Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Help With Troubleshooting A Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help With Troubleshooting A Laptop (1116 Views)

Networking Challenges & Troubleshooting / What's A SIM Card Slot On A Laptop Used For? / Help With Yahoo Troubleshooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help With Troubleshooting A Laptop by Brejinski: 3:33am On May 10, 2006
Hi,

I have a Toshiba laptop for about one year. It’s a Satellite P25 - S509/ 1GB RAM/ 80 GB HD/Pentium 4-3 GHz.

About two weeks ago it started to get bit too slow. I thought I had too many pieces of software and deleted a bunch of them. I got a bit better. Not proportionally to the amount of "junk" I removed.

Then I decided to open it up and clean the heat sink, which, btw, was very dirty. For one day I thought I had solved the problem, but, to my surprise, when I tried to turn it on last time, it just wouldn’t initialize.

I tried several times and the error messages I got are. I can’t remember exactly what the steps to each messages were, but here they are:

MESSAGE 1:

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 082)
Copyright © 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Realtek RTL8139(X)/8130/810X PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v2.13 (020326)
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM

This is an infinite looping on the screen. It won’t end till I press the on/off switch

MESSAGE 2:

BSOD – Blue Screen with Kernel_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (this is the only info I could get as it appeared only once so far)

Could it be the hard drive?
Re: Help With Troubleshooting A Laptop by Chxta(m): 6:33am On May 10, 2006

(1) (Reply)

Wanting To Know More About U.p.s,inverter And Other Things On Electronic Circuit / Embed A Flash Video Into Powerpoint & Convert Ppt Presentation To Flv Format / Zoom Internet Access - What Is Your Rating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.