Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,999 members, 7,866,781 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:50 AM

The National Syndrome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The National Syndrome (432 Views)

Photos From The National Economic Council Meeting At The State House Yesterday / FG To Begin Campaign Against Indiscipline, African-time Syndrome — Lai Mohammed / Senators Receive Saudi Arabia Delegates At The National Assembly.. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The National Syndrome by ElDelicado: 12:14am On Apr 07, 2013
I call corruption a syndrome in our present state as it is going past the limit of revitalization. I for one have never seen a country so blessed and honored like my country Nigeria, we have all it takes to be the best nation in the world but certain factors have become more important to us than our strength, honor, unity and indeed our faith. Man of all is doing is nothing in that after all one achieves in life, no matter the time it takes one will still meet the inevitable (death).

It is only in this side of the world you will find someone who is ready and eager to kill another because of money, women or even pride. We are in a state of limbo about when, how and what will actually bring about a new face in our country. Really, what is this penchant for wealth and fame? Does it mean we take ourselves to be something special? When we were all created from clay & would eventually go back to clay. You see today, drive all the way to your neighboring villages, towns and states and the situation is same everywhere, why? We have deviated from God’s teachings. The average Nigerian is ready to seek fame and wealth from whatever angle possible because he wants to be noticed, appreciated and indeed glorified when man doesn’t even know how he passes through the night. A lot of people keep on saying “ALLOW THE YOUTHS TO CORRECT THE NATION” others say “KILL ALL THOSE IN POWER” but the truth is none of this is actually a remedy because in this present era, the youths are indeed worse than the elders and the children than the youths. Following this we find we collectively at the moment are nothing and will never be until and unless we wake up from our present slumber and see that there is more to life than amassing wealth, drinking, fornicating, partying and others which if are to be mentioned are unending. I remember vividly the news then when I was still a senior secondary school class one student that the wife of a certain man said that no matter the condition, her family would never be as poor as that of the famous business tycoon DANGOTE who was recently estimated to be 3 billion dollars in worth which when converted amounts to trillions of naira for just a man, am not against wealth but ill wealth and greed. The average Nigerian has sold his right to his greed and celebrates his shame as victory and really its that bad today that a fellow citizen would feel no remorse to say he wants to become a ritualist, as it is seen to become the easiest means of being rich, it has become that bad. The prophet of Islam Muhammad (SAW) said that wealth isn’t measured by the amount of cars, buildings and wives one has but the extent to which one is contented with the little one has. I remember weeping a certain time when I thought of our state of worries and saw no one being ready to take a drastic action against the now established law of corruption. The bible says that if the foundation be destroyed what can the righteous do but truly the righteous are not even ready to do anything as they are consumed in the regular dividends which they get from this unexplainable plague. What about a time when man used to take God as priority and his fellow human as himself, really we have lost respect for ourselves and no longer care about our fellow countrymen as we concentrate on being the best and never helping others achieve their goals. TRIBALISM, NEPOTISM, FAVOURITISM, and all the –ISMS have become our slogan. Instead of being united for good, instead of preparing a world where our generations to come would wish we never left we kill, cheat and fight ourselves.

And really my dear respected brothers and sisters, we are great individually and indeed mighty collectively. What we need is not wealth or fame but fulfillment, a recent analysis carried out by the university of Lagos showed that three (3) out of the about six (6) thousand admitted students were illegal applicants with this problems being specifically and interestingly caused by the parents as they forged results for them to gain admission into school with. Is that how we want to bring up people who will eventually lead this great nation? This of course is not the best we can do individually and collectively. I would urge every Nigerian to do what they know they can boldly beat their chest to say to their children in the nearest future that they contributed to the riddance of corruption from our great country Nigeria. In doing this we need to start developing ourselves individually before going out to preach this priceless message to our fellow countrymen. Let’s make it our goal to have a corruption free state, a country where truly God will reign and every one would care about the other like their life depends on it. Let us together bring might and worth to our country now that the time is still available because truly as we know when evil spreads it affects everyone both the good and the bad.

I want to say on this note that the only way to rid ourselves of this syndrome is to be rules governed, let’s obey the rules laid down for proper conduct because a society without rules is a society where success cannot be recorded. Let’s all today repent, think and indeed unite to create a world where Mr. A and Mr. B though having different parents cannot but love each other like they are same. The world isn’t small but we are. Let’s together impact our knowledge and contributions to the growth, development and freedom of every Nigerian and indeed the black man. God bless you, Nigeria, Africa and the world in general.

(1) (Reply)

Treat Boko Haram Like Niger Delta Militants - Emir & Chairman Of Zuru / Plateau Senator Says Northern Elite “insincere” Seeking Boko Haram Amnesty / Police Nab 5 Suspectednitel Cable Thievestweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.