Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. (25730 Views)

How To Open And Run A School Successfully / I Need Haulage Companies/managers To Manage My Trucks / Help!:Info required on starting a bakery in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. by bebe2(f): 10:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
Kendumazy:

Very risky. You can talk to this moniker '' Enyinne'' to share her experience with you so as to avoid making any costly mistake. Wish you all the very best.

ok will check that out
tnks
Re: Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. by hajidel: 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
nairamaniac:

Numerous thanx for the compliment.

I learnt more from your response.

Especially with the need to explore virgin market environments, even if its under developed.

Also with you seeing your wholesale buyers as a partner.

Top it all is you as the MD or CEO getting involved with road sales/supplies.

That would get u familiar with the routes which your product pass thru and its final sales-points.

Would also give you an opportunity to meet cross paths with your end sellers/customers.

Doing business anywhere in the world indeed has its own perculiar challenge.

I did that and trust me no amount of money I could pay any worker could’ve given me the results I got from going in to the field personally. I had so much to lose and the workers had ZERO to lose.

What recommendation would you give in terms of transporting bread. The type of vehicle that would be most efficient in the niche market I had mentioned. Like mechanically disadvantage we wouldn’t want to go all pit expensive or overboard with the logistics and moving if the bread.
Re: Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. by CsRockefeller(m): 6:55pm On Jun 13, 2020
bebe2:

well now that I have recovered from that, am preparing to go into transport, hire purchase or balance as carry as they call it.

the plan is get a couple of buses and give it to drivers to balance it with a year and half.

What type of buses? I'm into Haulage and logistics.
Re: Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. by nairamaniac: 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
hajidel:

I did that and trust me no amount of money I could pay any worker could’ve given me the results I got from going in to the field personally. I had so much to lose and the workers had ZERO to lose.

What recommendation would you give in terms of transporting bread. The type of vehicle that would be most efficient in the niche market I had mentioned. Like mechanically disadvantage we wouldn’t want to go all pit expensive or overboard with the logistics and moving if the bread.

Ford bus is the cheapest bus for logistics right now.
Those old Ford buses you can get as Belgium for 800k.

But I suggest you capture your immediate circle first that do not require vehicles to connect with.
Re: Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. by bebe2(f): 11:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
CsRockefeller:

What type of buses? I'm into Haulage and logistics.
small mitsubushi bus for urban transport
Re: Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. by stagger: 11:07pm On Jun 15, 2020
bebe2:
hi NL, i have a bakery in benin city nigeria. it was opened in january and its been run by my sister.
the problem is were are not making a profit.
i spent about 4million setting it up but it has refused to get off the ground.

cost of baking one bag of flour (including other ingredients)according to my calculations is about N11,800.
they are making profit of about N1200 fom each bag after expenses.
this doesnt make sense, i expect to make at least 40% of the cost of making a bag of flour.

we cant even holdon to a baker they come spend 1 month and they are gone.

pls anyone wit experience, can u help wit tips?

Lease the business and facilities out. Let the people leasing it pay you a lump sum every 6 months or every year. Having paid that money, the leasee will do everything in their powers to make it profitable. You can sign a 5-year leasing agreement.

Any other arrangement, especially when it involves relatives, is dead on arrival. You are too far away.

1 Like

Re: Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. by CsRockefeller(m): 11:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
bebe2:

small mitsubushi bus for urban transport

Nice. Route is another factor. If you don't mind we can talk extensively on it.
Re: Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. by bebe2(f): 12:56am On Jun 16, 2020
stagger:

Lease the business and facilities out. Let the people leasing it pay you a lump sum every 6 months or every year. Having paid that money, the leasee will do everything in their powers to make it profitable. You can sign a 5-year leasing agreement.

Any other arrangement, especially when it involves relatives, is dead on arrival. You are too far away.

that would have been impossible as the bakery was in our compound.

its over sha, they can do wat they want with the building.
Re: Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. by bebe2(f): 12:58am On Jun 16, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Nice. Route is another factor. If you don't mind we can talk extensively on it.

since its higher purchase don't think i will be dictating the route for the driver.

i will probably be in the ikotun area , cos that the area he lives
Re: Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. by CsRockefeller(m): 4:15am On Jun 16, 2020
bebe2:

since its higher purchase don't think i will be dictating the route for the driver.

i will probably be in the ikotun area , cos that the area he lives

Ikotun? Not a bad place though, I'm not too familiar with the human traffic there. One thing is that you don't want the bus far away from you.

Don't know of now, but at least from Tinubu till Fashola's time, once you register with the ministry of transport, you are given a specific route.
Re: Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. by bebe2(f): 1:30am On Jun 17, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Ikotun? Not a bad place though, I'm not too familiar with the human traffic there. One thing is that you don't want the bus far away from you.

Don't know of now, but at least from Tinubu till Fashola's time, once you register with the ministry of transport, you are given a specific route.
oh really? didn't know dat,
naija sha, so u can live in Ikorodu and they give u a route in badagry,

I will speak to the driver, am having cold feet sha.
if I invest 1.3m , it will take a year and 5months for me to make the money back and make a profit of 500-600k, is it worth the troubles?

1 Like

Re: Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. by CsRockefeller(m): 5:11am On Jun 17, 2020
bebe2:
oh really? didn't know dat,
naija sha, so u can live in Ikorodu and they give u a route in badagry,

I will speak to the driver, am having cold feet sha.
if I invest 1.3m , it will take a year and 5months for me to make the money back and make a profit of 500-600k, is it worth the troubles?

The routes will be chosen by the driver.

Let me be sincere with you, I don't have first hand information but I've heard from credible sources that the state government is planning a phased removal of these buses like they recently did with Keke Marwa.

Ambode bought lots of buses (high capacity and low capacity). The high capacity (about 300) has already been rolled out, rumor has it that the small capacity will be rolled out this year.

One thing I'm certain is that these buses are already on ground, where they are and when they plan to roll them out? I don't know.

Seeing what they did to Gokada, Keke and even Uber, I will advice that you make more consultations before proceeding so that you don't make heavy loss in such a short period.

Re: Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. by caxxy: 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
Please I want to start a betting shop business in my location, I just realized its lacking in my area and everyone from teenager to adult both male and females indulge in betting but the problem am encountering is capital,please I need a loan to start up this as I am tired of waiting to be employed by government or any company for that matter, I am resident in minna, Niger state I would give further info or briefing to anyone who can help please
My number is 08148421758
Re: Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. by bebe2(f): 5:39pm On Jun 21, 2020
CsRockefeller:

The routes will be chosen by the driver.

Let me be sincere with you, I don't have first hand information but I've heard from credible sources that the state government is planning a phased removal of these buses like they recently did with Keke Marwa.

Ambode bought lots of buses (high capacity and low capacity). The high capacity (about 300) has already been rolled out, rumor has it that the small capacity will be rolled out this year.

One thing I'm certain is that these buses are already on ground, where they are and when they plan to roll them out? I don't know.

Seeing what they did to Gokada, Keke and even Uber, I will advice that you make more consultations before proceeding so that you don't make heavy loss in such a short period.

I heard dat before,thats why am getting cold feet
have to look for another business then
Re: Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. by CsRockefeller(m): 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2020
bebe2:

I heard dat before,thats why am getting cold feet
have to look for another business then

Yes ma'am as we spoke earlier, the little feasibility study I've done shows it's not worth the risk.

Thank God you haven't bought it yet, another biz idea will be better.

Trading is what we do best as Nigerians, you should be looking towards that side.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? / Checkout Today's Naira Exchange Rate / CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.