Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,414 members, 7,958,222 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? (13363 Views)

Fruits And Vegetables You Can Eat With Their Peels / Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by Akin1212(m): 9:34am On Apr 06, 2013
SOME HAVE FOOD BUT CANNOT EAT, SOME CAN EAT BUT HAVE NO FOOD. We were always happy to sing that song after the bell rang back in those days...Unaware that somewhere some can really eat but have no food.
Whilst some still believe 'some have food but cannot eat' is better than 'some can eat but have no food. I strongly believe otherwise. Let us know what you think.
Note: nobody will take it personal it's just an opinion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by MissyB3(f): 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
While none of these conditions is good, but for the purpose of participation, I'd say 'Some have food but cannot eat' seems to be more acceptable/bearable than 'Some can eat but have no food'.
This is because you may not be able to have your available food through your mouth but it's possible to have yourself injected with nutritional formulae. . . .But the man who is hungry YET has no hope of satisfying that hunger. . .There's no explaining what it's like!
Whinnn is nothing compared to wetin you go hear. cheesy

#ThankGodWeHaveFoodAndCanEat

2 Likes

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2013
Missy_B: While none of these conditions is good, but for the purpose of participation, I'd say 'Some have food but cannot eat' seems to be more acceptable/bearable than 'Some can eat but have no food'.
This is because you may not be able to have your available food through your mouth but it's possible to have yourself injected with nutritional formulae. . . .But the man who is hungry YET has no hope of satisfying that hunger. . .There's no explaining what it's like!

well said cool
Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2013
*Let 'condition A' represent 'having food to eat but without the ability or means to do so.'
*Let 'condition B' represent the reverse case...i.e. Possessing the ability and capacity to eat, but no available food.

I believe condition A is far worse. The condition is usually permanent and cannot be easily remedied. The food is right there before you, but you can't touch it. You can't chew. You can't swallow. You can't drink. You can't eat!

If you are 'rich enough' to seek alternative means of ingesting it (e.g. using tubes and intravenous lines), then you wouldn't know what the food tastes like. Is taste not an important part of eating? What about jaw movement? Chewing and grinding food particles with strength, purpose and glee! That victorious feeling you get as it goes down your oesophagus...lol cheesy

Condition B is bad, I agree, but is quite short-term and is easily remedied through hard work, stealing or begging...lol.

#Datz All.

25 Likes

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by MissyB3(f): 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2013
fluid26:
I believe condition A is far worse. The condition is usually permanent and cannot be easily remedied. The food is right there before you, but you can't touch it. You can't chew. You can't swallow. You can't drink. You can't eat!
One beautiful thing about humans is their ability to adapt quickly in situations where it is possible to. As long as the stomach is not in crisis, you're good to go - You have strength, you can laugh, be happy, do the things you're capable of doing w/out any problem, unless you voluntarily decide to dwell on your plight (something you can decide not to do). Some are allergic to chocolate, they see it every time they walk into a supermarket, they prolly even buy it for someone else YET they can't have it and they don't die. It just depends on you (re)programming your mindset.

If you are 'rich enough' to seek alternative means of ingesting it (e.g. using tubes and intravenous lines), then you wouldn't know what the food tastes like. Is taste not an important part of eating? What about jaw movement? Chewing and grinding food particles with strength, purpose and glee! That victorious feeling you get as it goes down your oesophagus...lol
The taste of food is the pleasure aspect of feeding, the essential part is having that food make it to your stomach thereby serving its principal purpose. When you have fever, food is usually tasteless but you eat anyway so you are able to do a lot of thing - take drugs, have strength etc. Let another individual go on a tasting spree for a long time, tasting every available delicious food with just the tip of his tongue and not have anything go down his throat, it won't be long before he says goodbye to the world. Taste is not half as important as having something in the stomach.

Condition B is bad, I agree, but is quite short-term and is easily remedied through hard work, stealing or begging...lol.
Hunger don wire you before? I doubt! cheesy
We are talking of a hungry man who has not the slightest hope where to get his next even miserable meal. No be who get strength go fit rob, beg or work?
I had an experience with hunger sometime ago and ewww, experience, they say, is the best teacher. Lol.
This was something I brought upon myself, deliberately decided not to eat that morning, and by the time my stomach started crying I was where I couldn't lay hands on any food but just a can of coke. I felt like I was going to faint at any moment, I was forced to ask the lady to leave my hair half made and I went in search of a supermarket or grocery store, the first edible thing I touched was a pack to chips and I started eating even before I got to the counter (and for someone like me that has habit of not eating in open places, it meant I had reached my limit, in other words, I don hear whinn). It took some minutes before I started feeling okay. That day, I understood what hunger meant. sad

That said, we are not talking of people like me who are hungry for a moment and can easily have access to food, we are talking of people who are used to eating less than 1 decent meal a day, uncertain if they will eat the next day. One cannot even imagine!

