Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,917 members, 7,863,223 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:19 PM

Poor Ismaila Jimoh Was Sentenced To Prison For Stealing A Goat - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Poor Ismaila Jimoh Was Sentenced To Prison For Stealing A Goat (536 Views)

Strange Objects Found In Goat Slaughtered For Burial In Ekiti / Snake Swallowed A Goat In Abuja / Forbes 2011:jimoh Ibrahim Was Right On Richard Brandson! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poor Ismaila Jimoh Was Sentenced To Prison For Stealing A Goat by cheekylawyer: 2:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
While he was chasing the poor defenceless goat around probably looking for his next meal, he didn’t consider the fact that maybe, just maybe, the goat may not be exactly free.

For 35-year-old Ismaila Jimoh who was on Wednesday, 3rd April 2013, sentenced to six months imprisonment by an Ado-Ekiti Chief Magistrates’ Court for stealing a goat, regret is a very close friend.

Speaking at the court, Police Prosecutor, Corporal Bamikole Olasunkanmi, told the court that Jimhoh committed the offence on Feb.5, 2012 at Bakare Avenue, off Federal Housing Road in Ado-Ekiti.

He pleaded guilty. He really did.

I would have defended my pride and my family honour in court and pleaded not guilty yo! I would go down swinging. Can’t have my ancestors turning in their graves knowing their son pleaded guilty to stealing a goat.

Olasunkanmi told the court that the accused stole the goat, valued at N10,000 and that the goat was later recovered from poor hungry Jimoh.

But Justice must prevail, mustn’t it?

According to Olasunkanmi, the offence contravened section 383 and was punishable under section 390 of the Criminal Code, Cap. 30 Vol.11 Laws of Ondo state. Raji Agaje, the goatnapper’s lawyer, however prayed the court to have mercy on Jimoh since he had pleaded guilty.

The Chief Magistrate, Simeon Ojo, (after all the begging and pleading and disgracing his family line in court) sentenced Jimoh to six months imprisonment with hard labour or an option of N10,000 fine.

I don’t think you realise that Jimoh wasn’t with the goat anymore. The goat has been returned but homie STILL has to pay a fine. How do you explain to your fellow inmates that you were locked up for stealing a goat?

Isn’t it ironic that you steal something worth five figures and you go to jail, but an eleven-figure-amount goes missing and nobody says anything?

Welcome to Nigeria.

Via Greenight [http://greenlight.com.ng/2013/04/05/poor-ismaila-jimoh-was-sentenced-to-prison-for-stealing-a-goat/]
Re: Poor Ismaila Jimoh Was Sentenced To Prison For Stealing A Goat by mysticgal(f): 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
injustice for stealing a goatbut leaders can steal billions and go scot free with 200 thousand naira.mtceeeew
Re: Poor Ismaila Jimoh Was Sentenced To Prison For Stealing A Goat by cheekylawyer: 4:40pm On Apr 10, 2013
Poverty is a crime in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

11-year-old Boy Nabbed Triying To Set Mosque Ablaze In Abuja / Our Presido / How an average Nigerian Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.