Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,934 members, 7,866,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:28 PM

Was The Black Man Born With Chains? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was The Black Man Born With Chains? (458 Views)

APC Shouting CHAINS And We Heard CHANGE By Ben Murray / Seun Kuti: ''Bring Metuh In Chains Next Time'' / My Take On Biafra As An Igbo Man Born In Lagos And Married To A Lovely Osun Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Was The Black Man Born With Chains? by ElDelicado: 12:22am On Apr 07, 2013
This question might be very funny or rather foolish to some readers but really was the black man (every African) born with chains? I ask this question today because I am personally filled with pains for the fact that we (the black) globally are still slaves today who the whites think deserves no freedom and place in God’s blessings but is God a white man?

Back in time the whites used the blacks as tools to enrich themselves and indeed published us (the blacks) as slaves during the slave trade era. Was this because we looked so ugly or brainless or rather hopeless? Series of unanswerable questions about that era still run my mind. Though we fought for freedom from our colonial masters and rightfully got it but did we get total or momentous freedom because after carefully analyzing the trend of events in the world today I can say that we were never given freedom. No black man till date has absolute freedom in his/her home not to talk of elsewhere. Go online and see for yourselves just how the blacks are treated like nothing, the numbers in which they are killed daily without questions asked, why? Because we don’t value ourselves and have sold our freedom to men like ourselves. It becomes particularly interesting that before any one in African can go overseas one has to pass through unexplainable processes. Do the whites have to sit for exams before they are allowed into our countries? I don’t think so; do the whites ever get repatriated? I don’t think so; do the whites seek for jobs before they are given in our countries? I still don’t think so. Why are these questions all against us?

An average African sees no usefulness of another African, and never believes in the abilities of the other because we consider ourselves inferior, useless and indeed insignificant. We would rather flirt around with married and unmarried women, men and even immature children, we would rather steal, blame and even kill ourselves because we never think of our position globally and locally and see money, women, gambling, and pride as the hallmark of life while our knowledge, rights, honour and indeed being are being exploited right before our open eyes. Are we going to just sit down and watch other Africans being slaughtered and treated like their blood means nothing? We would be a ruined and meaningless society if we reserve ourselves to this.

The white though seem the world giants but when critically studied, their power is nothing without our contributions. Look at their places of excellence and you will indeed see that the blacks lead in that place and still they are treated with contempt and are restricted, why? It is simple because the black man takes money and other ephemeral issues more importantly than his integrity. We can change all that, we can be better than anyone we choose to be better than but we would in turn have to make some rewarding and unregrettably positive sacrifices like choosing to be fulfilled rather than be famous, caring about every other human being like oneself and indeed making peace with ourselves and God. All this we can do if we respect ourselves and unite to become a formidable force but locally and international.

And so dear respected brothers and sisters, Africa is not a bad and chained continent but the citizens are, we are and until we come together to clean this mess, until we begin to take ourselves more seriously our dear and beloved continent Africa will remain insignificant and dull before the other world forces. In doing this lets forget the money we might lose, the stress we might pass through and indeed the humiliation we might be subjected to because a freedom got without trials is more of an imprisonment. Let us begin to train ourselves, family, friends and indeed the public for this change because Africans are great individually and mighty collectively. Let us make Africa a better place because we can. Long live Africa and indeed its inhabitants. Based on all this related facts, the black man was never born with chains and truly needs to prevent any attempt by anyone to ever try to chain him because God created all men equal and so we are freeeeeeee! God bless Africa.

(1) (Reply)

United In Darkness By PHCN. / Northern Governors Want Amnesty Committee To Include Hundreds / APC Will Not Change Name, Acronym- Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.