Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram (13784 Views)

How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria / MTN Nigeria Latest Internet Data Bundle With Upto 2.5GB Free Data -mymobnet.com / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by gameboy727(m): 12:56pm On Apr 05, 2013
Hahahaha... MTN too dey fear? If the security guards hear this they would surely run away giving boko haram free access into the building
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by morningsta(m): 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2013
MTN remains the best network in Naija irrespective of their sometimes re-occurring network issues(which network for naija no de f... up sometimes?). compared to competitors, they have a wider spread across Niaja, hence they were the most affected by Boko haram in the North. MTN's investment in the North is far more than what some of the competitors joined together can boast of.
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by Intrepid1(m): 1:40pm On Apr 05, 2013
Make MTN dedicate a tenth of their revenues to hiring bounty hunters to flush out and exterminate BH operatives...
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by Paschal007: 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2013
All those supporting BH here are genetically marked fucktards who probably uses their free 10mb to post trash here. Why on earth would anybody support destruction of lives and properties by those barbarians? Are you mentally deranged? If you feel that you're not getting the best services out of them you're so free to change network. Why are you still clinging on mtn like a parasite? It's almost like cutting your nose just to spite your face. ídiots!

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by adoniza(m): 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
The government has to do more to protect these network operators, they are a vital part of our economy
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by rman: 2:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
Nigerians are the worst hypocrites on earth. So selective in what we see as good or bad.

Now that it is MTN, it is ok for BH to bomb investments. FYI more than 200 of their base stations was affected in the north last year. More than 60 are still of air for more than 1 year.

No other operator telecoms operator have such a large number affected.

Instead of us to come out collectively and condem evil, they are in support becaue it is MTN.

Are we this terrible as a people?

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by Damon03(m): 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
Hmm, the way u pple hate mtn I guess if u had to choose between mtn and the devil... U'll want to think about it first.
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by SHABZ: 3:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
Its still a surprise to me,that a supposed literate nigerian would post things on nairaland like "make dem pursue mtn comot for nigeria"... Like seriously? Only a Telecoms professional would understand the plight of MTN. Their sites are being targeted and some misguided nigerians are happy. The fact remains that any of the other networks in d country would crumble with the number of subscribers MTN has. On my own part,I believe I've seen considerable increase in terms of performance from them. Besides,if they leave the country, who'll employ the thousands of staff they have? Na wa for una o #i no b mtn staff sha,make una no yab me.lol

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by PlanMan1: 3:54pm On Apr 05, 2013
BH pipo leaking alot of revenue that should have been put into improving network quality. MTN una sorry o !
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
rman: Nigerians are the worst hypocrites on earth. So selective in what we see as good or bad.

Now that it is MTN, it is ok for BH to bomb investments. FYI more than 200 of their base stations was affected in the north last year. More than 60 are still of air for more than 1 year.

No other operator telecoms operator have such a large number affected.

Instead of us to come out collectively and condem evil, they are in support becaue it is MTN.

Are we this terrible as a people?

Everybody paid for services to be rendered. The way and manner they do that in the Southern part of Nigeria, that is their own cup of Zobo.
BH should not be an excuse for poor service delivery in the South.
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by akraym(m): 4:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
sheedy407: Na only glo suppose dey nigeria cos its owned by our own 9ja man but instead,MTN and ordas dominated d telecomication industry and we don't patronise glo.abeg make dem bomb or pursue mtn comot make glo get ground.Proudly 9ja product.

I prefer they bomb glo and their epileptic services. Useless network
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by Awsome5645(m): 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
No matter what Mtn is trying there best not withstanding their frudulent activities.
I bliv dat one of Boko Haram boys has won d Airroplane which they refuse giving them. Mtn should sort things out and stop been nasty. This group mean every they said and will carry it out.

Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by mrvictor: 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
Why must it always be MTN that is always complaining!
Na only MTN them dey attack?
MTN will complain of poor power supply.
Mtn will complain of vandalisation.
Mtn will complain high operational cost.
Mtn will complain of boko haram.
Mtn will always look for an excuse for their poor services.
Are they the only operators in Nigeria?
mtcheeeeew!!!

