Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty (27490 Views)

Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation / Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran / Should FG Grant Boko-Haram Amnesty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by KnowAll(m): 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2013
Is that why killing of innocent people by boko haram must continue? Do you know the number of innocent people that die daily?

Over three years now, have we been able to stop boko haram killing of police, soldier and civilians?

Stop reasoning like a villager.

[size=16pt]A war of attrition is a war of attrition. Collateral damage is bound to happen, the terrorist organisation would sooner rather than later run out of would be suicide bombers. But given them a reprieve to re-organise and strengthen themselves should be a No-No by any wise Government, it will mean all the gain of the past few years would have being for nothing. All the intelligence gathering and operational burst up of terrorist cell network would have being in vain.

If Jonathan want to go down this inglorious route of amnesty he should just resign quietly, because the stance he is taken now is at variance with his earlier view that they(the FG) cannot negotiate with Ghost[/size].
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by tomakint: 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2013
Policewoman: Dog seller, do you have a Chihuahua?
Why Chihuahua (that extremely ugly little dog) why not a cute poodle wink wink
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by Joeadamu86: 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
At least we have a president that listens..i prefer him than someone who is arrogant and always adamant. All we are praying for is for the evil sect Boko Haram to truly repent and stop killing innocent people,we want our dear country to grow and remain stable in all ramifications..
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by frankgreat(m): 3:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
I see coup invoke!!! Military men go vex take over govt o
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by ifefemi(m): 3:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
I'm so ashamed to be a called a 'Nigerian'! And it's even more saddening that some (insane) people would still vote for the weakling called Jonathan if he 'decides' to contest in 2015.
Granting Amnesty would not have been a bad idea, but the President has just messed up everything. He should have come on his knees earlier when BH started the bombing and killings & didn't have as much guts. If he tries it now, it'll just be a waste of resources! - Guys that can blow themselves up just to kill others Please don't compare them with Niger Delta militants.
.....& God bless OBJ; that's the kind of leader (decisive) Nigeria needs @ this time
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by eggheaders(m): 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
tomakint:
U don start again with your incoherent verbal jargons when the likes of Ejine, Movingcoil (Walahi I like this guy grin), graetio, FreeGlobe, Mr Globe, and others too numerous to mention descend on you now, the next thing na to go and peep as if Nairaland na 'Peep-show' grin grin Airhead, how far aburo?

hey were alaso.bring all your comrade in stupidity on am gonna exterminate y'all for charity in micro seconds.please I need to settle scores with that simpletons movingecoli.the effing spambots gave him a field day for is shyte spewing the other day.bring on all your demented low life nitwits.movingecoli that you are praising is a semi illiterate like you that think upscale part of town means northern rt of a town.wahali the guy dumb pass my boxers.and to you tomfoolery hope you are having a nice time at your duty post under gej groin.keep the place clean till lame returns from germany.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by kettykin: 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
greaterlove:
dont you think america will want to negotiate if a group of evangelicals in america become militarized and are bombing govermnent institutions because of something like gay marriage/praying in public schools etc? Al qada are not americans, boko haram is within us.

First the group of Evangelicals are not secluded to a portion of America say East Coast or West Coast and the Group of Evangelicals if actually involved in bombing other Americans and killing American soldiers in connivance with other foreign groups would have resulted in a break up of the United states unlike Nigeria where those who are not happy do not want to opt out and they don't want those they are unhappy with to opt out. of recent we are all aware of how some states wanted to opt out of united states over unfavorable election results , and by 2014 the people of Scotland rather than pick up arm and bombs to fight England and wales are rather warming up to vote in a referendum that will finally split United Kingdom.

Boko haram should have opted for a referendum and now embark on terrorism
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by Umunede(m): 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
GEJ is already doing calculations for 2015
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by dbride: 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2013
ndu_chucks:

shatap dia!! Do you think Nigerians from certain regions are better than those from other regions in the eyes of God? For your information, the Northerners have suffered more casualties than you people from BH bombs, in addition to being victims of indiscriminate killings by JTF. You should be outraged by the killing of any innocent Nigerian regardless of his/her state or region of origin. Your problem is that you still look at Northerners as inferior to you and you believe that your people are more special. I say shame on you for that! olodo

Wrong sir!! The President swore an oath to defend Nigerians against all enemies. The army officers take orders from their civilian commander-in-chief. Don't get it twisted.

