Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,757 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub (21682 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Super Eagles Promise Win Over Kenya / TB Joshua Warned Keshi Over Last-Minute Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by joseph1013: 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2013
Fresh crises seems brewing in camp of Nigeria’s national team as Super Eagles skipper, Joseph Yobo has come out openly to condemn Coach Stephen Keshi for failing to intimate him before leaving him out of the team that played against Kenya’s Harambee Stars in a World Cup qualifying match some days back in Calabar.

Yobo in an interview with Brila Fm Sports radio on Tuesday morning insists Coach Keshi was disrespectful for not giving him any prior notice before his non-invitation for last month's 2014 FIFA W/Cup qualifier against Kenya.

"I'm disappointed nobody called me before the team list (vs Kenya) was announced. It's disrespectful. I feel disrespected."

The Fenerbahce of Turkey defender continued, "I am the captain of the Super Eagles, I thought the coach should have put a call across to me. I have no problem being left out."

The Super Eagles escaped with a 1-1 draw in the World Cup qualifying match after a last minute gasp effort from Italy-based Nnamadi Oduamadi saved Nigeria from an embarrassing defeat at home.

Source: www.futaa.com/football/article/shocker-yobo-blasts-keshi-over-kenya-snub

1 Like

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by AK481(m): 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
Make yobo go sidan

Getting an american visa,gaining admission into havard and being first to comment on a nairaland fp.

Which is more difficult? Only those who have made it will understand

13 Likes

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 02, 2013
our new national anthem .......the labour of our heroes past shall always be in vain....

7 Likes

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Okijajuju1(m): 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
Huh
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Demdem(m): 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
Yobo has a good point. He is the captain.

3 Likes

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by LesbianBoy(m): 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
First emenike complained he was not given a call now yobo?....Keshi you sef dey call ya player na its not fair jor!

3 Likes

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by reexspect(m): 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
YOBO WETIN USABI U for cause penalty make dem beat naija 2-1. YEYE. NA SIGN OF ENDTIMES

3 Likes

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
Na today Yobo knw say despite d win say Keshi dey smoke hot goat shit?
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
wetin dat wrestler wan
0ffer again?...make him q0 ma/stur/bate wit ab0niki balm lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by sylve11: 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
AK 48: Make yobo go sidan

U go sidan for brt lane. Becos u dislike someone doesn't mean u shouldn't point out to what is right. *hisses* cool

3 Likes

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Danhumprey: 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
Like seriously! I don't knw wat to say! Yobo again? With so much flaws at the Nation Cup?

2 Likes

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by misterh(m): 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2013
It' s situations like this that break a team. He should have made his grievance known to Keshi, instead of coming public with it. He should have shown enough maturity on how to deal with issues like this. The team is still a work in progress and cohesion is needed now. I'm not trying to justify Keshi but what Yobo did is not the best. My opinion though!

19 Likes

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2013
Vickii Ro: Na today Yobo knw say despite d win say Keshi dey smoke hot goat shit?
I made frontpage!!!!!!!!!Yippee!!!
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by zangiff(m): 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2013
he understands that, it is an indirect way of putting him aside....only d wise will understand dis

1 Like

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Ibangap(m): 1:55pm On Apr 02, 2013
Hmm, everyone seems to be 'blasting' eachoda in d national team circle these days. I jus hope there won't be too many casualties in d aftermath of d blasts.
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by NAIRA25(m): 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2013
the guy is making sense
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by babadey(m): 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2013
He is unprofessional to say that's "disrespectful". Being a captain does make him a 1st team sure banka. If you fit,you play and if not, your wife is @ home waiting for her long deprived marital food.

Nansense

2 Likes

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Built2last: 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2013
Someone shud pls tell Yobo that he expired in Nations Cup. Does he need the brain of an astronaut to figure that out.

3 Likes

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
Demdem: Yobo has a good point. He is the captain.

Captian of which team, mayb captain of beach ball were he can see chicks in bikini grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by 1forall: 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
A good manager should know how to manage players' egos. The same thing happened with Osaze prior to the Nations cup, Mr Keshi needs to pay more attention to these details.

4 Likes

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Afam4eva(m): 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
Yobo is not angry for been left out of the tea. His only grouse is that the captain of the team which is is, was not intimated concerning the happenings prior to the match. I agree with Yobo 100%.

4 Likes

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by aforosco(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
D guy is very correct he did not say he cant b left out bt as a captain he shld b informed
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by chuckdee4(m): 2:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
Keshi has won 2 nations cup as a coach and player
Yobo has won 1 nations cup as a bench warming captain

See as small boys of today have no respect for their elders, Yobo should be kissing beshi's behind for even carrying him along in that AFCOn team, the whole nation knew he was just a passenger. I no blame am sha, if it wasn't for the astronomical wages these Europeans pay them how e wan take get mouth.

Like he would have spoken that way about David Moyes

1 Like

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
He has a valid point, the coaching crew ought to have informed him. He is Captain for crying out loud.
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by farmbiz: 2:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
If its in the right and official order of things for coaches to run their decisions through their capatains, then Yobo's out-pour is not out of play.
Leader are leader when they try to do things the right way, 'cos that the whole essence of being exemplary. Besides, Yobo already showed is spirit of sportmanship (even if it is an intending one) by
Declaring that he wouldn't mind to be left out, he only needed to be informed (relevant).
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by dedons: 2:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
Abegi...make dat calabar boy go rest jare
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Demdem(m): 2:07pm On Apr 02, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

Captian of which team, mayb captain of beach ball were he can see chicks in bikini grin grin grin

He remains the captain at least for now.
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by DrWhizy(m): 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva: Yobo is not angry for been left out of the tea. His only grouse is that the captain of the team which is is, was not intimated concerning the happenings prior to the match. I agree with Yobo 100%.
first 2 comment on ur comment. grin grin grin #sips palm wine

1 Like

Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by ChrisGnarly: 2:09pm On Apr 02, 2013
bt truly this is bad, even if they dont want to use hm, he is d captain, he shld hv invited hm. thats naija f u
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by tommykiwi(m): 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
Yobo have notin to offer again to the national team, I am fully in support of Yobo been snubbed by Coach Stephen Keshi
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by Jabioro: 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
Yobo calamity! I beg we got enough disappoint'd 4rm u..go sidan!
Re: Yobo Blasts Keshi Over Kenya Snub by BizzieBoi(m): 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]Yobo no vex eh,but keshi no try at all,e for still let d guy knw wetin dey nah,ordinary to stil cal ur players again...d keshi get e own problem self! :-XYobo no vex eh,but keshi no try at all,e for still let d guy knw wetin dey nah,ordinary to stil cal ur players again...d keshi get e own problem self!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pure Ice Hockey Tips / FIFA Refuses To Back Messi Or Chitalu For Goal Record / Chelsea Are Considering Entering The Race For Harry Maguire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.