Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA (1230 Views)

“prepare For Nuclear War” Russia Warns Citizens As US Tanks Flood Into Europe / Israel Distribute Gas Mask In Preparation For America Attack On Syria / North Korean Army Claims It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 03, 2013
BREAKING: North Korea army says it has final approval for nuclear attack on United States, reports Dow Jones.

Do you think North Korea is crying wolf?

https://plus.google.com/+CNBC/posts/RjGTwQ7qgy2

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?play=1&video=3000158018

TRANSCRIPT OF VIDEO:more saber rattling from north korea, but the u.s. seems to be taking it very seriously this time, deploying f-22 stealth fighters to participate in military drills in south korea. late today, the u.s. navy confirmed it's moving a guided missile destroyer to the region, as well. just how serious is the north korea threat? our affiliate joins us live from seoul, south korea, she has the very latest. sherry? reporter: hi, michelle. i don't think it's anything to play down these north korean threats of violence. but at the same time, when they come out of north korea almost on a daily basis, it certainly takes away the effect of these threats. over here in south korea, it's business as usual. even at the interkorean industrial complex that north korea threatened to shut down over the weekend despite north korea's recent threats to throw out the interkorean agreement, turning washington into a sea of fire and attack u.s. bases, even the ones in the mainland.

but at this point, the south korean military is not ruling out the high chance of a north korean provocation like we've seen over the past years. michelle? what's the assessment there about why kim jong-un is doing this? is this simply so he looks tough in front of his people? because he's such a young regent so to speak? or is he trying to get more age out of china? well, certainly at this point with the young leader who took power just less than a year and a half ago doing this, some north korea watchers are actually saying the backdrop of all of this tough talk is more important than the threats themselves. has he consolidated enough power? why does he feel the need to quiet down the complaints at home and make enemies abroad? these are some of the questions that we need to be asking ourselves. but, of course, it's very difficult to know the answers to these questions because north korea is one of the most secretive regimes in the world. yeah, completely opaque. thank you. chery. north korea, the tinderbox is about to explode,

joining me now is retired army general, nbc military analyst barry mccaffrey and peter brooks. thanks so much for joining us. general mccaffrey, how serious is this situation with north korea? it's so easy to get --

we've been listening to him, his father, his grandfather for decades now, it sounds the same after a while. is it different this time? well, i think it'd be irresponsible of us not to take him seriously. we've got to remind ourselves, things have changed. they probably have as many as a dozen nuclear weapons. and in my judgmithin a year or so, they'll be able to fire an intermediate range missile with a nuke on it. we've got to remind ourlves, in the '90s,y killed, murders, starved to death 2 millof their own peoe. i think they are a threat. they've got 70-something odd submarines. i think this time, most impressive thing i've seen, secretary hagel saying we're starting reinvestment in ballistic missile defense. are they a threat to the united states? and the reason i ask, there have been these pictures of kim jong-un standing in front of maps which outline an attack to the united states. that map is interesting too. it's laughable. it's so easy to discount these. that map had direct line of sight firings on austin, texas. right. you know, obviously the guy that put it together didn't understand you fire the great circle routes. to some extent, these are armed 10-year-olds, but they do have nukes, they do have a massive artillery for us. they could immediately start attacking seoul, korea. again, we better think through this and within a decade, we'll be undoubtedly be facing a nuclear armed north korea with weapons. what do you think we should do here? obviously we should take it seriously, but to what extent do you believe them? how much of this is just saber rattling? and what should we do here? well, i mean as i've often said, well, north korea carries out its threats except when it doesn't. you have to take it seriously. the real challenge here is misperception and miscalculation. they have to do something. probably not an attack on the united states. they may do something against south korea, remember a few years ago, michelle, 2010, they sunk a south korean warship with a north korean mini sub. they shelled an island and hatched a plot to assassinate the defense minister. the south korean government at the time was criticized for not doing enough in the face of these provocations. what happens? how do you control escalations if north korea does something? if they don't do something at some level, the threats mean nothing. and once again as you noted earlier on -- but a nuclear strike on south korea, the minute he does that, he's lost all leverage, right? i mean right now he has leverage because he has the threat, the minute he executes, he's got nothing left. i don't think he's going to unleash a nuclear attack on south korea, but he could do something at a lower level. he could attack, you know, another warship, something along that northern limit line. there are disputed areas to the west and the sea there. i think those are possibilities. the problem is how does south korea and the united states respond to that? and then what happens? you could have an escalation. you have to be very, very careful here because things can quickly spin out of control and then you've got a situation with potentially dire consequences.

is this young kid who is just scared to death and needs to show the military or everybody in his country that he's really in charge, general mccaffrey? well, there's some argument that his stability in office is weak. it's an army that probably taken 25% of thegdp of the nation and putting in a defense. i think there's a good argument he's not quite sure he can maintain the family dynasty. of course he comes from, you know, his dad was a sociopath, literally 250,000 people in concentration camps. we were hopeful we'd see a more logical regime. doesn't look like that's going to be the outcome. no, the leaf hasn't fallen far from the tree, that's clear. thank you so much. barry mccaffrey joining us and peter brooks.

Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Beaf1: 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2013
^^
Is that a carpet? Don't tell me they are human.
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by OmoTier1(m): 10:40pm On Apr 03, 2013
Beaf!:
^^
That's a nation with over 1million foot soldiers. If they nuke US, that would be the beginning of a never ending war.... I think the US have under estimated North Korea's capability and I smell these rogu northern eras will waste a few on the South before Americans shout Nobama cheesy
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by THEPOLY11: 11:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
Just confirmed it now from A/zeera , lets pray for our motherland , this world is going to an end.....
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 03, 2013
Beaf!:
^^
No i dont think so, they are all soldiers. I am guessing they are forming different colors which signifies their rank, or prolly a new body/air force and stuffs like that. just taking a wild guess
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 03, 2013
THEPOLY11: Just confirmed it now from A/zeera , lets pray for our motherland , this world is going to an end.....
our motherland? lol u live in north/korea, south/korea or America? if then yeah u should start praying o, but the world survived WW1, WW2, COLD WAR, it will survive 111 if it happens
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Lanrefahm(m): 11:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
is time for the power to shift back to asia continent just like as usa collected it from russia, kill by the sword die by the sword. when usa bomb hiroshima and when isrealites kill philipines for dem land nobody term dat as terrorist. we shall see wot dey will call north koreans

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
That's a nation with over 1million foot soldiers. If they nuke US, that would be the beginning of a never ending war.... I think the US have under estimated North Korea's capability and I smell these rogu northern eras will waste a few on the South before Americans shout Nobama cheesy
. My man! Forget long talk, in 2months North Korea would be annihilated by USA.2months is even big
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hmm...

Kinda nervous.
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 03, 2013
chiover: . My man! Forget long talk, in 2months North Korea would be annihilated by USA.2months is even big
2 months? No men, if this stuffs drag out for long, we will have a long war on our hands. Allies will join in, Remember this was how Hitler started, ALLIES. lets hope there is no war
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by inspirenet: 11:19pm On Apr 03, 2013
hmmmm

undecided
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Lanrefahm(m): 11:20pm On Apr 03, 2013
chiover: . My man! Forget long talk, in 2months North Korea would be annihilated by USA.2months is even big

u must be a learner u think say na two day USA and NK dey fight guy she don tey wey dem dey fight o o o and dem never do NK strong thing @ all every body for NK na soldier guy go watch as dem dey train u no go know say USA don finish 4 NK side

NK go comot USA from world map kpatakpata
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
Stop the Arguements..

lets wait & enjoy the show
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2013
Lol....got a strong urge to fly out the country now. undecided

I know this nuclear threat has been long on-going but something about this reminds me about the boy who cried wolf.
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by alaoeri: 11:38pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hope this won't affect visa lottery because the result 'll soon be out.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by HAH: 11:46pm On Apr 03, 2013
I hope the north koreans will teach the american a bitter lesson.

World super power my foot

Go korea let the film begin.
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Pygru: 12:02am On Apr 04, 2013
There will definately be a victor and also a vanquished
grin
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by HAH: 12:09am On Apr 04, 2013
alaoeri: Hope this won't affect visa lottery because the result 'll soon be out.

Slave mentality

Abi you wan go america and become the guinea pig for nuclear test
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 04, 2013
How will dis war affect africa in genral and naija in particular pls?
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 04, 2013

2 months? Too much Hollywood movies!
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Ngwakwe: 12:41am On Apr 04, 2013
USA will send them to Hell as a matter of National defence.

Days of military occupation are over, the formula has changed, no more Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan system anymore.

Just like Arabs / Israeli war. The Objectives are bomb your opponent back to stone age and render their military impotent.

Meet the above objectives as quick as possible and declare victory or wait for UN to enforce cease fire.
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Feedmemore(f): 5:37am On Apr 04, 2013
When you reward bad behavior with aid and financial assistance you get more and more bad behavior. It was, and is a poor foreign policy and the cycle must be broken. Time will not make it easier. Appeasement is no longer a option.
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by leslieu63(m): 6:53am On Apr 04, 2013
War is necessary to bring about transformation of an economy , is also a important ingredient of evolution and change. The world has been to dull time to make it lively again.
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by Chimezie198(m): 8:47am On Apr 04, 2013
*in onitcha voice *

Flont page pls...
Re: BREAKING: North Korea Army Says It Has Final Approval For Nuclear Attack On USA by leslieu63(m): 9:05am On Apr 04, 2013
Yeah front page pls......... In tonto dike voice

(1) (Reply)

Barack Obama Calls His Wife Michelle Michael Twice (video) / Winne Mandela Buried: See Photos From Winnie Mandela’s Funeral / U.S. Military Personnel Comfort Infants In Kabul, Afghanistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.