Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Over 100 People Died In A Petrol Tanker Explosion Accident On Benin-ore Highway - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Over 100 People Died In A Petrol Tanker Explosion Accident On Benin-ore Highway (1086 Views)

Petrol Tanker Leaks Fuel At Oshodi - Pics / Tanker Explodes At A Petrol Station In Kano This Morning. Photos / Conductor Cooking Under Petrol Tanker [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 100 People Died In A Petrol Tanker Explosion Accident On Benin-ore Highway by searay(m): 8:41pm On Apr 05, 2013
Over 100 People Died In A Petrol
Tanker Explosion Accident On
Benin-Ore Highway
Reports reaching 247ureports.com
indicates that an early morning
explosion by a petrol tanker has
killed over 100 persons who were
passengers locked in when
explosion occurred. According to an
eyewitness the incident happened
at the always busy Benin-Ore
federal highway.
According to information gathered
from an eyewitness within the area
where the incident took place, said
the incident happened around
Ugbogwi village adding that more
than 40 passengers of a luxury bus
that belong to a transport
company, the Young Shall Grow
Motors , were among the
unfortunate persons that were
burnt in the inferno.
Moreso it was gathered that the
tanker with registration number GA
71 XA. Belonging to Dangote and a
Young Shall Grow Luxury were
involved , as it was also gathered
that fire also stretched to a close
mechanic workshop setting ablaze
8 other vehicles, meanwhile the
witness also asserts that a close by
local market by the name Igbogui
market also got burnt in the
inferno.
However they said incident had
also cause traffic Jam on the two
carriageways as rescue activities is
still on even as full details of the
incident is yet to be ascertain.
Beside, several occupants of other
vehicles numbering over 25
trapped in the explosion were also
roasted to death while a few lucky
ones escaped with various degrees
of buns. Several security and rescue
agencies have mobilized to the
area for rescue operations. Our
contact in the area said remains of
burnt passengers are still being
packed in nylon sacks by operatives
of Civil Defence corps, police and
Road Safety Corps.
The Corps is to issue a formal
statement soon
http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/over-100-people-died-in-a-petrol-tanker-explosion-accident-on-benin-ore-highway/
Re: Over 100 People Died In A Petrol Tanker Explosion Accident On Benin-ore Highway by searay(m): 8:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
Confirmation please?
Re: Over 100 People Died In A Petrol Tanker Explosion Accident On Benin-ore Highway by victorD3: 8:46pm On Apr 05, 2013
WTF! Our highways kill more that diseases and Boko Haram joined together
Re: Over 100 People Died In A Petrol Tanker Explosion Accident On Benin-ore Highway by Ponel: 8:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
May God help us. I think we all should be prayerful and draw ourselves closer to christ, because we don't know the day that we are going to leave this wicked. May the soul of the departed rest in peace.
Re: Over 100 People Died In A Petrol Tanker Explosion Accident On Benin-ore Highway by JW214: 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
I was at the accident scene at about 2pm when the fire was still burning. I can confirm that the numbers of casualities can't be up to 100, but can't be less than 60 people because of the luxirious bus and truck involved.

It was so unfortunate that for about 2 to 3 hours the fire lasted, the Fire fighters were not in sight. Even if they make attempt to come, they can't get to the accident scene because both sides of the road was blocked by motorist(driving at the opposite side of the traffic flow), not even sparing the service lane for the emergency service workers to use(very bad driving habit)

I had to return to Benin at about half 3 to use Ifon/Akure/Ibadan route to Lagos. As I type now, am sure some people will still be in the traffic grid lock just at a village near Ofosu, Edo state part of the Benin/Ore highway
Re: Over 100 People Died In A Petrol Tanker Explosion Accident On Benin-ore Highway by manmustwac(m): 9:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
Ponel: May God help us. I think we all should be prayerful and draw ourselves closer to christ, because we don't know the day that we are going to leave this wicked. May the soul of the departed rest in peace.
Please tell me how prayin to (imaginary) Christ is going to improve road safety in nigeria?
Re: Over 100 People Died In A Petrol Tanker Explosion Accident On Benin-ore Highway by Ponel: 10:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
manmustwac: Please tell me how prayin to (imaginary) Christ is going to improve road safety in nigeria?

There is nothing prayer can't handle. My brother.
Re: Over 100 People Died In A Petrol Tanker Explosion Accident On Benin-ore Highway by zubbainno123: 10:48pm On Apr 05, 2013
Oh LORD! Please look down with mercy upon ur children. Heal our country Nigeria and wipe out our tears before the terror consumes us all.
Re: Over 100 People Died In A Petrol Tanker Explosion Accident On Benin-ore Highway by oilwiz1: 11:28am On Oct 20, 2014
If d fg can obtain loans in billions of dollars for arms and d likes, wat stops dem from obtaining funds for our decapitated fed roads?...I wonder wer d country is heading.
Re: Over 100 People Died In A Petrol Tanker Explosion Accident On Benin-ore Highway by don33310(m): 11:35am On Oct 20, 2014
victorD3:
WTF! Our highways kill more that diseases and Boko Haram joined together
Sadly but true

(1) (Reply)

Coscharis Factory On Fire In Kirikiri Town / Man Stabs Roommate For Making Noise During Sex (PHOTOS) / Top 10 Greatest Heists In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.