Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

A Thread For Hidden Posts - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Thread For Hidden Posts (1151 Views)

Hidden Facts About “Goût De Diamants”. The £1.3M Champagne. / Bangladesh Judge Sacked For Hidden Bedroom Camera / Highest Number Of Posts In Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Hidden Posts by Sibrah: 3:57pm On Apr 05, 2013
I am forced to create this thread because of the way certain powers that be have decided to hide posts.
My first problem is the hiding of posts without the poster getting to know what is technically wrong with such post on NL, some may argue that the post must have violated some rules of NL but i don't want agree with such given my experience with these post-hiding-guys.
Second on the list is actually a suggestion to the central and highest power that be on NL, i want to propose that the posts containing such violating content be forwarded to the registration email box of the offending poster as it is hard for an active poster to know, off hand, the exact words of his/her post. I don't think it is enough to just hide post with out letting others know what constitute a violating post, to this effect i propose a section or at least a pages for sample hidden posts per section containing nothing but hidden posts and the original post(Main thread post) for such topics.
Third on my message and the final part, is to thank our ever ready moderators of the Politics of NL and appeal to them that they help give the thread the attention it requires as or kindly move it to appropriate section if not ideal for this section.
Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Hidden Posts by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
If everybody on earth would be like you,the world will be a very beautiful place to stay
Re: A Thread For Hidden Posts by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
Afam4eva u don hear?! Dem say make u no dey hide post like craze person angry

@op: I concur but if u want good attention, change the title of the thread to something silly like, "Tonto Dike is fyne or ugly?"
Re: A Thread For Hidden Posts by Sibrah: 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
^^ Taken, but then i think the scourge of harmless posts being hidden without the offender getting to know and appreciate his mistakes is not up to the Nairaland standard. I believe The Ogas At The Top ("OATT") can do better.
Re: A Thread For Hidden Posts by OAM4J: 6:36pm On Apr 05, 2013
It is not fun hiding posts, at least for me, it is an annoying whole lots of work. And we will ordinarily prefer having a thread with many, if not all the posts visible for members to read.

The posts we hide are posts that contains insulting words against another member/ethnic group and posts that have no bearing with the thread title even when such posts don't contain insults. For example, we will not allow a thread on Boko haram Amnesty to be derailed into conversation focusing on how Buhari is better than Jonathan. Or allow Poster-A continuous exchange of pleasantries with Poster-B.

We will prefer every thread to focus on the thread title as much as possible, not only for those reading it now but also for those who will research on such topics in the future. A good number of posters here including me got to know about Nairaland while searching for information on the Internet. Imagine coming across a topic that should answer my inquiries only to found out that more than 50% of the posts are off-topics? That will create a bad impression of Nairaland/members and also a bad business for the owner.

We hide tens and hundreds of posts daily, it will be near impossible to send a mail/message on every post we hide. If a poster think there is nothing wrong with his/her hidden post/s he/she can make a complaint on the complaint thread, the hidden posts will be reviewed and reason will be given why the post was hid.

Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Hidden Posts by Sibrah: 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
^^^ Don't you think giving posters a chance to go thru a history of their hidden posts will encourage them to desist from making similar mistakes in the future? Though some poster are bound to abuse such privileges as the may come back to open threads where they will attempt to debate the relevance of their posts, i strongly suggest that NL send such post may be on a periodic basis or on a post be post basis (depending on which is more favorable to the site's onwer pocket).
Re: A Thread For Hidden Posts by SlyIg(f): 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
This post has been hidden!
Re: A Thread For Hidden Posts by OAM4J: 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
Sibrah: ^^^ Don't you think giving posters a chance to go thru a history of their hidden posts will encourage them to desist from making similar mistakes in the future? Though some poster are bound to abuse such privileges as the may come back to open threads where they will attempt to debate the relevance of their posts, i strongly suggest that NL send such post may be on a periodic basis or on a post be post basis (depending on which is more favorable to the site's onwer pocket).

Ok Admin will look into your request.

Meanwhile your thread belongs to General Section.
Re: A Thread For Hidden Posts by Sibrah: 7:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
^^^
Thanks alot!

(1) (Reply)

Mysterious Bird Turns To Human In Benue State / SHOCKING: Cock With No Head Caught Walking Along The Streets (PHOTO) / ‘Giving Is the Best Communication’- Must Watch Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.