3 Likes

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
In your first paragraph, your argument was on appetite and allergy. Fair points, but not as deep as a severe medical condition...as I inferred from the old school rhyme.

In the second paragraph, you mentioned fever - which is also fair but temporary.

In the 3rd paragraph you mentioned extreme hunger, even after having coke which contains sugar and must've given you a proportional burst of energy. You had the strength to go get something to eat. If you didn't take the coke and had no energy to go scouting; perhaps you fainted there and then, you woulda been resuscitated and food woulda been provided...out-of-charity (which translates as indirect/subtle begging...lol) or perhaps billed.

I no too grab your last paragraph. Which one be less than one decent meal? Half meal, quarter meal or no meal?? Anywhichway, e be like say e buttress my point even more...as per working hard, stealing or begging to improve the condition. No be so?

In summary, I guess my analysis was hinged on the worst of both ends...extreme medical condition on one hand (e.g. Mouth and throat cancer) and hopelessness (e.g. Jobless and unemployable) on the other; while yours was more ephemeral. U grab?

Let's see what input other users can bring to make this more interesting.

1 Like

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by yuzedo: 2:22pm On Apr 10, 2013
Some have food but cannot eat - MISERS angry
Some can eat but have no food - PERCHERS angry
We have food and we can eat - MONGERS cool
Glory be to thee o Lord! grin wink

3 Likes

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by kramer: 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2013
Fascinating topic!

7 Likes

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by plainmirror(m): 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2013
Missy_B: While none of these conditions is good, but for the purpose of participation, I'd say 'Some have food but cannot eat' seems to be more acceptable/bearable than 'Some can eat but have no food'.

thumbs-up ℓ bet Ʊ would ♍aKƸ̵ a good orator

1 Like

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by GentleNaaz(m): 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2013
In a country, if 5,000 peoplehv food but cnt eat, 3000 people hv food n cn eat, 4000 ppl hv no food n cn nt eat and 2000 ppl hv no food n cn eat. If 2 people r pickd at random 1 afta d oda without replacemnt, wat is d probability dat
1. Dy hv food n cnt eat?
2. One hv food n cn eat n d oda doesnt?
3. Both r 4m naija?

1 Like

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 10, 2013
Bottom line. Do you have the Right food to eat undecided ?
Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by Regiblinkz(m): 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
I have food and I can eat...glory be God

1 Like

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by 32D: 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
yuzedo: Some have food but cannot eat - MISERS angry
Some can eat but have no food - PERCHERS angry
We have food and we can eat - MONGERS cool
Glory be to thee o Lord! grin wink
Some have food but cannot eat - SICK/TROUBLED/UNHAPPY
Some can eat but have no food - STARVED/LESS PRIVILEGED/SUFFERING
We have food and we can eat - THANKFUL

4 Likes

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by pongwa(m): 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
lets look at it from this point of view......
The man that does not have food still has the hope of eating provided he can work anywhere in the world. But God help the wealthy man that has access to food but cannot chop.....#nabondagejor
Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by NotNairalandi(m): 2:49pm On Apr 10, 2013
Seun Shagari or Seun osewa which one is more preferable?

Oya let's go......

To me I choose Seun Shagari
Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by yuzedo: 2:50pm On Apr 10, 2013
32-D:

Some have food but cannot eat - SICK/TROUBLED/UNHAPPY
Some can eat but have no food - STARVED/LESS PRIVILEGED/SUFFERING
We have food and we can eat - THANKFUL
Nigga do yo own song man! Feature Tonto Dike or some Gospel act for all i care, but don't remix my sh*t without written consent. angry
Have yo people talk to my people, man! angry

3 Likes

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by omocheche(f): 3:00pm On Apr 10, 2013
But we have food and we can eat, so we say glory be to thee oh Lord.
The important thing is we have food and we can eat.
Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by mayordy(m): 3:02pm On Apr 10, 2013
Mr Fluid would you please exchange your condition with Missy_b so she'll really know how it feels when one is unable to taste but can only ingest fluids. #justjoking o

Me I want none of dem o. I have food and I can eat glory be to God.
Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2013
Condition A is worse. It's like a richman who has money but can't buy happiness.
Moreso, not much people can even afford food to be injected in their body.
In condition B, it's like a poor man whose condition may be better tomorrow. He who have no food today but can eat may have food tomorrow.
Last Bullet: We have food & we can eat. Glory be to thee, O'Lord.

2 Likes

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by ifecttt(m): 3:15pm On Apr 10, 2013
grin
Gentle Naaz: In a country, if 5,000 peoplehv food but cnt eat, 3000 people hv food n cn eat, 4000 ppl hv no food n cn nt eat and 2000 ppl hv no food n cn eat. If 2 people r pickd at random 1 afta d oda without replacemnt, wat is d probability dat
1. Dy hv food n cnt eat?
2. One hv food n cn eat n d oda doesnt?
3. Both r 4m naija?

