Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,156 members, 7,815,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists (21870 Views)

No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists / Batch C 2014 Mobilisation Time Table / No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation, NYSC Tells Prospective Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by daik(m): 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2013
The NYSC Director, Public Relation, Mrs Bosede Aribigbe, on Tuesday advised prospective corps members to obtain their JAMB registration numbers, to avoid demobilisation.

Aribigbe told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja that one of the requirements for participation in the orientation exercise was the presentation of JAMB registration number.

According to her, only corps members, who are duly qualified and registered with JAMB will be mobilised for the scheme.

She, therefore, advised prospective corps members to obtain their registration numbers from JAMB to qualify for the exercise.

Aribigbe said: “I am advising the prospective corps members to make sure that they obtain their JAMB registration numbers to be able to participate in the orientation exercise.

`‘They must liaise with their Students Affairs Department to be able to secure the JAMB registration numbers, if they do not have it.

“Parents and guardians of those who are going for degrees and HND through remedial should encourage their wards to obtain the registration number, to enable them participate in the exercise.

`This category of students should give the registration number to their student affairs departments immediately they secure it, to ensure they will participate in the scheme.”

She said that the pre-mobilisation workshop for the 2013 Batch ‘B’ exercise was billed to hold in April.

She recalled that some of the prospective corps members due for mobilisation in the 2013 Batch `A’ exercise could not do so, due to failure to present JAMB registration numbers.

She disclosed that the 2013 Batch ‘A‘ orientation exercise for corps members deployed to Yobe and Borno would hold from April 4, to April 25 in the Nasarawa and Benue camps.

She also said that 70,000 corps members were mobilised for the 2013 Batch `A’ orientation exercise nationwide.

NAN reports that the scheme had in a statement signed by the NYSC Director-General, Brig.-Gen. Nnamdi Okore-Affia, also advised corps producing institutions to abide by the admission quota.

The statement issued on Feb. 13, reveals that the quota system was approved by National Universities Commission and National Board for Technical Education, which are education regulatory agencies.

The statement further revealed that graduates of institutions whose courses were not duly accredited would also not be allowed to participate in the orientation exercise.

http://www.punchng.com/news/no-jamb-registration-no-mobilisation-for-corps-members-nysc-insists/
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by CharlesShaw(m): 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2013
I do feel her Precursor but this is no longer news.
MrsBosede you ppl shud release the gadamn time table, that's watsup. Not heralding sum quondam message.
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by matthias42(m): 5:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
Na so i dey ooo
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
Charles Shaw: I do feel her Precursor but this is no longer news.
MrsBosede you ppl shud release the gadamn time table, that's watsup. Not heralding sum quondam message.

I couldn't agree more.
Who the fuq doesn't know that jamb number is now a pre-requisite for mobilisation?
They betta come out with valid info, than keep twisting same news around. angry
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by Tolexander: 6:55am On Apr 03, 2013
Seems this is against the ExPDites.
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by Valto(m): 5:15pm On Apr 03, 2013
a new way to cut off some people, from participating in nysc
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by tweakdude: 5:16pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hmmmm....

Nigeria with their education pattern sef!
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by gbogboti: 5:18pm On Apr 03, 2013
The same JAMB that FG has cancelled or which one? Or which one?

mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-set-to-scrap-neco-cancels-utme/

1 Like

Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by luckgood(m): 5:18pm On Apr 03, 2013
MUST I COMMENT!
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by Iceduhu(m): 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
Abeg Talk better thing like Alawee increment, security and the like.
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by fittty(m): 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
Part time ond holders una don hear?
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2013
Plz am due for batch B nd hv nt submited my jamb registration number apart from d one I did in school last year during clearance...plz ANY ZIKITE in d house??(Graduate of nnamdi azikiwe uni.) Pls let me know if we r meant to submit again
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by Larrylarex(m): 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
[quote author=gbogboti]The same JAMB that FG has cancelled or which one? Or which one?
Abeg help me ask them o, e be like say the news never reach the Woman hear sef. Dem wan confuse person with all this info sef: dem cancel NECO, cancel UTME, JAMB registration number neccesary, person wey neva get am b4 nko how dey wan take get am Naija?!
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by nairaman66(m): 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
Mere attention seeker!! Even a fool already knows that!
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by idmanzik: 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2013
This is unfair to those candidates admitted through remidial or pre-science programme in our various higher institutions of learning. I have a friend who finished from ABU in 2012, he was admitted through ABU's remidial programme but is yet to be mobilized for NYSC because of JAMB registration number - the school requests he provide any JAMB reg number before being mobilized.

