Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,619 members, 7,851,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:22 PM

Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku (7172 Views)

Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ / Anyaoku Leads PAC Members To Bid Jonathan Farewell / Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by lotannam: 5:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
[quote author=baby_123]Nothing like turn by turn in Nigeria. That is PDP's arrangement. Anyone that feels they are qualified can run. PDP cannot dictate Nigeria's constitution. They are only a party among many political parties. If you think you can get votes, then go out and run. Dont wait for a turn or PDP to cheat for you. undecided[/quot the PDP cheated to make others president so what's wrong wt doing the same for Ndigbo?
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
curfew:

are you still a fraudstar?
No. That was then..admission runs.
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by danny301: 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
If presidency is turn by turn, then its the turn of middle-belt(north central) to produce the next president... This democratic dispensation started with OBJ from the south-west after which power went to Yar'dua from north-west, then GEJ from south-south came to power. If its a matter of equation then power should move to the middle(belt), only after then it could be logical to say that its the turn of the easterners... Then from south-east power have to finally to move to north-east,and after that we would start all over again from the south-west....Someone cannot be talking about fairness or as far as presidency is concerned and still be saying that after GEJ from south-south might have stayed in aso rock for 5 if not 9 years then his brother from south east should take over from him, how logical is that?

Having said that, i like to say that i have nothing against an ibo man becoming the president but on the ground of any equity, (hence there is no impartiality anywhere as far the presidency is concerned since the returned to democracy in 1999 till date) but on the ground that anything competent Nigerian can be president, so if that competent person is from the east so be it.
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2013
Last time i checked, Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is an igbo man. We don't need another igbo man come 2015.He still remains our brother from Otuoke in Bayelsa state. What more does Anyaoku want huh?

1 Like

Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by slimghost(m): 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
berem: Last time i checked, Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is an igbo man. We don't need another igbo man come 2015.He still remains our brother from Otuoke in Bayelsa state. What more does Anyaoku want huh?

Nwannem Nwanyi oginikwa? aru adikwa gi? grin grin shocked
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 03, 2013
slimghost:

Nwannem Nwanyi oginikwa? aru adikwa gi? grin grin shocked
onye bu nwanne gi nwanyi? gini na ato gi ochi? gi na onye na achikwanu? biko si ni iru m pu o tupu eme ngi ihe igaghi echefu na ndu gi! mtscheeeew! angry
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by oturugo(m): 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
berem: Last time i checked, Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is an igbo man. We don't need another igbo man come 2015.He still remains our brother from Otuoke in Bayelsa state. What more does Anyaoku want huh?
Goodluck Jonathan is not from the south east and doesnt represent the south east.
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by slimghost(m): 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2013
berem: onye bu nwanne gi nwanyi? gini na ato gi ochi? gi na onye na achikwanu? biko si ni iru m pu o tupu eme ngi ihe igaghi echefu na ndu gi! mtscheeeew! angry

Ogini na esekwanu? ibukwa nwannem nwanyi oooo, ma ichoro ya ma ichoro ya. gbam grin grin cheesy
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
oturugo:
Goodluck Jonathan is not from the south east and doesnt represent the south east.
really? I have read it so many times on this forum and from the mouth of some ndi igbo that he is OUR BROTHER FROM THE SOUTH. I also read that we don't need an igbo man for president since GEJ is already representing the igbos. abi? except i was blind i didnt read it well.
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by slimghost(m): 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2013
berem: really? I have read it so many times on this forum and from the mouth of some ndi igbo that he is OUR BROTHER FROM THE SOUTH. I also read that we don't need an igbo man for president since GEJ is already representing the igbos. abi? except i was blind i didnt read it well.

Whoever said so is a bloody sycophant! GEJ is not my/our brother but i still support him for obvious reasons. And if i don't see a credible candidate from the opposition come 2015, i will support him again. No Apology
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by GenOrumov: 6:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
And what is Ndigbo doing to provide the next President of Nigeria?
Nothing!!
They are repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot thereby being their own number one enemy. Let me list out the mistakes they keep repeating.
1.) They keep fighting their SHOULD BE allies (Yorubas). Do they think the South Westerners will vote for an Easterner not with the continued abuse we receive from them and the blame they heap on us for their downfall? Fact is Igbos need us if they want to be President more than they need us. But presently, they are not doing a good job extending arms of friendship to their perceived enemies and which .
2.) They have chosen to remain in the PDP. The mistake they make here is thinking Goodluck Jonathan will hand over to them come 2019 if he decides to contest 2015 elections and subsequently wins. They forget that a Northerner is currently the Vice-President (and the un-official arrangement is to always let the deputy step into the shoes of the Governor/President when their tenure expires although not in all cases) and Jonathan will likely hand over to Sambo bearing in mind that the North have been clamouring for power to return to them.

