Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,660 members, 7,813,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund (13442 Views)

Alleged N5bn Bribe: INEC Boss Says His Life Is In Danger / APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds / Mob Beat Up INEC Driver For ‘Diverting’ Election Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by cecegorz(m): 11:40am On Apr 04, 2013
It's been an open secret right from inception that Obi is the major shareholder in the Sabmiller co.
I believe the suit is in order, let CAC be compelled to make public the MEMART documentations, showing the definite holdings of Anambra state govt, and that of Peter Obi as an individual if any.
I just hope that immunity clause will not swallow this suit.
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by ewet: 11:43am On Apr 04, 2013
Innocent until proven guilty lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by ibraivory: 12:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
Abeg,no nid 2 drag him 2 court. Justice must prevail. If Anambra pple don agree 4 death penalty 4 corrupt politians,mk dem do am sharp sharp as 1st example 4 9ja.
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:08pm On Apr 04, 2013
Hahahaha! This law suit is only good for the garbage. Attention seeking LOSERS!
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
NA wa ooh.. 5billion naira State Fund.. I cant even boast of 10,000 naira in my account.. Its no wonder i refused to go home . I m from Anambra state.. Lets see what he will do with all that cash when death comes knocking
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by alexchiny: 1:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cheesy cheesy cheesy. Stupid lies. Even Obi's haters know the man is running a fiscal responsible government. Anyway, thank God he invested the "loot" back into the state. ndi ara
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by onymodel(m): 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
i shopped in Next...few days ago, in learnt he is the owner...the place iis wooow....best in Abuja for now.
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by stantob(m): 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2013
Abagworo: IMHO if all Nigerian politicians invested their loots at home, we wouldn't be this poor.
Very correct.Kudos man.You can't be more correct.
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by alexchiny: 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2013
onymodel: i shopped in Next...few days ago, in learnt he is the owner...the place iis wooow....best in Abuja for now.

Peter Obi was a billionaire even before he became a Governor. do your research bro! thanks

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by dollydolly(f): 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2013
onymodel: i shopped in Next...few days ago, in learnt he is the owner...the place iis wooow....best in Abuja for now.
Abuja? Seriously! Are u 4 real at all?
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by ojeffo: 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2013
Mr. Globe:

you have been peddling this your rural dwellers story from one thread to another. Can you kindly tell us what Peter obi has achieved in the rural areas?
My dear friend,pls try and visit Anambra and take a tour of all d local govts and then come back here and write..It is not d type of work they do in UYO and BENIN like d biblical case of THE PAINTED SEPULCHRE!.. PETER IS TOUCHING THE WHOLE STATE QED!!!!!!!!!! It is not flashy but it is working and comfortable

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by Policewoman(f): 1:21pm On Apr 04, 2013
sammy329: ABUJA — Former member of the House of Representatives, Mr. Chudi Offodile, has dragged Anambra State government before a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, alleging that a company owned by the family of Governor Peter Obi was used to divert about N5billion from the state treasury.

The plaintiff, who listed the said company, Next International Limited and six others as defendants in the matter, further maintained that part of the siphoned funds were used by the governor to establish Sabmiller Breweries situated in Onitsha.

Other defendants in the matter are Intafact Beverages Limited, Sabmiller Nigeria Holdings BV, Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

In the suit which he filed through his counsel, Mr. Patrick Ikwueto, SAN, Offodile, was, among other things, seeking a declaration that the brewery (Intafact Brewery) established by the first defendant, Intafact Beverages Limited, is a
bon afide property of and wholly belongs to the government of Anambra State.

He equally prayed the court for an order directing the 1st, 2nd and 3rd defendants to render full and complete account of the operation including the costs of the establishment of the brewery, opened with monies belonging to the government of Anambra State and known as Intafact Brewery, Onitsha Anambra State.

Besides, Offodile, further asked the court for an order directing the 5th defendant (Corporate Affairs Commission) to rectify the records of the 1st defendant by removing the names of the 2nd and 3rd defendants as the shareholders/directors of the 1stdefendant.

In what he termed as the particulars of the alleged fraud, Offodile averred that as at April 12, 2011, the 1st defendant did not have 300 shares of N100, 000 each purportedly allotted and as represented by the written resolution of the Board of Directors of Intafact Beverages Limited dated April 12, 2012.

Offodile further stated that “at the Commissioning of the Brewery, His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Anambra State openly stated that the value of the investment by the government of Anambra State in the Brewery is in excess of N2billion.”
I
The matter has been assigned to Justice M.L.Mohammed of the high court who has fixed April 30 for hearing.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/governor-obi-sued-over-alleged-diversion-of-n5bn-state-fund/
Mr Chudi Ofodile is a well known troublemaker and rabble rouser. He has no case as far as I'm concerned.
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by badesco(m): 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2013
So no saint in Nigeria again,so stealing public funds is everybody's hobby
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by alexchiny: 1:48pm On Apr 04, 2013
ojeffo:
My dear friend,pls try and visit Anambra and take a tour of all d local govts and then come back here and write..It is not d type of work they do in UYO and BENIN like d biblical case of THE PAINTED SEPULCHRE!.. PETER IS TOUCHING THE WHOLE STATE QED!!!!!!!!!! It is not flashy but it is working and comfortable

God will bless you for that! TRUTH IS LIFE! No amount of propaganda can take away the credit Obi deserves! For God's sake, all the LGA's are getting enormous attention at the same time. We dont need a flashy government that paints urban roads, we need someone that that touches all sectors at the same time and Peter Obi is the man! EOD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by IGBOSON1: 3:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
ojeffo:

