Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

List Of All Unhealthy Foods/drinks And Quantities. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / List Of All Unhealthy Foods/drinks And Quantities. (3927 Views)

Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. / Stop Taking Drugs With Soft Drinks, Expert warns / How Unhealthy Is Eating Late? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of All Unhealthy Foods/drinks And Quantities. by Blackteeth(m): 10:47am On Apr 04, 2013
I hate it when am eating or drinking something and someone tells me the food or the quantity I am taking is unhealthy. I think about the long period I have been taking the food and I never realized that I have been damaging my system all the while.
For example I took 4 eggs on a certain day and someone said its unhealthy. Just as I thought that was the unhealthy food I was taking, a friend saw me consume 3 cans of fanta softdrink and he said am consuming excess sugar which is unhealthy. This implies that there may be other foods or drinks that I am currently taking that are damging my system which I am not aware of.
Please I need you guys to help contribute and populate this thread with all the foods and drinks that are unhealthy to take and their quantities, so that I can be informed and therefore avoid taking them to stop damaging my system.
Re: List Of All Unhealthy Foods/drinks And Quantities. by Blackteeth(m): 12:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
I would have used google but I realized that what I would find are foreign foods and drinks which I dont consume. I want it confined to our local foods.
Re: List Of All Unhealthy Foods/drinks And Quantities. by Pink22(f): 3:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
All soft /carbonated drinks, refined sugars like those found in sweets and candies, too much unhealthy carbs like p/yam, eba,fufu, semo, spaghetti, indomie etc
fast foods, e.g. Meatpie, doughnuts,puffpuff, chinchin, egg rolls etc
go for undefined foods like ofada rice, wheat, replace sugar with brown sugar or honey, take lots of veggies and fruits.
Hope this helped
Re: List Of All Unhealthy Foods/drinks And Quantities. by Blackteeth(m): 7:23am On Apr 06, 2013
Pink22: All soft /carbonated drinks, refined sugars like those found in sweets and candies, too much unhealthy carbs like p/yam, eba,fufu, semo, spaghetti, indomie etc
fast foods, e.g. Meatpie, doughnuts,puffpuff, chinchin, egg rolls etc
go for undefined foods like ofada rice, wheat, replace sugar with brown sugar or honey, take lots of veggies and fruits.
Hope this helped

Yes it helped. Thanks for the infomation cos I consume too much indomie too.
Most people eat eba everyday. Is the frequency not high? What will frequent eating of eba cause to the body?
Re: List Of All Unhealthy Foods/drinks And Quantities. by Pink22(f): 9:34am On Apr 06, 2013
That will be too much unhealthy carbs which will be converted to sugars and also stored as fats.
Re: List Of All Unhealthy Foods/drinks And Quantities. by plendil: 9:24am On Apr 07, 2013
Blackteeth:
Most people eat eba everyday. Is the frequency not high? What will frequent eating of eba cause to the body?

As long as physical activity can burn those calories consumed, there shouldn't be too much problem. Issues of unhealthy diet arise when consumption of food - especially carbs - is far greater than the energy output. The excess is then stored and fat which could be dangerous.
Re: List Of All Unhealthy Foods/drinks And Quantities. by Miraclebaby1109: 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2013
U are very correct

As long as physical activity can burn those calories consumed, there shouldn't be too much problem. Issues of unhealthy diet arise when consumption of food - especially carbs - is far greater than the energy output. The excess is then stored and fat which could be dangerous.[/quote]
Re: List Of All Unhealthy Foods/drinks And Quantities. by jaytime(m): 1:56am On Jul 11, 2013
Blackteeth:
Stomach acidity and associated ailments.

(1) (Reply)

Men's Health/ Prostate Enlargement, Erectile Dysfunction And Infertility Etc. / Scopes Of Practice And Duties Of Dental Therapist In Relation To Dentist / Cure Ulcer Fast Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.