Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife (1114 Views)

Soldiers Rescue 14 Pregnant Teenagers, 8 Children In Abia - Photo / Few Weeks To Wedding, Young Lady Jumps Down From Speeding Vehicle And Dies / Nigerian Man Jumps Into Fire To Save His Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife by Truequest(m): 3:38pm On Apr 03, 2008
A woman has been rescued from the jaws of a saltwater crocodile in Australia after her husband jumped onto its back and forced it to flee.

The attack took place in the Litchfield National Park near Darwin in Australia's Northern Territory.

The crocodile lunged at its victim as she stood on the banks of a river, locking its jaws around her legs before trying to drag her into the water.

Police have said the heroism of her husband almost certainly saved her.

He leapt onto the large reptile's back, gouging at its eyes with his fingers trying to free his wife.

Eventually, after a brief but almighty struggle, the animal relented.

The 36-year-old woman suffered serious injuries and will have surgery in Darwin.

Her husband escaped unharmed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7327984.stm

Where are Nigeria men? Can you attempt this for your spouse?
Re: Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife by omena555(f): 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2008
ohhhhhhhhhh my  God  shocked

may God bless that man oh. he's a husband indeed.  kiss that is how it should be. i hope our men will borrow a leaf from him. thank  God for the woman too. i wish her speedy recovery.
Re: Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife by Scopium: 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2008
omena555:

ohhhhhhhhhh my God shocked

may God bless that man oh. he's a husband indeed. kiss that is how it should be. i hope our men will borrow a leaf from him. thank God for the woman too. i wish her speedy recovery.

[size=13pt]Don't worry our men will all borrow leaves/grasses as far as the husband escapes unharmed grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife by TOYOSI20(f): 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ Topic,

Now that's a true hero, what a mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife by tpia: 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2008
wow.

Such a brave man. cheesy
Re: Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife by Uche2nna(m): 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2008
That man brave no be small ooooooooooooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked

And, I guess it depends on the woman in question. Some men would be like "good riddance to bad rubbish"
Re: Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife by Zandra1(f): 1:39am On Apr 04, 2008
The titled of this thread was quite funny. Cute story though.
Re: Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife by Zandra1(f): 1:57am On Apr 04, 2008
wink wink
Re: Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife by adekennis(m): 7:38am On Apr 04, 2008
rescue my wife from crocodile shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 04, 2008
Now that's a man wink
Re: Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife by iice(f): 2:36am On Apr 05, 2008
Awww. . .croc' dundee to the rescue. .
Brave indeed cheesy
Re: Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife by Rlst84sale(m): 4:17am On May 18, 2008
I applaude the guy's courage and efforts he is indeed a husband, a great one, however, I wonder what the story would have been if the croc had him 4 lunch instead. Let's look at it from another angle 4 a minute, why in the world did the woman get so close to the croc's reach?. Some people just like courting trouble. I guessed she has learnt her lesson.
Re: Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife by tRoOE(f): 10:29pm On May 18, 2008
Where are Nigeria men? Can you attempt this for your spouse?
Naija men ba wo ni shocked shocked shocked, he would have run is like a freaking chicken grin grin

Btw, the husband is very brave oh grin grin
Re: Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife by elizabetta(f): 4:09pm On May 19, 2008
Very brave man and also a display of love.
Re: Man jumps on the back of a Crocodile To Rescue Wife by winnteam(m): 4:20pm On May 19, 2008
NAIGA WOMEN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

MAKE UNA ALL GO MARRY THE MAN NOW. BI?

This is not the only way to show love is it?
There are a thousand and one other ways men have been showing love to the spouses.

Moreover we do not have situations like that in these parts.

Wetin the oyibo woman go find for that kin place sef?

(1) (Reply)

Maternity Leave / Married Men Only / If You Get Tattoos, So Will We, Obama Tells Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.