Intellectual Midget ka obu. Ewu can beer

half baked nitwit
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by akinolasam: 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
Nigerians should wait for more BITTER PILLS from this religious terrorist group.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by eggheaders(m): 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
daylae:

the SSS will visit you soon for this shocked

ain't scared waiting patiently for there visit.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by Onlytruth(m): 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2013
There are tonnes of reasons why an amnesty to Boko Haram is a bad idea. There are political, moral/ethical, spiritual, strategic, cultural, and even religious reasons why such an amnesty would seal the fate of the Nigerian nation. The ramifications are too diverse to even discuss here. The most important of them is that the president has basically abdicated his job as the Commander in Chief, whose job is to defend Nigerians using the armed forces of the nation.
Short of an IMMEDIATE serious denial from the presidency over this ill-advised move, the president may have sealed his name in history.

I always advice my friends (Ndigbo mainly) to always look at themselves as their enemy looks at them. Step into your enemy's shoes and look at yourself Mr President. I bet you that they do not see a "good man". They see a weak man. Nigeria can never be led by a weak president because of the very nature of the Nigerian nation.

It is trite to say that you will lose the most important support you would need to even complete your term. Your enemies may have cornered you badly. And they did so because you failed to be strong ab initio.

Well, I wish you good luck. cool
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by nduchucks: 4:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
Onlytruth:
Short of an IMMEDIATE serious denial from the presidency over this ill-advised move, the president may have sealed his name in history.

Wow Eze Gburugburu, you must be a prophet. Here's is a 7-page denial.

Hope you are happy now and please don't be lazy, read every page. dolo
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by toluene12: 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
Hmm, interesting.
so, when is assad going to offer amnesty to the syrian liberation army? or is syrian case different.
algeria crushed her terrorists
mali crushed her terrorists
when mubarak held sway in egypt, he had ZERO tolerance for the muslim brotherhood
indonesia and malaysia have no patience for cross border terrorists, any act of terror is met with brutal force
somalians are seeking external help to rid the country of terrorists
Assad has vowed to kill all terrorists in his country.
here in Nigeria, our government wants to give more money to terrorists.
Give them money to do what? purchase better weaponry and explosives to reinforce their armoury.
what about compensation to the families of thousands of victims killed by boko haram, nobody has said anything about that.

SAY NO TO AMNESTY

1 Like

Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by babakaka(m): 4:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
ndu_chucks:

The faceless and supposedly outraged military chiefs are cowards and unfit to be military chiefs. You don't go around acting like politicians when you are supposed to be professional soldiers. As soon as they are identified, they should be relieved of their offices and possibly court marshaled. Their wings must be cut before they start believing that they can fly.

If you are in the military, you are trained not to be emotional like Dan Daudus,or offended by the actions of your superiors. You take orders and say Yes Sir and shut up!! That is what you are trained to do.
guy e be like say u no dey use ur head...look at the nonsense ur writin..have you ever lost ur loved ones tru BH bombin,I guess NO..if you have,you will not be thinking this way
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by alex101(m): 4:56pm On Apr 05, 2013
If the president go ahead and grant this amnesty to the northern nigerian islamic terrorist group a.k.a boko haram, then GEJ has just consolidated on the notion that politics is about permanent interest(s), and not permanent friend(s). Ndigbo must now channel their support to themselves, by floating a presidential candidate in an Igbo party. QED!

1 Like

Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by toluene12: 5:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
greaterlove:
dont you think america will want to negotiate if a group of evangelicals in america become militarized and are bombing govermnent institutions because of something like gay marriage/praying in public schools etc? Al qada are not americans, boko haram is within us.
common stop that, google Timothy McVeigh and david koresh

SAY NO TO AMNESTY
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by alex101(m): 5:06pm On Apr 05, 2013
To my discerning Igbo peeps, this is to inform y'all that the dungeon called "one-nigeria" is for the evil doers and barbarians,,,a place where murderers are constantly rewarded. The ball now is in the court of "one-nigerianists" of Igbo extraction. If you must encourage Ndigbo to embrace "one-nigeria" and it's attendant evil, then you must encourage them to bear arms, for their survival. Anything short of this is suicidal.

1 Like

Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by kabaka1: 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2013
It's pretty obvious now that Jonathan is a very confused leader now undecided and is now begging 4 someone 2 relinquish him of his tough duty grin of which we all can see now that he's not d right man 4 this job.
Well, 2015 is getting closer, so he shouldn't worry for relief any longer
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by zaboy: 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
The military chiefs are just not happy because it means end of security votes. Common sense is that if plan A is not working, you go for plan B...The military option has failed so far, its time he tries another option
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by ChrisGnarly: 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
he will and must also grant amnesty to all d family and those that ve lst their lives and properties oooo or els. infact this might bring dis forcefull marriage to an end, i just pray so cos i dont think that there will be a 2015
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2013
amnesty my foot...have anyone ever wondered why Aboki keeps stockpiling weapons-including cutlasses, daggers, IEDS, bombs, grenade launchers, assorted guns? your guess is as good as mine...its an excellent case of "running where no one pursueth". these terrorists are evil, they no mean good for the country, they are a "hazardous bunch of killjoys". they must be isolated from the population and exterminated at all cost. and now GEJ is acting more like a political amoeba.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by naptu2: 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2013
Example.

