Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,164 members, 7,835,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Be Hungry For God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Hungry For God (465 Views)

Trinitarian Disrespect For God / A Fellow Pastor Kept Me & My Wife Hungry For Almost A Week / Are You Hungry For Bread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Hungry For God by sidespin: 3:55pm On Apr 02, 2013
BE HUNGRY FOR GOD

I was holding a meeting, once, in London, and at the close a man came to me and said, “We are not allowed to hold meetings in this hall after 11 o’clock, and we would like you to come home with us. I am so hungry for God.” The wife said she, too, was hungry, and so I agreed to go with them. At about 12:30 we arrived at their house. The man began stirring up the fire and said, “Now we will have a good supper.” I said to them, “I did not come here for your warm fire, your supper or your bed. I came here because I thought you were hungry to get more of God.” We got down to pray and at about 3:30 the Lord baptized the wife, and she spoke in tongues as the Spirit gave utterance. At about 5 o’clock I spoke to the husband and asked how he was getting on. He replied, “God has broken my iron, stubborn will.” He had not received the Baptism, but God had wrought a mighty work within him.

The following day, at his business, everyone could tell that a great change had come to him. Before he had been a walking terror. The men who labored for him had looked upon him as a regular devil because of the way he had acted; but coming into contact with the power of God that night completely changed him. Before this he had made a religious profession, but he had never truly entered into the experience of the new birth until that night, when the power of God surged so mightily through his home. A short while afterwards I went to this man’s home, and his two sons ran to me and kissed me, saying, “We have a new father.” Previous to this, these boys had often said to their mother, “Mother, we cannot stand it in the home any longer. We will have to leave.” But the Lord changed the whole situation that night as we prayed together. On the second visit the Lord baptized this man in the Holy Ghost. The Holy Spirit will reveal false positions, pull the mask off any refuge of lies and clean up and remove all false conditions. When the Holy Spirit came in, that man’s house and business and he himself were entirely changed. When the Holy Spirit comes in He comes to empower you to be an effective witness. (Smith Wigglesworth)

(1) (Reply)

Purpose: Sent To Proclaim The Acceptable Year / Remember The Sabbath Day! / A Fair Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.