Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,004 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

"Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? (20724 Views)

How Ekiti Is Made Ungovernable Whenever APC Loses. / Apostle Johnson Suleman Said It, Now It's Happening? / I Will Make Nigeria Ungovernable,who Made That Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by egift(m): 11:29am On Apr 03, 2013
While this present government have done very little to tackle security on ordinary Nigerians, I have seen one statement from their supporters/critics making rounds whenever we discuss the safety of Nigerians.

I do not know the exact quote, but am hoping through this thread, we can put to rest the falsehood or facts behind the statement that "Nigeria will be made un-governable" (a phrase that came up just before the 2011 elections).

If you have a valid link, video, audio, or article, do post it.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Stallion77(f): 11:31am On Apr 03, 2013
Buhari!!! ...Before the 2011 elections and so far so bad!!!

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by egift(m): 11:34am On Apr 03, 2013
Stallion77: Buhari!!! ...Before the 2011 elections and so far so bad!!!

We are asking for proof and not throwing up names, please. If you do not have any verifiable link, you may hold your peace.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Stallion77(f): 11:38am On Apr 03, 2013
egift:

We are asking for proof and not throwing up names, please. If you do not have any verifiable link, you may hold your peace.

I am holding my peace right now...

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by fredopayee(m): 11:44am On Apr 03, 2013
It was Buhari nah during his campaign in 2011 presidential election..

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Olaolufred(m): 12:17pm On Apr 03, 2013
The first indication of this desperation was the inflammatory statement by the second republic governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Lawal Kaita. He said the North would make Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan if he emerged winner of the presidential election.
[b]Not long after that, Atiku himself followed up with a statement that was unbecoming of a man of his status. “He who makes peaceful change impossible makes violent change inevitable,” he was reported as saying.[/b]

HOWEVER, CHECK THE LINK BELOW FOR THE 2011 PDP PRIMARY PALLAVER.
PDP, THE KILLER PARTY OF DO-OR-DIE POLITICS.

THE LORD WILL ALSO JUDGE THE FOOLS WHO KEEP ON SPREADING LIES BECAUSE OF ABJECT IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY.

http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=atiku+on+making+nigeria+ungovernable&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&ved=0CGYQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tribune.com.ng%2Findex.php%2Feditorial%2F16898-atiku-and-the-pdp-presidential-ticket&ei=cA1cUZ39JsPsOv72gNAF&usg=AFQjCNHJeAOKVUeiCGv7k-dACUuTvucDrg

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Olaolufred(m): 12:19pm On Apr 03, 2013
fredopayee: It was Buhari nah during his campaign in 2011 presidential election..

ONE OF THE FOOLS BEING DECIEVED BY JONATHAN.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Olaolufred(m): 12:19pm On Apr 03, 2013

YOU ARE ALSO ONE OF THEM

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Tolexander: 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2013
"Nigeria Will Be Made
Ungovernable" - Who Said It?
by egift(m): 11:29am
no be you talk am ni?
Abi which kind question be this?

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by malc619(m): 12:34pm On Apr 03, 2013
Some fools in the Killer-Party said it...
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by eggheaders(m): 12:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
gej a55 lickers over to you brainless dolt to come and lie now ooo.
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by SherlockHolmes1(m): 12:43pm On Apr 03, 2013
Olaolufred:

HOWEVER, CHECK THE LINK BELOW FOR THE 2011 PDP PRIMARY PALLAVER.
PDP, THE KILLER PARTY OF DO-OR-DIE POLITICS.

THE LORD WILL ALSO JUDGE THE FOOLS WHO KEEP ON SPREADING LIES BECAUSE OF ABJECT IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY.

http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=atiku+on+making+nigeria+ungovernable&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&ved=0CGYQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tribune.com.ng%2Findex.php%2Feditorial%2F16898-atiku-and-the-pdp-presidential-ticket&ei=cA1cUZ39JsPsOv72gNAF&usg=AFQjCNHJeAOKVUeiCGv7k-dACUuTvucDrg

Stop labelling people cos you have just a side of a gist...
https://www.nairaland.com/784118/sss-probes-buharis-campaign-speeches

The link on this thread has been deleted by Dailytrust so you cant find it on their website.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Olaolufred(m): 12:50pm On Apr 03, 2013
Sherlock Holmes:

The link on this thread has been deleted by Dailytrust so you cant find it on their website.

DON'T YOU THINK YOU ARE FOOLING YOURSELF?

