Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

The World’s Biggest Mall In China Is Now A Ghost Town - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The World’s Biggest Mall In China Is Now A Ghost Town (535 Views)

Africa’s Biggest Mall Opens In South Africa! / World's Largest Building Opens In China / Road Built Around House In China After Owners Refuse To Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The World’s Biggest Mall In China Is Now A Ghost Town by estatemark(m): 8:01am On Apr 03, 2013
Having an estimated population of 10 million, the Chinese Dongguan are unable to sustain a 5 million square feet shopping mall, despite many of them are migrant workers from other parts of the country.

The shopping mall was opened in 2005, containing 2,350 stores which make it the largest in the world in terms of leasable space. It was expected to attract an upwards of 100,000 visitors a day but practically no people come for shopping.
Most of its storefronts remain unoccupied within eight years after it first opened, a desolate monument to Chinese real estate ambitions and the stimulus credit boom that followed the financial crisis. It also sits on the outskirts of town, making it difficult to access. Only a handful of stores are occupied despite the bombastic design and grand plans. The mall is virtually deserted. [urlhttp://www.bssmobile.com]read on[/http://www.bssmobile.com]

(1) (Reply)

Office Accomodation Available At Lagos Domestic Airport / 4br Dupkex Wit Aroom Bq Each Land Certificate Price #35m / Hello Nairaland I Am Here To Introduce Myself To You I Am Professional Tiler's C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.