Martina Anderson was a member of the IRA. When she was 18 she was arrested as she left a furniture store and charged with possession of a firearm and causing an explosion. She was released on bail after spending two months in prison. She escaped across the border to the Republic of Ireland.

Years later she was arrested again, after she was found with 4 notorious IRA militants in a flat in Scotland. They were charged with conspiring to cause (another) explosion. She was sentenced to life imprisonment.

She was released in 1998, under the terms of the Good Friday agreement that brought peace to Northern Ireland (part of the conditions of her amnesty was that she had to renounce violence).

She is now a member of the European Parliament.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by Chubhie: 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
alex101: To my discerning Igbo peeps, this is to inform y'all that the dungeon called "one-nigeria" is for the evil doers and barbarians,,,a place where murderers are constantly rewarded. The ball now is in the court of "one-nigerianists" of Igbo extraction. If you must encourage Ndigbo to embrace "one-nigeria" and it's attendant evil, then you must encourage them to bear arms, for their survival. Anything short of this is suicidal.
as if Biafraland will be a world of forms........Dont live your life....relax and wait maybe you get Biafraland on a plater of gold one day.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by toluene12: 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
naptu2: Example.

Martina Anderson was a member of the IRA. When she was 18 she was arrested as she left a furniture store and charged with possession of a firearm and causing an explosion. She was released on bail after spending two months in prison. She escaped across the border to the Republic of Ireland.

Years later she was arrested again, after she was found with 4 notorious IRA militants in a flat in Scotland. They were charged with conspiring to cause (another) explosion. She was sentenced to life imprisonment.

She was released in 1998, under the terms of the Good Friday agreement that brought peace to Northern Ireland (part of the conditions of her amnesty was that she had to renounce violence).
She is now a member of the European Parliament.
She served jail time for crimes committed, besides she wasn't given public funds in the name of any amnesty.

SAY NO TO AMNESTY FOR TERRORIST
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by naptu2: 5:57pm On Apr 05, 2013
Where was it said that ex-boko haram militants will be given public funds? I thought a committee has just been set up to work out modalities?

Besides, there are Boko Haram militants who are also in jail and who may be eligible for amnesty.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by toluene12: 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
naptu2: Where was it said that ex-boko haram militants will be given public funds? I thought a committee has just been set up to work out modalities?

Besides, there are Boko Haram militants who are also in jail and who may be eligible for amnesty.
use like to compare like. IRA fought a genuine cause- an end to british rule in northern ireland , unlike boko haram- nobody knows what they even want.
IRA can be likened to niger delta, while boko haram should be likened to al queda. Has any country extended amnesty to the latter?
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
toluene12:
use like to compare like. IRA fought a genuine cause- an end to british rule in northern ireland , unlike boko haram- nobody knows what they even want.
IRA can be likened to niger delta, while boko haram should be likened to al queda. Has any country extended amnesty to the former?

Exactly!
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by porka: 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2013
eggheaders: uncle gej i hail ooo.indecision wan finish this goat.I ban super eagles,I no ban them again.na mend do independent day bombing,no be mend.I change unilag to maulag, i no change again.I can't grant ghost amnesty, I will grant them again.what sort of low life shyte scumbag did we vote has president. even my pet rabbit is more decisive than this cloned orangutan.

"Only a fool will not change his mind" - Bill Clinton
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by naptu2: 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2013
toluene12:
IRA can be likened to niger delta, while boko haram should be likened to al queda. Has any country extended amnesty to the latter?

Yes. Afghanistan.

Besides, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by Burger01(m): 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2013
Indecision is killing this my uncle Jonah. Ah ah!! He must be joking. How did I end up voting for this man!! If this is true then he can as well as kiss his presidential ambition goodbye cos am sure I won't vote for him, my family won't, my friends won't, my state won't and the northern scumbags won't. Now, am hating this 'thing' Called Jonathan. Can't defend you again. I don try.. This president is a total letdown... sad
Re: Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty by porka: 6:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
frankgreat: I see coup invoke!!! Military men go vex take over govt o

lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osun Election: Declare PDP Winner Now, Secondus Cries Blue Murder / Peter Obi Replies El-rufai On Arise Tv Live Interview (video) / Train Bomb Attack: How Nigerian Security Agencies Ignored Intel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.