Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor (13651 Views)

Boko Haram Is Wounded And Dangerous - Yahoo News / Fulani Herdsmen Working For Boko Haram – Falae / This Is Wickedness! See Amaechi In Dustbin(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by kaze4blues(m): 4:52am On Apr 07, 2013
Planned amnesty is wickedness - Oritsejafor

The President, Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, has said it will be an act of wickedness, if President Goodluck Jonathan declares amnesty for Boko Haram.

Oritsejafor said the pardon could only be granted when members of the sect admitted their wrongdoings. He queried what would be the fate of the victims of the sect’s insurgencies, should its members be allowed to escape prosecution.

While addressing journalists at the 80th birthday ceremony of the President, Apostolic Church of Nigeria, Pastor Gabriel Oladele Olutola, in Lagos, the CAN president warned that Jonathan should not toy with the future of Nigeria by trading off its security on the altar of politics.

He said, “I don’t know his ambition for second term because I am not a politician; I am a pastor. But that (amnesty) would be wicked. I don’t see why he would have to do that and I don’t see why he would have to consider that because we are facing a very serious situation in Nigeria.

“Let us not turn this situation into politics. Let’s face it for what it is. The security of the people is the number one responsibility of the President. And I think at this point, Jonathan must wake up and just face it and do what he has to do. But these people who are putting pressure on him left and right, may God help them and deliver Nigeria from their hands. Nigeria I believe would be safe.”

He said the claim that poverty was the cause of the insurgency was not true. He queried where the sect got funds to acquire weapons and why it attacked churches and schools. He added that those who made the claim might have connections with the sect.

He argued that the insurgency should not be likened to Niger Delta militancy. According to him, the Niger Delta militants fought for their neglect and survival. He added that their leaders came to the public to make their grievances known.

“The reality is that you cannot equate those two instances. How many mosques were burnt in Warri or Port Harcourt? Can you tell me one? Young boys didn’t come on the streets to start shooting and killing people in the market. I’m from Warri, the Central Mosque is in the centre of our town. It has been there all these years. Nobody touched it.”

He said northern leaders should have emulated South-South leaders by identifying leaders of the sect and leading them to Jonathan to seek amnesty. He said the amnesty, if declared, would be like putting the cart before the horse.

The CAN boss carpeted Sheikh Abubakar Gumi over his Facebook comment on Jesus Christ. He called on the government to call the Islamic scholar and former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mr. Nasir El-Rufai, to order over their alleged incitements.

Gumi had reportedly said in the post that Jesus did not die after his crucifixion but only went into coma.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/latest-addition/270067-planned-amnesty-is-wickedness-oritsejafor.html?utm_medium=facebook

I think I agree with oritsejeafor on this.

Granting amnesty to bh is like the government open her arms and glady embraced terrorism.

How on earth will u grant amnesty to terrorists?
That means gej is trading the lives of nigerians with politics.
Bh members re d victors in this case since they have been pardoned after commiting heinous acts against the country.

Soonest, other groups will emerge and make outrageous demands knowin d fg will eventually succumb to their demands.

Its not easy to have a clueless one as president.

9 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Gamji007: 5:23am On Apr 07, 2013
The good for nothing CAN president is out of hibernation. cheesy
I missed his irresponsible comments.

Anything idea that will bring peace to the country is welcome.

I have said it several times, any iddiot that won't provide an alternative solution order than amnesty to boko haram crisis should shut the fvck up.

10 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Chubhie: 5:48am On Apr 07, 2013
Gamji007: The good for nothing CAN president is out of hibernation. cheesy

I have said it several times, any iddiot that won't provide an alternative solution order than amnesty to boko haram crisis should shut the fvck up.

Harsh and wise home truth.

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 07, 2013
Oritsejafor is a classic case of better be late than never. Comment on point. GEJ should not commit political suicide.