Luckily for him, he wrote JAMB before going through the remidial programme. Of many who passed through the rem's programme, he is among the few with JAMB registration. So what's gonna happen to others.

Who takes the blame?...the Students? Universities? or JAMB?.
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by sleekch1c(f): 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2013
kamdyjenny: Plz am due for batch B nd hv nt submited my jamb registration number apart from d one I did in school last year during clearance...plz ANY ZIKITE in d house??(Graduate of nnamdi azikiwe uni.) Pls let me know if we r meant to submit again
Pls go to school and find out.
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by a1solution: 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
[size=20pt]What will they use the number for?[/size]
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by Chanchit: 6:50pm On Apr 03, 2013
GEJ is nt the only cluless public office holder in Nigeria, when they are still talking abt scrapping some exam, someone else is busy asking for something that irrelivant to the issue on ground, whats NYSC gots to do with Jamb.
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by HAH: 7:08pm On Apr 03, 2013
This is nonsense, what is the business of nysc with jamb,I think the issue of jamb slip should be left for school to handle and not nysc,

Nysc is for national service, I think the culprit should be the schools not the student their only concern should be to check if the certificate is genuine. To me this is a misplaced priority and just a way of cutting the number of prospective corp members

What of those that studied abroad do we also ask them to produce jamb slip, this is pure discrimination.

I wonder what they will hold on to now that FG want to scrap JAMB.

2 Likes

Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by Temisan220(m): 8:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
Which country is this, God pls deliever us, what consined NYSC about Jamb reg.

1 Like

Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by ITbomb(m): 8:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
gbogboti: The same JAMB that FG has cancelled or which one? Or which one?

mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-set-to-scrap-neco-cancels-utme/
' Set to scrap ' is not the same thing as ' cancelled '
JAMB is still on for next 2 years or more until bill or Act that set it up is amended by the National Assembly.
We should stop all the Strong man mentality of someone just waking up and make changes .

1 Like

Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by Ekpekus(m): 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2013
What about those that studied abroad?
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by Pancs(m): 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2013
any batch A coup. On What document did you present your jamb reg number. Is it on your admission letter or the computer print out during registration.
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by toyibabe(f): 9:38pm On Apr 03, 2013
[quote author=Pancs]any batch A coup. On What document did you present your jamb reg number. Is it on your admission letter or the computer print out during registration.
For those that have Jamb reg b4 and dat just register, U are to write it on a space provided on mobilisation list .
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by herkeym001(m): 9:41pm On Apr 03, 2013
In my department we were told to submit our JAMB slip and not only the Reg No,I don't have the slip again but I retrieve the Reg No from my then Admission leter and when I print it out most of my data were blank, its only my name and jamb score that is there on internet. Am scared oooo.
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by Tolexander: 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2013
a1solution: [size=20pt]What will they use the number for?[/size]
[size=20pt]they will use them to play Baba Ijebu[/size]

1 Like

Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by Odunnu: 9:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hasn't it always been a pre-requisite since time imoriver ?
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by alienware(m): 10:38pm On Apr 03, 2013
Instead were u go pray make them no scrape nysc, u dey say without jamb reg number no mobilization. People no serve without jamb reg number b4 u come ? You serve with jamb reg number ? Betta watch ur as$ b4 nysc get scrap & u will be back in the street.
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by soltex(m): 10:42pm On Apr 03, 2013
Unimaid (university of Maiduguri) released a list of prospective corps for Batch (B) some few weeks ago in order to check d jamb reg. tin. They gave student without record of jamb reg. number about 2weeks to submit, and alot whose reg number wasn't there submitted b4 d closing date by d skool. so we're now waiting for NYSC for d blue print(mobilisation).
Re: No JAMB Registration, No Mobilisation For Corps Members — NYSC Insists by hardeyincah(m): 12:07am On Apr 04, 2013
fittty: Part time ond holders una don hear?
Na wetin we go do?

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC 2013/2014 Batch C, Where Is Your PPA! / NYSC Donates N3.5m To Corper Ogunpaimo Kehinde For Heart Surgery / Lawyer Corper Returns Missing Phone In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.