Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:59 PM

Power Drunk Security Men Or Insanity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Drunk Security Men Or Insanity (725 Views)

Senator Buruji Kashamu And His Security Men At An Event. / Security Men Halt Shiite Procession In Katsina / Journalist Beaten By Security Men At Olubadan's Coronation - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Drunk Security Men Or Insanity by jhydebaba(m): 11:19am On Apr 06, 2013
Eyewitness account close to me yesterday have it that while traveling from Lagos to Ibadan along ibafo to mowe area. One commercial bus driver (danfo to be specific) drove roughly on the expressway, the security men plying that route at that particular point in time were annoyed at this and ordered him to stop. On sighting that the security men would drain him of all his money he sped off and the security men ran after him.

The eyewitness account have it that it was like watching an action packed film. As the danfo driver reversed the car against traffic. He was moving fast with the reverse that a trailer coming had to apply his brake suddenly which made the trailer to turn back and face the other side of the road thereby causing traffic jam on the other side too.

The eyewitness said that two of the security guys stopped them and enter inside their car. He said one of the security guys said "I trust Danladi (fake name) to bring that danfo driver down, He go die today".
The security men got the better side of the danfo driver while still traveling fast in reverse mode, fired a shot directly at him, he died on the spot and the conductor fell down from the bus (the conductor's head broke into pieces) since the driver lost control at a very high speed.

Two souls were lost overnight in an avoidable incident. Why will a sane driver run for security operatives? Why will a sane security operative fire directly at an unarmed civilian because he committed a traffic offense mind you nothing concerns the security outfit with traffic?

On tuesday after easter monday, my siblings were going from Ikorodu to Ketu in Lagos. The driver of the bus also drove against traffic because traffic jam was much that morning.

Unknown to the driver, there was security men on the highway dodging at one side of the road and waiting for offenders. Immediately, he sighted them, he increased his speed (not minding that he had about 15 passengers on board), the security men having seen that they can't stop him used a heavy stick on the bus, damaged all the body parts from windshield, to traffic light, name it (without minding that the bus was fully loaded with children on board).
The driver escaped to a safe place, dropped all the passenger without giving them a dime. The passengers were even happy that they came out alive. They sustained various degree of injuries though but were still thankful to God.
Then I begin to wonder how sane this country is.

It was easter sunday, I went to celebrate with a friend who organised a party. He employed two security men to to safeguard the place for the night.
After the security men ate and drank (not water oh cheesy) so much, we also cracked jokes, I thanked them for a job well done and in appreciation of that, they fired three shot into the air (I swear, I no shake cheesy, I only remembered the minister of defence or is it minister of state for defence who collapsed when the military were performing their things on armed forces remembrance day). The men offered to drop us in my place with their bike (about a minute drive on bike). When we got there, the security guys also fired 2 shots in the air to announce their departure.
In other news...
When I entered my compound, I saw people panicking. I asked what happened and they were like "we heard three gun shots and people said some group of armed robbers were robbing downtown" so, u can imagine their plight when they actually saw two bikes driving recklessly towards them and shot twice into the air.

NB: I used security operatives/men because I didn't want to mention the specific agency of the federal government cheesy I dey fear oh cuz I no fit do mthseeew for mofol.
Re: Power Drunk Security Men Or Insanity by akpomeme(m): 12:53pm On Apr 06, 2013
You can lie but your imaginations worked out fine. Movie director/ actor.
Re: Power Drunk Security Men Or Insanity by jhydebaba(m): 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
akpomeme: You can lie but your imaginations worked out fine. Movie director/ actor.

Oh my! How could this be an imagination If u have someone close to the ibafo/mowe area, ask the person to help authenticate the incident. The second scenario is what happens in Lagos on a daily basis (that's if u're conversant with lagos route). The third happened to me. So what's the movie there
Re: Power Drunk Security Men Or Insanity by jhydebaba(m): 10:13am On May 04, 2013
angry angry
Re: Power Drunk Security Men Or Insanity by redfly(m): 3:41pm On May 04, 2013
The OP is saying the truth abt the mowe/ibafo story. Saw the body of the conductor that day. Gory sight, don't kno why this hasn't been on front page since.
Re: Power Drunk Security Men Or Insanity by jhydebaba(m): 5:11pm On May 04, 2013
redfly: The OP is saying the truth abt the mowe/ibafo story. Saw the body of the conductor that day. Gory sight, don't kno why this hasn't been on front page since.
I think FP is sacred and for the sacred cows cool

(1) (Reply)

Dismissed DPO Arraigned For Killing Subsidy Removal Protester / British House Of Commons Threatened To Sue Orji Uzor Kalu / Where Are The Amaechi Friends, Loyalist And Supporters? Betrayal Of Trust......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.