Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,589 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Career Onslaught - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Onslaught (708 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Onslaught by fakinbosola(m): 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2013
I graduated with 2.1 mechanical engineering in 2010.. And I have the passion to work in the oil and gas service sector.
During my NYSC I was posted to a private university only to find myself as an office assistant for the whole one year. Afterward I couldn't secure employment for sometime which is making life hard a bit for me.

Now I get an offer from transport company (with a meager pay) where I have to function as the office assistant again.
I'm confused on the next life of action either to accept it or decline it.

Pls advise.
Re: Career Onslaught by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 07, 2013
fakinbosola:
I graduated with 2.1 mechanical engineering in 2010.. And I have the passion to work in the oil and gas service sector.
During my NYSC I was posted to a private university only to find myself as an office assistant for the whole one year. Afterward I couldn't secure employment for sometime which is making life hard a bit for me.

Now I get an offer from transport company (with a meager pay) where I have to function as the office assistant again.
I'm confused on the next life of action either to accept it or decline it.

Pls advise.
can you afford a masters degree anywhere ? i think that will be a better option. and how old are you by the way ?
Re: Career Onslaught by fakinbosola(m): 9:44am On Apr 08, 2013
Guitarlife:
can you afford a masters degree anywhere ? i think that will be a better option. and how old are you by the way ?

Thanks for your response.

I'd initially applied and gotten an offer for a masters degree at UI but couldn't proceed because I lost my mum which is my financial backbone same year, that actually left me with no option other than searching for job.

I'm 28 years old.

Waiting for you further advise.

Thanks
Re: Career Onslaught by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 08, 2013
well, i think you should make up your mind what you wanna do and stick to it. if its getting a job then you got to be really resolute about it cos i wouldn't lie to you things are some how in nigeria. i finished 2009 and immediately enrolled for my masters degree. am almost through now and i just started job hunting again. the truth is one of the most untapped areas and that is a little based on merit today in nigeria is the higher education sector especially the field of engineering. with all these universities springing up everyday, you can never go wrong with an higher academic degree so i always advice those who don't have people to 'leg them in' to consider higher degree and its better too if you are young. i am 26 years this year so just make up your mind what you wanna do and stick to it but be sure its what you wanna do. there are no certainties anywhere and especially in nigeria. may god guide you. (sorry for the poor capitalization, my lappy's keyboard has been acting up lately).
Re: Career Onslaught by Maisuya1: 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
if u can go for a masters please do,(but then u will be graduating at 30 with no expirience at all) take the job expirience and packaging is the key. use that as a steping stone to a better job.

i started with a job paying 25k, but now i work with a top global multinational that pays very very very and i mean very well. so take it.
Re: Career Onslaught by fakinbosola(m): 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
Guitarlife: well, i think you should make up your mind what you wanna do and stick to it. if its getting a job then you got to be really resolute about it cos i wouldn't lie to you things are some how in nigeria. i finished 2009 and immediately enrolled for my masters degree. am almost through now and i just started job hunting again. the truth is one of the most untapped areas and that is a little based on merit today in nigeria is the higher education sector especially the field of engineering. with all these universities springing up everyday, you can never go wrong with an higher academic degree so i always advice those who don't have people to 'leg them in' to consider higher degree and its better too if you are young. i am 26 years this year so just make up your mind what you wanna do and stick to it but be sure its what you wanna do. there are no certainties anywhere and especially in nigeria. may god guide you. (sorry for the poor capitalization, my lappy's keyboard has been acting up lately).

Thanks a lot for your response.
Its painful that merit don't have its place nowadays in Nigeria.
I think MSc is a better option but.....finance is key here.

Well I will keep my head up.

I know all shall be well.
Re: Career Onslaught by fakinbosola(m): 1:12pm On Apr 09, 2013
Mai-suya:
if u can go for a masters please do,(but then u will be graduating at 30 with no expirience at all) take the job expirience and packaging is the key. use that as a steping stone to a better job.

i started with a job paying 25k, but now i work with a top global multinational that pays very very very and i mean very well. so take it.

Hmmm... what a great inspiration!!! God Bless U.

Can u pls can help me with any CV format that may help me package the job function well to enhance a chance of getting a better job.

Furthermore can u help me with any contract/permanent unannounced vacancies in ur company or with your contractors...I will drop my personal email I'd if need be.

Thanks
I wait earnestly for your reply.

(1) (Reply)

EMPLOYERS: What Are Your Worst Interview Experiences. What Are Your No No's????? / Who Has Attended Krones Oral Interview Before? / Pls I Need A Lawyer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.