Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

My House Building Project From Scratch. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My House Building Project From Scratch. (5461 Views)

A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering / Building A House From Scratch Or Buying One? / Kitchen Design Project From Start To Finish (Completed)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
I recently bought a parcel of land measuring 137*50 square feet somewhere in Port Harcourt. God willing, I intend to start the development of this property within the year. I intend, therefore, to use this medium to document and update the progress of this work.
Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by youngterry: 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2013
bro.. kindly post some pic of your project as soon as you start.
Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by spyder880(m): 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
Yesoooooo, I am fully here and will be beside you all the way, let the action start bros cheesy
Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2013
young_terry: bro.. kindly post some pic of your project as soon as you start.
YT, I will try my best for the updates.
Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
spyder880: Yesoooooo, I am fully here and will be beside you all the way, let the action start bros cheesy
Thanks bro. Knowing a genuis like you is behind me is massive motivation already. Did you get my mail? I can imagine how busy your schedule is but please find time to attend to it. Thanks.
Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
Even though by His Grace, I plan to start active work on this project in Q3/2013, I just thought I should clear and level the land for now, as the accompanying set of pictures would show. This clearing took place ending of March 2013.

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 10:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
More

1 Like

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:08pm On Apr 11, 2013
More... still learning how to get the right sizing for pix before they can be accepted here

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2013
Still learning the ropes on pix resizing

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
The boys hard at work...

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
More clearing and uprooting pix...

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
More pix..

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:33pm On Apr 11, 2013
More...

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:54pm On Apr 11, 2013
Some of my neighbours have already started something. But no stress. No hurry in life...

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 12:01am On Apr 12, 2013
Well, let's just say I'm a learner. The pix are not posting at the sizes I would like them to. The next set of pix that will follow are those of the leveled land. That will be next week as I'm currently out of town. Watch this space, y'all!
Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by Chekitaut: 12:41am On Apr 12, 2013
God will be with you all through this project, i pray for God strength upon you and your treasury. For all that will want to stand as disturb God in his mercy should make them busy for no just course till after you finish, anyone trying to exploit you, father God change his or heart to favour you. Amen
Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 12:16am On Apr 13, 2013
Chekitaut: God will be with you all through this project, i pray for God strength upon you and your treasury. For all that will want to stand as disturb God in his mercy should make them busy for no just course till after you finish, anyone trying to exploit you, father God change his or heart to favour you. Amen

Amen. You've just given me the greatest gift so far this year. Thanks bro.
Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by spyder880(m): 8:14am On Apr 13, 2013
What do you plan to do first, the building or the fence?
Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:51pm On Apr 14, 2013
Mehn! How do you know the question that has been going on in my head all day? I really don't know. Looks like my neighbours are waiting for who will do the fence. The survey pillars are intact. I may just go ahead with my structure next quarter. But Spyd, please give me a 'quess-timate' of how much naira would the fencing gulp. 6-inches whole blocks. Remember 137x50 feet. Thanks as always.
Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by chukwudi74: 12:21am On Apr 15, 2013
Hello all. Nice place to be. I recently bought a 100 by 100 feet land in delta state. My question is I want to build 3 2bedroom flats, 5 one bedroom flat and one room self contain, will this land accommodate this putting in place the car parking, well, and surkerway.

Also does anyone know how much cost roughly this will take and how long it will take as am a newbies here. Any qoute is welcome from qualified gurus. How many blocks can finish it to roof level. How many blocks to fence and cost of fencing

Thanks
Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by eghosajohnny: 5:48am On Nov 11, 2013
Hello all,I am a builder and I will want to be known by the world through NL anyone who intend to build just send a post and you will get answers immediately.
Thanks to you all and hope to start hearing from you guys,
Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 2:41am On Jul 09, 2014
I see a lot of folks still check in to see if this thread is alive and active. Many thanks for that. Just to say that by God's special grace activities will soon recommence pertaining this thread. Thanks for keeping faith.
Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
This month of July 2014 we have decided to restart activities on this project and see how far we can take it to. Perimeter fencing around the plot started on Monday 14th July, 2014.

1 Like

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
A friend of the family planted some corn here and we will try our best to protect the crops since they have started bearing cobs but we have to do what we have to do.

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
A total of 2400 5-inch non-hollow blocks at N115 per block have been paid for and are being delivered to site for the fencing. Somehow I defied Professor Spyder's advice to wait the blocks out at the moulder's place before moving them to site. Well, since its fence, the blocks will surely get a good measure of rain and sun later. For now work must start.

1 Like

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
More block work on the fence...

1 Like

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by cleric(m): 11:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
Good one. God be with you.
Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
Guys are hard at work...

1 Like

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
Sand heaps are being eaten up as fast as...

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
The fence is still growing...

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 11:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
Up and up...

Re: My House Building Project From Scratch. by VIPICO(m): 12:09am On Jul 25, 2014
The fence was completed 19-07-14. A temporary gate was installed pending completion of construction. More work has also been done: A water borehole drilling was completed with a 1500 liter surface tank on Monday 21-07-14 and commissioned. Moulding of 9" hollow blocks for the building also started same day and is ongoing. A site hut for storage of tools and equipment is under construction.
Yours sincerely is currently out of town. Will keep everyone posted picture-wise as soon as I get back.

Stay blessed, y'all.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

HURRY! Enjoy Bulk Discount On All Concrete Materials For Your Foundation / Church Of Satan Registration Site. / Affordable Plumbing Or Plumber Works In Lagos and Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.