the day europeans put us as neighbours
Europeans place nigeria and Cameroon as neighbours ROFLMAO pls tell me someting i dont knowcheesycheesywink
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by onila(f): 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2013
do u see Nigerians fighting with Niger pple or benin republic

only these stubborn, proud wide, round face bantu drunkard niggaz

desperate for our oil wealth. cameroon, peaceful my as..s!

may calabar pple continue to curse trouble in that place\\
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by onila(f): 3:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
ninja4life:
Europeans place nigeria and Cameroon as neighbours ROFLMAO pls tell me someting i dont knowcheesycheesywink
yes\\ colonial borders
Re: Cameroun Invades Bakassi Penninsula,kills 5 Evicts Thousands. by Ejine(m): 3:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
My people, take heart oh.
Some days are like that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chris Uba Rough Handled At PDP Convention / The Fraud Peter Obi Is Being Exposed / Boko Haram Members Are Bandits - Confession Of A Captured Sect Member (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.