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by Nicepoker(m): 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2013
[quote author=sheedy407]Na only glo suppose dey nigeria cos its owned by our own 9ja man but instead,MTN and ordas dominated d telecomication industry and we don't patronise glo.abeg make dem bomb or pursue mtn comot make glo get ground.Proudly 9ja product.[/quote na u get glo? Abi na ur uncle get am?
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by FOLLEY20(m): 8:46pm On Apr 05, 2013
Bigcake: They are not attacking u guys for supporting d FG, but rather for milking d Nigerian populace dry wit ur selfish ways of duping ur innocent customers. If dis series of attacks will bring down d cost calls then d boko boys can have a field day.
Look, u are not serious for saying that. U must be a BH suspect.
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by daryoor(m): 8:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
boko haram no get sense, why not destroy your electric supply, yr farms and yr hospitals. Iv neva seen a sect they protest but destoying developmental structures.
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by Horo(m): 9:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
Bigcake: They are not attacking u guys for supporting d FG, but rather for milking d Nigerian populace dry wit ur selfish ways of duping ur innocent customers. If dis series of attacks will bring down d cost calls then d boko boys can have a field day.

As ur name suggest big fool na him sweet u self mumu they are talking bout attacked on all telecoms installation ur there opening ur smelling mouth to divert the attention of house to ur useless comments mumu big time
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 05, 2013
They should leave mtn for me abeg. Dats d only network i understand albeit d costs.
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by MiloRambaldi(m): 11:36pm On Apr 05, 2013
Some people here are retarded. Why would anyone support terrorists bombing of telecoms infrastructure used by all?

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by everyday: 11:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
Lat the president look for something to avail the situation quickly.How can you live in a country with fear
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by MiloRambaldi(m): 12:25am On Apr 06, 2013
everyday: Lat the president look for something to avail the situation quickly.How can you live in a country with fear

And what would the President do? Solution lies in State/communal Police, but the same North won't allow it.
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by TechyGuy: 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
If all these youth making comments in support of BH, then the future of this nation is in trouble!

MTN is providing information to security agencies that leads to the tracking and arrest of BH criminals and they are being attacked by the terrorists, yet some children are heaping praises on BH.

Some others are shouting MTN should be sent packing forgetting they employ tens of thousands nationwide! The same people will go to another thread and cry there's no employment, GEJ blah, blah.

It amaze me how BH can actually become heroes just because you don't like MTN.
You see why it is difficult to deal with BH, they actually have people who believe in them as long as they and BH have common enemies. The same reason some religious extremists and bigots in the North sympathise with them.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by TechyGuy: 12:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
isobadt: Its now day five of my number portability movement survey and it looks like Etisalat is going to be the real big winner.

At least that is what the data seems to be indicating. All movements points in this direction.

After just five days, about 55% of entries on the poll points towards users moving to Etisalat when number portability officially kicks off in Nigeria. The poll is free and you can take part as well, you can also view the sample report once you submit the form online here.

MTN is currently the greatest hit; about 40% of all movement is to Etisalat, and they are from MTN.

The poll is here http://m.martins.com.ng/msurvey

Please visit with your phone and share :-)

By this your statistics, Etisalat is in trouble! Wait until they have up to 30 million subscribers, then you will know that MTN is the best closely followed by Glo.
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by Wislet(f): 12:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
PLS AM I THE ONLY ONE EXPERIENCING THIS?
I SUBSCRIBED FOR MTN BBC INTERNET DATA SERVICE LAST MONTH. AFTER ABOUT 2 WEEKS, IT STOPPED WORKING AND I FOUND OUT ThAT INSTEAD OF THE DATA BUNDLE TO KEEP RUNNING AS I BROWSE, MY AIRTIME (CREDIT) WILL BE USED UP. Pls who else is experiencing this? When I tried to resubscribe (thinking that maybe they have stopped with the unlimited data plan,I.e that I have used up the data) the message read that the earlier subscribed plan was still in use.
So why won't MTN allow my plan to be used up? Why take my credit leaving the plan? What is that network coming to? Will they claim they don't know they are stealing from People!? Is anyone else experiencing something like this? It's like MTN is a big thieving company run by a gang of fraudsters.
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by Wislet(f): 12:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
morningsta: MTN remains the best network in Naija irrespective of their sometimes re-occurring network issues(which network for naija no de f... up sometimes?). compared to competitors, they have a wider spread across Niaja, hence they were the most affected by Boko haram in the North. MTN's investment in the North is far more than what some of the competitors joined together can boast of.
what best network? Take your time pls. You talk like that when they've not dealt with you. Maybe when they do, I hope you can repeat that.
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by TechyGuy: 12:40pm On Apr 06, 2013
Wislet: PLS AM I THE ONLY ONE EXPERIENCING THIS?
I SUBSCRIBED FOR MTN BBC INTERNET DATA SERVICE LAST MONTH. AFTER ABOUT 2 WEEKS, IT STOPPED WORKING AND I FOUND OUT ThAT INSTEAD OF THE DATA BUNDLE TO KEEP RUNNING AS I BROWSE, MY AIRTIME (CREDIT) WILL BE USED UP. Pls who else is experiencing this? When I tried to resubscribe (thinking that maybe they have stopped with the unlimited data plan,I.e that I have used up the data) the message read that the earlier subscribed plan was still in use.
So why won't MTN allow my plan to be used up? Why take my credit leaving the plan? What is that network coming to? Will they claim they don't know they are stealing from People!? Is anyone else experiencing something like this? It's like MTN is a big thieving company run by a gang of fraudsters.