9 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by okosodo: 5:58am On Apr 07, 2013
Any beast that supports the nonsense they call amnesty should die

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Sealeddeal(m): 6:24am On Apr 07, 2013
Amnesty before dialogue is a direct declaration of weakness.its equally 'putting the cart before the horse'. I believe in peaceful resolution to boko haram crisis as well as doing it stepwise. Boko haram should be identified and they should engage govt in dialogue for amnesty to be declared.if this is not done that way,i doubt the possibility of solving the boko haram problem and the perception it will elicit to an average nigerian.There are about two factions of boko haram and if govt fail to identify the group that want to dialogue,it may end up giving amnesty to one group while the other continue the campaign of massive destruction of christians and nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by luvinhubby(m): 6:32am On Apr 07, 2013
Pastor Oritsejafor is right, there is a difference between agitation & insurgency, in one you DIALOGUE and in the other you CRUSH. Amnesty for murderers & irresponsible terrorists who bombed & murdered innocent people, including women and children aimlessly is wickedness.
The Northern elders started the clamour for amnesty when it was obvious that table has turned against BH.
GEJ is bowing for 2015

7 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by luvinhubby(m): 6:34am On Apr 07, 2013

I have said it several times, any iddiot that won't provide an alternative solution order than

And can you have peace without JUSTICE. Grow up!!

7 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by clip: 6:38am On Apr 07, 2013
Please note, I am not in support of amnesty for Boko Haram. But the question is, what alternative do we have as a country to solve this problem?
Let us provide alternative solution.
Contributions needed.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Ogundale(m): 7:03am On Apr 07, 2013
Sealeddeal: Amnesty before dialogue is a direct declaration of weakness.its equally 'putting the cart before the horse'. I believe in peaceful resolution to boko haram crisis as well as doing it stepwise. Boko haram should be identified and they should engage govt in dialogue for amnesty to be declared.if this is not done that way,i doubt the possibility of solving the boko haram problem and the perception it will elicit to an average nigerian.There are about two factions of boko haram and if govt fail to identify the group that want to dialogue,it may end up giving amnesty to one group while the other continue the campaign of massive destruction of christians and nigerians.
on point.

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Maxymilliano(m): 7:46am On Apr 07, 2013
Hard as I want to believe the President is bowing to pressures in considering amnesty to boko haram and the likes, it will be like spitting on the grave of the dead if the 'supposed' killers are granted State pardon with compensation for taking up arms killing and maiming innocent and law abiding citizens.

Going further to set up an amnesty committee to work out appropriate modalities and conditions without the inclusion of people that were at the receiving end of brutal attacks, like Rev. Jerome Ituah, who under his watch boko haram destroyed 50 of the Catholic Churches out of 52 in Maiduguri diocese shows insensitivity on the part of the President and at best scratching the surface to appease sectional interest.

Still waiting to know the conditions that'll be prescribed for boko haram arms-surrendering to know if it will be morning yet on creation day, but if it is the much anticipated soft landing for all the low lifers paraded as boko haram, the President will be setting a complicated and odious precedence with attendant chain reactions

9 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by kaze4blues(m): 8:00am On Apr 07, 2013
clip: Please note, I am not in support of amnesty for Boko Haram. But the question is, what alternative do we have as a country to solve this problem?
Contributions needed.

In as much as these bh fools re set of faceless individuals, grantin amnesty to them is lik pattin dem on d back.
Thousands of ppl have been victims of their inhuman behavior.

3 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by iykak47: 8:17am On Apr 07, 2013
If Pastor Oritsejafor could say this in public, it means Oga Joe is gradually standing alone. If he grants amnesty to those heartless killers, I'm one of his supporters who will adopt siddon look approach.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by vanunu: 8:36am On Apr 07, 2013
The Oga at the top just told me last night that he knows quite well that amnesty will not work and that he is not an ode.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by mekaboy(m): 8:40am On Apr 07, 2013

Don't be a fool,amnesty will bring more bloodshed than what we r experiencing now.it cld lead to violent division of this country across religious regions.