YOUR NAIRALAND LINK WITHOUT A VERIFIABLE SOURCE DID NOT SHOW ME ANYWHERE I CAN GET THE QUOTE "I WILL MAKE NIGERIA UNGORVERNABLE"
THIS POST HAS A TITLE, "NIGERIA WILL BE MADE UNGORVERNABLE" - WHO SAID IT?

SSS HAS THE RIGHT TO INTERPRETE THAT BUHARI SAID THIS OR THAT.
BUT PEOPLE ARE NOT PROSECUTED ON ALLEGATIONS, BUT FACTS.
I KNOW YOU MAY JUST BE A BABY WHO IS LIMITED IN UNDERSTANDING,
BUT THAT WILL NOT CHANGE THE FACT AND TRUTH.
PLEASE THINK WELL BEFORE YOUR NEXT ACTION. OK.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by eggheaders(m): 12:52pm On Apr 03, 2013
Sherlock Holmes:

hey fuccktard wasted my time reading your shyte link.still nothing to incriminate the man.go find another lie joor.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by SherlockHolmes1(m): 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
Olaolufred:

YOUR NAIRALAND LINK WITHOUT A VERIFIABLE SOURCE DID NOT SHOW ME ANYWHERE I CAN GET THE QUOTE "I WILL MAKE NIGERIA UNGORVERNABLE"

grin grin grin grin
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by SherlockHolmes1(m): 12:59pm On Apr 03, 2013
eggheaders:
hey fuccktard wasted my time reading your shyte link.still nothing to incriminate the man.go find another lie joor.

Hmmn, Abysmal. Your signature projects you as unstable. Get help.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Olaolufred(m): 1:00pm On Apr 03, 2013
Sherlock Holmes:
grin grin grin grin

THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING THE FACT THAT ONE MUST NOT ACT OR TALK FIRST, AND THINK LATER.
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Joeadamu86: 1:03pm On Apr 03, 2013
Olaolufred:

Something that was said no too long ago,that statement was creditted to General Buhari, we all heard it, we Nigerians are too intelligent to be fooled,let always call a spade a spade..

3 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Olaolufred(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
Joeadamu86: Something that was said no too long ago,that statement was creditted to General Buhari, we all heard it, we Nigerians are too intelligent to be fooled,let always call a spade a spade..

JOE ADAMU, BE MATURED IN YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS.

THE POSTER SAID,

If you have a valid link, video, audio, or article, do post it.

REFERENCES ARE A VALID WAY OF PROVING YOUR POINT.

HOWEVER, WHAT YOU'VE DONE NOW IS TO SAY WHAT YOU HEARD PEOPLE SAY.

IF YOU ARE SURE OF YOURSELF, PLEASE POST YOUR EVIDENCE.
HOWEVER, THAT STATEMENT WAS MADE BY KAITA.
I AM WAITING TO READ THE PROVES YOU HAVE.
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by eggheaders(m): 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
Sherlock Holmes:

Hmmn, Abysmal. Your signature projects you as unstable. Get help.

you gat issues with my siggy. ain't gat time for a effing Shylock Holmes.pac and modey are my role model in creative writing. your dumbskull can't dechiper that.go take your medications nitwit. take your lagatine on a reg or check in the rehab next door.dingbats loser.
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by takedat(m): 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2013
Lawal Kaita- "The North is determined if it happens, to make Nigeria 'ungovernable' for President Jonathan or any other Southerner who finds his way to the seat of power on the platform of the PDP against the principle of the party's zoning policy. ANYTHING short of a northern president is tantamount to stealing our presidency. Jonathan has to go and he will go. Even of he uses incumbency power to get his nomination on the platform of the PDP, he will be 'frustrated' out."
www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/editorial/12020-kaitas-incendiary-outburst

dailyindependentnig.com/2012/06/making-nigeria-ungovernable-for-president-jonathan/

EK Clark on Boko Haram; Arrest Lawal Kaita and Adamu Ciroma
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/boko-haram-arrest-ciroma-lawal-kaita-clark/

Atiku Abubakar- Those who make peaceful change impossible will make violent change inevitable.
www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/editorial/16898-atiku-and-the-pdp-presidential-ticket

These are PDP members in their typical "Do or Die" politicking, yet they are not in the mentions of the overweight chatterbox(Okupe).