The only party which is recognisable as a thorough Igbo party, APGA is going to be dead in the coming months when APC finally merges.
My advice for them is to join the opposition if they want to quickly realise their dreams and aspirations. Like I said earlier, Jonathan will most likely seek re-election in 2015 and if he wins he will then handover to Sambo (a Northerner) who will in turn rule for 2 terms which may be from 2019 to 2027 (Don't forget Nigerian politicians never quit after a term unless death stops them. The benefits of being in office will never let them).
But if the join the opposition now and manage to secure the Vice President position and the oppposition eventually wins, they may end being President in 2023 which is four years earlier than they may be able to realise the dream in PDP.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by slimghost(m): 6:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
Gen. Orumov:
Nothing!!
They are repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot thereby being their own number one enemy. Let me list out the mistakes they keep repeating.
1.) They keep fighting their SHOULD BE allies (Yorubas). Do they think the South Westerners will vote for an Easterner not with the continued abuse we receive from them and the blame they heap on us for their downfall? Fact is Igbos need us if they want to be President more than they need us. But presently, they are not doing a good job extending arms of friendship to their perceived enemies and which .
2.) They have chosen to remain in the PDP. The mistake they make here is thinking Goodluck Jonathan will hand over to them come 2019 if he decides to contest 2015 elections and subsequently wins. They forget that a Northerner is currently the Vice-President (and the un-official arrangement is to always let the deputy step into the shoes of the Governor/President when their tenure expires although not in all cases) and Jonathan will likely hand over to Sambo bearing in mind that the North have been clamouring for power to return to them.

The only party which is recognisable as a thorough Igbo party, APGA is going to be dead in the coming months when APC finally merges.

Where do i start? phew!!!
1.Igbos dont need the Yorubas to win a presidential election, all we need is the whole SS and MB.
2. And who told you about any "un-official arrangement"? How come Atiku didn't succeed OBJ?
3. Igbos are better in PDP, a national party than join a hopeless merger born out of greed and hatred!
4. APGA is not part of your useless merger. Rochas Okorocha is, and he lacks the power to call for a convention. Kid, go and read INEC's guidelines on "mergers".
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by ba7man(m): 7:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
Sometimes I just wish the backward set of Nigerians that belive in "Leadership by Zoning" should all fall down and die off leaving those who belive in "Leadership by merit" to thrive. Then, this nation can truely move ahead.
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2013
slimghost:

Whoever said so is a bloody sycophant! GEJ is not my/our brother but i still support him for obvious reasons. And if i don't see a credible candidate from the opposition come 2015, i will support him again. No Apology
So what's the difference between what i wrote and what you just said? na the same thing na! igbos are not ready to bring out an igbo man for president because GEJ will surely buy his way out from the leaders of the southeast. If other major ethnic groups are being represented for presidential candidates, why would ndi igbo sell out their votes to make OUR BROTHER FROM THE SOUTHSOUTH their presidential candidate? Why? Sorry to say this, AN IGBO MAN CAN NEVER BE PRESIDENT except this country splits. THAT'S THE TRUTH!!!

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by omonnakoda: 7:04pm On Apr 03, 2013
Gen. Orumov:
Nothing!!

Even if they are not fighting Yoruba they still cannot be president . We know it and they know it so why heating up the polity. They cannot even smell Vice President again so let us discuss more relevant things.
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by omonnakoda: 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2013
berem: So what's the difference between what i wrote and what you just said? na the same thing na! igbos are not ready to bring out an igbo man for president because GEJ will surely buy his way out from the leaders of the southeast. If other major ethnic groups are being represented for presidential candidates, why would ndi igbo sell out their votes to make OUR BROTHER FROM THE SOUTHSOUTH their presidential candidate? Why? Sorry to say this, AN IGBO MAN CAN NEVER BE PRESIDENT except this country splits. THAT'S THE TRUTH!!!
Even if the country splits and you have an Ibo republic Ibo still cannot be president undecided

1 Like

Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by Orikinla(m): 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
[size=28pt]So when will it be the turn of Edo people to produce the next President and Head of State of Nigeria?

The Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas think the leadership of Nigeria is their birthright?

Lest we forget, President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan told Igbos during his presidential campaign that he is one of them. So, he is having the turn of Ndigbo.

It should be the turn of the Edo people, Efik or Ibibio and others who are yet to produce the President or head of state of Nigeria. [/size]
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
omonnakoda:
Even if the country splits and you have an Ibo republic Ibo still cannot be president undecided
whoa! This is serious. grin
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by stan241(m): 7:14pm On Apr 03, 2013
can't and won't happen anytime soon....the south east is badly divided....all u'd get is the 5SE states each producing a single candidate
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by dayokanu(m): 7:17pm On Apr 03, 2013
Na turn by turn LOL, Like say we dey queue for fuel at Petrol station
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by Symphony007: 7:25pm On Apr 03, 2013
free2ryhme: Show me a credible ibo leader
i don't know how myopic you're but the man who made the statement is, i mean a former commonwealth secretary general, a man who queen elizabeth called her "friend" and "one of africa's most distinguished gentlemen", a man who guided to the commonwealth from the distructive tendecies of margaret thatcher ans helped the organisation walk the fine line of aparthied. This man epitomises credibility and i hope i've answered your question.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by slimghost(m): 7:26pm On Apr 03, 2013
berem: So what's the difference between what i wrote and what you just said? na the same thing na! igbos are not ready to bring out an igbo man for president because GEJ will surely buy his way out from the leaders of the southeast. If other major ethnic groups are being represented for presidential candidates, why would ndi igbo sell out their votes to make OUR BROTHER FROM THE SOUTHSOUTH their presidential candidate? Why? Sorry to say this, AN IGBO MAN CAN NEVER BE PRESIDENT except this country splits. THAT'S THE TRUTH!!!

