Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Usb Cable Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Usb Cable Problem (964 Views)

Most Important Use Of OTG USB Cable / Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? / My Computer Is Not Recognizing Any Usb Cable Or Flash Drive:) Gurus Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usb Cable Problem by Fadajasi(m): 9:50am On Apr 04, 2008
Hey guys,i have a lil problem with my laptop,its refuses to identify my usb cable,each time i insert it,it wont see it,pls is there any help on this?
Re: Usb Cable Problem by donchichi: 9:51am On Apr 04, 2008
Go to control panel, click add hardware and follow instructions.

or restart ur pc
Re: Usb Cable Problem by oldie(m): 10:45am On Apr 04, 2008
Try another usb cable
Use another usb port
I guess your usb cable was working before now?
Re: Usb Cable Problem by tobidaflava(m): 2:32pm On Apr 04, 2008
May be your laptop is blinded. . .or havin sight problem. GOGGLE it !
Re: Usb Cable Problem by dragnet: 5:22am On Apr 05, 2008
GOGGLE what??

Fadajasi, is this the 1st time of using the cable with the pc??
Have u installed the cable driver??
Does the usb port on the pc work with other usb devices??
Re: Usb Cable Problem by Fadajasi(m): 11:15am On Apr 05, 2008
It doesnt work with any usb device,its the first time am using and havent installed usb drive
Re: Usb Cable Problem by Fadajasi(m): 11:15am On Apr 05, 2008
It doesnt work with any usb device,its the first time am using and havent installed usb drive@dragnet
Re: Usb Cable Problem by Fadajasi(m): 11:17am On Apr 05, 2008
Wetin u wan make i google?@tobi
Re: Usb Cable Problem by Fadajasi(m): 12:04am On Apr 08, 2008
Its a different story now,each time i insert the usb from phone to computer it tells me 'found new hardware' on the baron,but later display 'use must be part of the administration groups b4 u can install the hardware' given me a space to type the user name and password which i dont even know,i even have modem,dont just understand whats happening,could it be it has been lock from installation? Pls i do i bypass this or is there any way of hacking it?
Re: Usb Cable Problem by Fadajasi(m): 12:09am On Apr 08, 2008
Its a different story now,each time i insert the usb from phone to computer it tells me 'found new hardware' on the baron,but later display 'use must be part of the administration groups b4 u can install the hardware' given me a space to type the user name and password which i dont even know,i even have modem,dont just understand whats happening,could it be it has been lock from installation? Pls i do i bypass this or is there any way of hacking it?
Re: Usb Cable Problem by rite2salas(m): 12:17am On Apr 08, 2008
wat device are u trying to connect to ur pc
go to device manager
uninstall usb root hubs drivers (unplug any usb devices before you do this)
restart your computer and it'll install the drivers for the root hubs
try connecting your usb device again
if it doesnt recognises it you might probs need a driver for your usb device cheesy
Re: Usb Cable Problem by Bolan(m): 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2008
Please, don't mind all these people. Your prb is that u have to logon as an administrator for u to be able to install the device. What operating system are u using? Are in anyway connected to a server?
Re: Usb Cable Problem by Fadajasi(m): 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2008
Thats exactly my problem,am nt connected to any server
Re: Usb Cable Problem by Fadajasi(m): 7:43pm On Apr 11, 2008
Am on windows xp
Re: Usb Cable Problem by tobidaflava(m): 7:20am On Apr 12, 2008
You're now talking.
Re: Usb Cable Problem by Martins00(m): 10:06am On Apr 12, 2008
Its certain tht u have to login through ur Administrator acct before any software could be installed on ur System. All u have to do is login through Computeradministrator acct, insert ur USB cord again. The computer would recognise the hardware, install its software automatically (if its a memory device) and its ready to use. But if its not a memory device, u might need to install its driver. Note: u can only install software through the Computeradmin acct!!!
Re: Usb Cable Problem by Fadajasi(m): 1:11am On Apr 13, 2008
I dont know the administrator acct,dats the problem,i will always ask me for username and password.
Re: Usb Cable Problem by uspry1(f): 2:04am On Apr 13, 2008
Fadajasi:

I don't know the administrator acct,that is the problem,i will always ask me for username and password.

@Fadajasi
You need access the administrator login FIRST before you can download the usb driver. Depend on what kind of user account you have. Single user account (1st pic) or Multiple user accounts.(2nd pic) See two different kinds of Windows XP administrator on Welcome Screen on your computer/laptop look like this below:

Re: Usb Cable Problem by Fadajasi(m): 4:11pm On Apr 13, 2008
What below? Am on mobile
Re: Usb Cable Problem by Fadajasi(m): 4:13pm On Apr 13, 2008
Am i making sense atall?
Re: Usb Cable Problem by Fadajasi(m): 4:14pm On Apr 13, 2008
Am i making sense atall?
Re: Usb Cable Problem by Fadajasi(m): 4:21pm On Apr 13, 2008
Am i making sense atall?

(1) (Reply)

Having Limited Connectivity On My Vista Laptop When I Use Dial Up Connection / Make Money From Sending Sms Alert/advert For Business Firms And Companies / Need Advice On Where To Start From On Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.