That one sef na comment. Your head dey there.
Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by dahdah: 3:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
SOME CAN"T EAT AND STILL HAVE NO FOOD
Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by franca30(f): 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
Very Gr8tful 2 God dat i nd my entire family hv food nd we can eat 2.
Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by RiKKies: 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2013
I have seen this 'some have food but cannot eat'. I won't wish it for anybody.

1 Like

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by mysticgal(f): 3:40pm On Apr 10, 2013
i
have food and i can eat..thank you jesus,dos who have no fud but can
eat,provide 4 dem,dos hu ve fud but canot eat,help them lord.
Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by sagytariusTM1: 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2013
fluid26:

If you are 'rich enough' to seek alternative means of ingesting it (e.g. using tubes and intravenous lines), then you wouldn't know what the food tastes like. Is taste not an important part of eating? What about jaw movement? Chewing and grinding food particles with strength, purpose and glee! That victorious feeling you get as it goes down your oesophagus...lol cheesy
Falls off from banana tree gringrin

1 Like

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by MumyGO(f): 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
yuzedo: Nigga do yo own song man! Feature Tonto Dike or some Gospel act for all i care, but don't remix my sh*t without written consent. angry Have yo people talk to my people, man! angry
. im in love wit yuzedo oh
Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by MumyGO(f): 5:02pm On Apr 10, 2013
yuzedo: Nigga do yo own song man! Feature Tonto Dike or some Gospel act for all i care, but don't remix my sh*t without written consent. angry Have yo people talk to my people, man! angry
Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by yuzedo: 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2013
Mumy G O: . im in love wit yuzedo oh
Buy my "in-love form" for N20,000. Pay into GTBank and send in letter of application... Hurry! wink wink wink

P.s. Form is subsidized for sweerie-pies. You can pay ONLY N5,000 if you have big brezz, big nyash, and ice-cream laps. tongue Do u have? Send ur 6 x 12 nakedddd photo to my inbox. Hurryyyyyyyy and u can be a winner! kiss
Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by Oziddy: 5:13pm On Apr 10, 2013
fluid26: *Let 'condition A' represent 'having food to eat but without the ability or means to do so.'
*Let 'condition B' represent the reverse case...i.e. Possessing the ability and capacity to eat, but no available food.

#Datz All.
fluid u dey craze, lwkmd @condition B

1 Like

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by Pimples(m): 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2013
I absolutely believe that condition A is a lot better. At least the person in that condition has leverage. And can use the food he cannot eat to purchase other necessities.
Unlike the individual with condition B, such a person without leverage is complely useless as he has nothing to exchange in other to improve his condition. Even as someone earlier noted he has no energy to even work or steal to help himself.

Thank God for Daily provisions
Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by Oziddy: 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2013
No one is better cos
#Eget da kind hunger wey go catch u, no be
person go tell u say make u carry bible read,
#Eget da kind hunger wey go hold u. U go
dey produce wailing sounds wit no tears.
#Eget da kind hunger wey fit grab u like dis,
ur urine go com get da ability to turn litmus
paper red,
#Eget da kind hunger wey go hook u, ur eyes
go turn to ray ban(SUN SHADE)
#Eget da kind hunger wey go rape u, u go
support gay marriage by force;
#Eget da kind hunger we go hold u, even if u
see eba and soup,u go kukuma lick d soup,no
strenght to mould eba.
#Eget da kind hunger wey fit grab u lyk dis. U
go com dey see shadows of people wey u
neva see b4.
#Eget da kind hunger wey go hold u. U go
humble ursef.
#Eget da kind hunger wey go catch u, u go
com go bak to dat waste bin wey u trowey
dat bread yesterday, poor u, bingo later chop
am,
#Eget da kind hunga wey go hold u, u go get
amnesia(Loss of memory)
dey ansa quuestions wit question; E.g; Bros
abeg how do i locate dis address?,,Ans; Bros
nt as if em too hungry, buh do i look like em
fasting?
dey hear echos of past celebrated events;
sounds like dis,,,,,,>
* Bring dat food,
* Oboi i don chop tire,
* man shall not leave by bread alone joor,
* trow those plates of food away, i am done,
* must you force me to eat?
* Mehn i can do witaut food for 3 gud
days,,,,now did u jst say dat?
AND finally;
get tym rite dis kind tin wey i jst ryt,

7 Likes

Re: Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? by wellmax(m): 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
Some can poo but can't wee wee
Some can wee wee, but cannot poo
We can poo and we can wee wee
Glory Glory Glory

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Beautifully Sculpted Cakes / Bag Of Semo N13,200 From N6,000, 12kg Cooking Gas N15,000: Market Survey. / English Name Of Kunu Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.