Read inbetween the lines dear! PDP remains our best shot because a party headed by Tinubu and Buhari can never hand a presidential ticket to an Igboman! We will surely bid our time, all we need do is be steadfast, have a stance and not running from pillar to post. If we have decided to stick with PDP, lets do it and one day, they will recognize our efforts. The mild drama that played out during the early stages of APC's formation should have told you how the leaders of APC perceive us. A situation where they didn't even bother to consult any APGA chieftain before attempting to drag the whole party into their unholy matrimony. My sister, don't let hatred for GEJ becloud your judgement. ONE LOVE!
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
slimghost:

Read inbetween the lines dear! PDP remains our best shot because a party headed by Tinubu and Buhari can never hand a presidential ticket to an Igboman! We will surely bid our time, all we need do is be steadfast, have a stance and not running from pillar to post. If we have decided to stick with PDP, lets do it and one day, they will recognize our efforts. The mild drama that played out during the early stages of APC's formation should have told you how the leaders of APC perceive us. A situation where they didn't even bother to consult any APGA chieftain before attempting to drag the whole party into their unholy matrimony. My sister, don't let hatred for GEJ becloud your judgement. ONE LOVE!
Now answer my question, do you think an Igbo man will ever become a president from PDP? How possible do you think it's going to be and even if it's gonna happen, how long is it gonna take?
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by slimghost(m): 7:41pm On Apr 03, 2013
berem: Now answer my question, do you think an Igbo man will ever become a president from PDP? How possible do you think it's going to be and even if it's gonna happen, how long is it gonna take?

Why not? Rochas came close the last time he tried! Jumping from one party to another wont help our cause. Trust me, PDP is our surest bet!
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by OurYansh: 7:41pm On Apr 03, 2013
IBOs insult Northerners, and South-Westerners yet they want to rule a country where these two groups are the majority..

The South-South is‎​ Politically irrelevant. Now tell me how you guys intend to win an election with just IBO votes??

You guys are pathetic!!

berem: Now answer my question, do you think an Igbo man will ever become a president from PDP? How possible do you think it's going to be and even if it's gonna happen, how long is it gonna take?

Most PDP heavy weights are from the North and South-West...
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by EkoIle1: 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2013
Based on PDP's rotational rubbish..

OBJ - Yoruba

Yaradua - Hausa

NEXT - Ibo

......................but ibo gave their slot to Jonathan Odeshuku Abdul El Retardeen and even supported their choice with 99% ibo votes.

Ibo folks, like we say all the time, you are your own worst enemy so get back in line.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2013
chino11:

Awoliwo was an ex convict, a coupist and above all he committed suicide out of frustration that he couldn't attain the height reached by great Zik of becoming President of Nigeria in his life time.

So why will an average brave Igbo man fear a mere ex convict. In the history of Nigeria have you seen anybody that had a child and name him awolowa outside yeroba land? But you hear people from other tribes name their children Azikiwe. Just like GEJ's parents named him Azikiwe over 50 years ago.

The name awolowa is synonymous with taboo, nobody wants to identify with it, because he lived a criminal life.
okay then why do u Igbos keep shouting his name.The man must ave caused some serious katakata in u people's history

pheew what a legend
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by vanstanzy(m): 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2013
For those of u who will dispute this fact, it is the undiluted truth. The Igbo man has got to be given a chance to rule this country she shed her blood to get independence for.
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by omonnakoda: 7:56pm On Apr 03, 2013
berem: whoa! This is serious. grin
My dear in your heart of hearts you know this is true. Ibo men never maybe an Ibo woman but the Ibo man simply does not know any way to make people see things from his perspective,apart from offering money. The other thing is the behaviour when at the top or in a position of power; totally devoid of humility. That is a losing formula. Fish will grow wings before the Ibo man learns humility. Show me a humble Ibo man and I will show you a penniless Ibo man.
Re: Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku by vanstanzy(m): 7:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
Our Yansh: Nonsense!!!

Presidency isn't a turn by turn thing, it's something you fight for not something you cry for.

Anyaoku like most IBOs on Nairaland believe the way to the Presidency is‎​ to tie wrapper, sit under a cashew tree and whine, complain and sulk like over fed babies. Keep crying, while others strategise on how to be politically relevant, you hear...

Mumu man!!

angry

SILENCE IS THE BEST ANSWER FOR A FO0L. AND WHAT A GREAT FO0L U ARE!undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arewa/northern Nigeria(heading To 2015) Bb Channel / Breaking News: FG Officially Threatens South Africa Over ‘frozen’ Weapons Deal / thread closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.