Nigerians! We don't try to get information before we complain. Visit their website(mtnonline.com) and go to the Blackberry page. Are you not aware there is data limit on blackberry (on all networks)? All those downloading movie series and home videos have caused us this problem, imagine a friend who download up to 32GB monthly on MTN BBC. How did you use up over 2GB in less than 2 weeks?
Contact their customer service on 180 or on twitter @mtn180. Anyway, I used up mine, even though I use it on my laptop and it took me about 28 days before I exhaust the data. Don't mind their 1GB associated with BIS or 350MB for BBC, I used over 2GB before they started deducting from my credit.
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by Wislet(f): 12:40pm On Apr 06, 2013
PLS AM I THE ONLY ONE EXPERIENCING THIS?
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by TechyGuy: 12:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
Wislet: what best network? Take your time pls. You talk like that when they've not dealt with you. Maybe when they do, I hope you can repeat that.

Actually, the networks that have dealt with me are Etisalat, Airtel and Glo (though negligible). As far as I know, MTN is the only network that have refunded my missing minutes. Etisalat and Airtel after all their noise about fast internet dealt with me on several occasions. Now I use MTN for Internet and I stream videos without a hitch.

When you hear people voice their opinion, don't argue with them, its their own experience.

I use a Lappy, Tabby, and Smart Phone all with subscription on different networks, so I know what I'm talking about. I eventually left both my etisalat and airtel subscription waste away cause they were useless. This happened more than once as another time it seemed etisalat and airtel were up only for them to be shyte after couple of days. From my experience and as a TechyGuy it depends on your location and the time of the day. MTN has been very stable where live for as long as I've lived there. Glo is highly stable too but etisalat and airtel are poo.
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by Wislet(f): 12:47pm On Apr 06, 2013
TechyGuy:

Nigerians! We don't try to get information before we complain. Visit their website(mtnonline.com) and go to the Blackberry page. Are you not aware there is data limit on blackberry (on all networks)? All those downloading movie series and home videos have caused us this problem, imagine a friend who download up to 32GB monthly on MTN BBC. How did you use up over 2GB in less than 2 weeks?
Contact their customer service on 180 or on twitter @mtn180. Anyway, I used up mine, even though I use it on my laptop and it took me about 28 days before I exhaust the data. Don't mind their 1GB associated with BIS or 350MB for BBC, I used over 2GB before they started deducting from my credit.
If the plan has a cap on it now, no problem.
My question is, why can't I re-subscribe? Why do they keep telling me that my data plan is still in use, while zapping my airtime?
If they are a responsible network, they'll allow you to re-subscribe, right?
How do u plan to explain this one away?
Re: MTN Nigeria Decries Threats From Boko-Haram by TechyGuy: 12:54pm On Apr 06, 2013
Wislet: If the plan has a cap on it now, no problem.
My question is, why can't I re-subscribe? Why do they keep telling me that my data plan is still in use, while zapping my airtime?
If they are a responsible network, they'll allow you to re-subscribe, right?
How do u plan to explain this one away?

That i cannot tell, maybe you should call or tweet at them to get the info or request it be deactivated. Contact them via twitter.com/mtn180, its a faster way to get them than calling 180.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zain Ng Introduces Data Trariff & Plans / Can Anyone Tell Me How To Bar And Unbar Outgoing Calls On My Mtn? / The Scam Called Truecaller ID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.