3 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Sibrah: 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2013
It disgruntled politicians

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Sibrah: 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2013
^^^^
What they shouldn't do is use Nigerian who aren't properties of PDP as collateral damages.
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Olaolufred(m): 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2013
take dat: Lawal Kaita- "The North is determined if it happens, to make Nigeria 'ungovernable' for President Jonathan or any other Southerner who finds his way to the seat of power on the platform of the PDP against the principle of the party's zoning policy. ANYTHING short of a northern president is tantamount to stealing our presidency. Jonathan has to go and he will go. Even of he uses incumbency power to get his nomination on the platform of the PDP, he will be 'frustrated' out."
www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/editorial/12020-kaitas-incendiary-outburst

dailyindependentnig.com/2012/06/making-nigeria-ungovernable-for-president-jonathan/

EK Clark on Boko Haram; Arrest Lawal Kaita and Adamu Ciroma
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/boko-haram-arrest-ciroma-lawal-kaita-clark/

Atiku Abubakar- Those who make peaceful change impossible will make violent change inevitable.
www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/editorial/16898-atiku-and-the-pdp-presidential-ticket

YOU HAVE TRIED YOUR BEST,
ASK THE DUMBSKULLS WHO SAID IT, YOU WILL STILL GET THE USUAL ANSWER, BUHARIIIIIIIIIIIII.
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Olaolufred(m): 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2013
Sibrah: ^^^^
What they shouldn't do is use Nigerian who aren't properties of PDP as collateral damages.

THAT IS MY OWN PAIN.
IF IT IS PDP THAT IS DOING PKP WITHIN THEIR PARTY, NO PROBLEM.
BUT IT IS THE ALREADY OPPRESSED AND IMPOVERISHED NIGERIANS THAT THEY ARE KILLING.
NOTE: PKP= PEOPLE'S KILLING PARTY.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by malc619(m): 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
Joeadamu86: Something that was said no too long ago,that statement was creditted to General Buhari, we all heard it, we Nigerians are too intelligent to be fooled,let always call a spade a spade..

Even with the proofs and links you've seen on the thread so far you still have the guts to spew thrash from the foul-smelling orifice you call a mouth!!

People like you would have to be killed off or sold to slavery for this country to make progress.

Why are you so intellectually incapacitated and mentally under-developed??

Why are ur brain cells in a state of constant haphazard motion, rendering ur mental faculty completely useless??

Why are you duller than an illiterate He-Goat??

I detest senseless folks like you with a strong passion..

*spits in disgust*

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Jakumo(m): 7:08pm On Apr 03, 2013
Pellow Kwantiri-man. Ifi yan no vote-am fwa me, Boko mujahadeen go make am Nongeriya un-gavanable. Chikena !

Na me talk am today, walahi-talahi, gaskiya turue word, say make yan vote am fwa me and show displeeeen, if yan no want die like Ileya nama.

Damboro-uba, shege !

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by slimghost(m): 7:14pm On Apr 03, 2013
Jakumo: Pellow Kwantiri-man. Ifi yan no vote-am fwa me, Boko mujahadeen go make am Nongeriya un-gavanable. Chikena !

Na me talk am today, walahi-talahi, gaskiya turue word, say make yan vote am fwa me and show displeeeen, if yan no want die like Ileya nama.

Damboro-uba, shege !

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy LWKMD
Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Omen100(m): 7:30pm On Apr 03, 2013
Okay, its enough of who said this or who said that & now I want to use this opportunity to set the record straight for once & for all.

I was the one that said it & I will keep saying it that "president jonathan ebele goodluck is a r€tard" & I hope I have made myself clear this time around?

Thank you all & god bless.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by koruji(m): 4:05am On Apr 04, 2013
Buhari made statements warning about rigging elections, but he never said anything about making the country ungovernable.

[size=16pt]These statements came from people within PDP itself: Atiku, his aide Kaita and Adamu Ciroma among others.[/size]

Google is your friend, it is not that hard to find the source of these comments - see the story about Atiku and Kaita below.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/editorial/15129-atiku-abubakars-threat
ATIKU ABUBAKAR’S THREAT
Thursday, 23 December 2010
JUST about two months ago, we wrote to condemn the incendiary outburst of a former governor of the old Kaduna State, Alhaji Lawal Kaita. We criticised the former governor for issuing a threat that the North would make Nigeria ungovernable for President Goodluck Jonathan if he emerged the winner of the forthcoming election. It is a matter for great concern that the situation is not getting better. The agitation by certain politicians for a “northern president” in 2011 is assuming a rather desperate dimension.