^^^Mr.Globe, from the little i know of you, i know this answer given by Ojeffo will annoy you the more! grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by Hilary261: 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2013
DonTonero: if all governors have been stealing our money and using it to build their own company here in Nigeria,unemployment wont be this high..if the claim is true about peter obi well its bad but kudos to him for building the said factories in Anambra haters should try river Niger.
Our youths are the most docile in the world. They are short-sighted. Look at the the post quoted above.
This young man is clearly encouraging politicians to perpetuate his poverty.
My friend open your eyes. ...they are playing with your mind! ! Nigerian youths, it's time for action.
In Anambra; we won't test a new man for governor....we shall not be decieved again.
Obi acted a gentle and humble man until he grabbed power. Stingy and spendthrift.
We give up to Ngige, Who has prooved his guts as a true leader.
All PROFIT-MAX-KINDA-PEOPLE can't make good leaders.
#Wake up Nigerian Youths #Don't be fooled again!
God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by asha80(m): 3:32pm On Apr 04, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Mr.Globe, from the little i know of you, i know this answer given by Ojeffo will annoy you the more! grin grin grin
the guy is actually from edo.
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by alexchiny: 3:36pm On Apr 04, 2013
Hilary 26:
Our youths are the most docile in the world. They are short-sighted. Look at the the post quoted above.
My friend open your eyes. ...they are playing with your mind! ! Nigerian youths, it's time for action.
In Anambra; we won't test a new man for governor....we shall not be decieved again.
Obi acted a gentle and humble man until he grabbed power. Stingy and spendthrift.
God bless Nigeria!

Shut up! You know nothing about Anambra politics, so i say shut it! clown

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by Myluv1: 3:48pm On Apr 04, 2013
asha 80: tell the rural dwellers in the state that.

Are you minding him.. Save your energy replying the ignorant dude

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by nerodenero: 4:12pm On Apr 04, 2013
Ozonna:

Akuko na Egwu Mike Ejiagha grin.

Even if he has stolen over 100 billion, He will not be found guilty. That Man is too a big fish to be caught by a little boys hook. I'm not his fan, i must confess that he's too street smart.

Meanwhile, Try a bottle of HERO today and your life will never remain the same. You will be Stronger than Superman, smarter than Batman, more ability to spray webs than spydaman and save the world 10 times more than BEN 10 ever did.
In fact, you will be a real life HERO cheesy. Be a HERO for only 150 a bottle
Were you paid to advertise Ogbeni Obi's beer?
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by Myluv1: 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
Hilary 26:
God bless Nigeria!

Quit talking bollocks my friend. I see you gained from the big time embezzlement and over-bloated expenses that was the bane during Dr. Ngige's tenure. People like you are the reason a corrupt free Nigeria seems like a mirage. Smh

"Liberalism, if stopped, can cause those who one governs to believe that they are now stingy.
Liberality is most dangerous for those already in
power" - Machiavelli.

The French Revolution, some would argue, started because of this scenario. When the
French government got into outstanding debt the aristocracy turned to the people to bail them out.
When the people were reluctant to this
agreement with the noble classes, the middle
class pleaded its case for economic reforms to
help the government. When their requests were
met, the people revolted. People live in the
present and do not look to the past very well.

Machiavelli concludes that leaders must start out stingy and work their liberality to their advantage.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by chino11(m): 4:25pm On Apr 04, 2013
Am on my way to grab a bottle of HERO drink. grin grin

SABMILLER drinks are spreading like a wild fire in the East, SS and and all over the nation. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by chimauga(m): 4:28pm On Apr 04, 2013
val_dubem: Abeg waiter, weterem One Bottle of Hero.

Ndi Ara!
it is called OOOMMMPA not hero
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by GalaxyNoteII: 4:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
Billion? embarassed

All these convicts sha
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by jowizee(m): 6:13pm On Apr 04, 2013
Ozonna:

Even if he has stolen over 100 billion, He will not be found guilty. That Man is too a big fish to be caught by a little boys hook. I'm not his fan, i must confess that he's too street smart.

Meanwhile, Try a bottle of HERO today and your life will never remain the same. You will be Stronger than Superman, smarter than Batman, more ability to spray webs than spydaman and save the world 10 times more than BEN 10 ever did.

with only 150, sleep here (________) wen ur done
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by Digriz(m): 6:20pm On Apr 04, 2013
This must be the handwork of nigeria breweries,does anyone drink star and gulder in Anambra anymore.
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by DAMIGHT(m): 8:36pm On Apr 04, 2013
PLEASE WHERE DEM DEY STEAL D MONEY ,,,Show me D place ..-Its seem MOney No dey finish for dia
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by Charoh: 9:28pm On Apr 04, 2013
Ozonna:

bia nwokem keep qiet dia
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by topazjosh(m): 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
Ozonna:

atleast the money is still bn used in creating employment within the same state.
Re: Peter Obi Sued For Diverting N5bn State Fund by danniekute(m): 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
ds Offodile no get hand work ooo.he wants to b known,last time juges almost contributed slap for him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Namadi Sambo The Best Vice-President Nigeria Has Produced So Far? / Rigging Alert: INEC Trainees In S/east Complain Of Malfunctioning Card Readers / Lauretta Onochie Asks EFCC, ICPC To Probe FFK Over N2bn Missing Aviation Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.