THIS desperation was manifested on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 at a stakeholders’ forum where the “northern consensus aspirant” picked by the Adamu Ciroma-led group, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, was reported to have issued a threat that was unbecoming of a man of his status in the society. “...Let me again send another message to the leadership of our great country, especially the political leadership that those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable...” he was quoted as saying. Should the contest for a party ticket assume such a disturbing dimension? Where indeed is that obstruction to peaceful change in Nigeria’s political firmament?

IT cannot be a mere coincidence that Kaita belongs to Abubakar’s political camp. The unfortunate impression emanating from this camp is that it has subordinated the interests of Nigeria to the presidential ambition of its principal. Nigeria is a country in dire straits. It is one political entity in which virtually nothing works and in which the people have been brutally short-changed by a succession of self-seeking and conscienceless political leaders. Decades of wilful mismanagement has put the wealth of the country in the hands of a negligible percentage of the population. Nigerians are not oblivious of the fact that most of today’s contenders for political leadership are part and parcel of this vicious minority. It is not unknown to the disadvantaged citizens of this country that Atiku Abubakar is an integral part of this tiny minority.

IT is in the forlorn hope for a better Nigeria that the people have been looking forward to a positive change in 2011. The general expectation is that the various aspirants will come up with blueprints that will address the myriad problems that have rendered the economy prostrate and the people miserable. What Nigerians now want is a new lease of life — job opportunities, basic necessities of life, security of life and property, among others, which cannot be achieved in a state of social or political conflagration that Abubakar’s camp is threatening to inflict on the country. In a country bedevilled by armed robbery, kidnapping, religious uprising, unfathomable corruption and pervasive poverty, life should not be worse than it is.

IT is not uncommon for politicians to dig up their opponents’ murky past in their efforts to get the upper hand in an electoral contest. This, however, should not be the main plank of an election strategy. Nigerian politicians should emulate the standard of political campaign in the developed countries they visit so often. Torrents of abuse and threats of violence cannot convince a rational voter or delegate. Nigerian politicians should shift their focus to issues and issues alone. It is a great surprise that threats of violence and disturbance of public peace have been emanating from Abubakar and members of his camp.

IT is ironical that a man who claimed he stood against the alleged do-or-die politics of his former boss is now pursuing his quest for Nigeria’s presidency as a matter of life and death. It is least expected that a man of his exposure and experience in public service, business and politics, can consider violence as a means to his desired end. It is inconceivable that a former vice-president, who had taken full advantage of the legal process to get his rights restored can now see violence as an option in the event of failure to achieve his political objective.

WE earnestly counsel Abubakar and other politicians of his ilk to take cognisance of the fundamental truth that violence will always beget violence. The unfortunate aspect of it is that problems are always created by the privileged class while the brunt is always borne by the hoi polloi. All those fanning the ember of violence should be fair-minded enough to bring home their children in foreign educational institutions and give them guns and machetes to lead the struggle for their fathers’ personal aggrandisement.

THE threats of fire and brimstone in the quest for political positions cast doubts on the genuineness of expressed intentions to serve the people’s interests. If the contest for a party ticket is being pursued with this level of desperation, what should the people expect to see during and after the general election. The entire world is waiting to see what Nigeria will make of the 2011 elections. We fervently hope that Nigerian politicians are not perfecting strategies that are capable of actualising the predictions of doomsayers on the country.

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Ownfag(m): 7:45am On Jul 25, 2014
Must i post a link before you know that its your elder states man General Buhari said that he is going to make Nigeria ungovernor if he fail 2011 election?. Hypocrites. Then since that time you can see the ugly news of bokoharam insurgency in daily basis

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Be Made Ungovernable" - Who Said It? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 25, 2014
malc619:

Even with the proofs and links you've seen on the thread so far you still have the guts to spew thrash from the foul-smelling orifice you call a mouth!!

People like you would have to be killed off or sold to slavery for this country to make progress.

Why are you so intellectually incapacitated and mentally under-developed??

Why are ur brain cells in a state of constant haphazard motion, rendering ur mental faculty completely useless??

Why are you duller than an illiterate He-Goat??

I detest senseless folks like you with a strong passion..

*spits in disgust*
Oh God! Brutality at its peak

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abba Kyari, Aisha Buhari, Others Bleed Nigeria High Commission In London - SR / Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China / Edo Drivers Association Endorses Obaseki (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.