Boko haram is religious and you don't know what people can do when u mess with their faith. When the christians are pushed to the wall, there will be no peace in nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by takedat(m): 9:05am On Apr 07, 2013
Most anti-amnesty advocates are yet to proffer an alternative solution. The president had at a time declared partial State Of Emergency in BH affected states, yet it didn't bring an end to the menace. The JTF were deployed to those states, yet it hasn't abated the senseless killings rather it has fuelled it further. All the strategies employed to tackle BH have failed to achieve the desired result! I believe the proponents of amnesty already know those whom to dialogue with among the BH leaders, and the amnesty offer from the president is just to show the sincerity of government. Any strategy employed to prevent further carnage should be welcomed eventhough it may distasteful. The planned amnesty is wickedness, but the truth is, an unjust peace is better than a just war!

The only alternative to amnesty for now is either to impeach the president and his vice or wait till 2015 to vote in a strong-willed leadership who doesn't care whose ox is gored. The present leadership knows the real kingpins behind BH but are scared to prosecute them instead they have opted for the easy way out which is amnesty!

3 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by oshyno(m): 9:08am On Apr 07, 2013
Granting amnesty to BH is to say the least despicable and a slap on the victims. The whole killing is about politics and granting them amnesty is like GEJ telling the Notherners I surrender to ur pressure plzz 4give me and allow me do anoda term. Y hasnt he declared state of emergency on dat state. Put in a military administrator n watch hw oda states will wake up to their slumber or are they nt collecting security vote. What do they use it for. Nobody knows a state more than d governors. The governors hv traditional rulers who leave amongst these terrorists.

Me think GEJ shud use iron fist on dis mofos. Make d state a leaving hell if d governors dont want t help. Grow some balls Gej. Grow some balls. Deal with dis North n dia born t rule attitude or we will keep seeing dis weneva d table turns against dem.

9 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by ChimaAdeoye: 9:12am On Apr 07, 2013
The planned amnesty for a group still killing Nigerians and security agent, and yet to renounce violence is a reckless dangerous move by the government. This issue should be handled with utmost care and those BH found to have authorized the killing of Nigerians and security agents must face the law. I am begging the President to avoid this trap of amnesty which could trigger more killings in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by mekaboy(m): 9:12am On Apr 07, 2013
take dat: Most anti-amnesty advocates are yet to proffer an alternative solution. The president had at a time declared partial State Of Emergency in BH affected states, yet it didn't bring an end to the menace. The JTF were deployed to those states, yet it hasn't abated the senseless killings rather it has fuelled it further. All the strategies employed to tackled BH have failed to achieve the desired result! I believe the proponents of amnesty already know those whom to dialogue with among the BH leaders, and the amnesty offer from the president is just to show the sincerity of government. Any strategy employed to prevent further carnage should be welcomed eventhough it may distasteful. The planned amnesty is wickedness, but the truth is, an unjust peace is better than a just war!

The only alternative to amnesty for now is either to impeach the president and his vice or wait till 2015 to vote in a strong-willed leadership who doesn't care whose ox is gored. The present leadership knows the real kingpins behind BH but are scared to prosecute them instead they have opted for the easy way out which is amnesty!

The same northern elders cried until the state of emergency was called off. I am more afraid of the effect of this amnesty in nigeria than what boko haram is doing now.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by takedat(m): 9:23am On Apr 07, 2013
mekaboy:

The same northern elders cried until the state of emergency was called off. I am more afraid of the effect of this amnesty in nigeria than what boko haram is doing now.
That is why we need a sovereign national conference and a president who is not a doormat!
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by bodejohn(m): 10:16am On Apr 07, 2013
We were told not long ago by the government that we were winning the war against these insurgents.
How come we want to throw in the towel in a game we are sure of winning.
All i want to say is that it is either we were not told the truth before or someone is trying to steal money again...it just doesn't add up...that's all.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Emperor007: 10:31am On Apr 07, 2013
clip: Please note, I am not in support of amnesty for Boko Haram. But the question is, what alternative do we have as a country to solve this problem?
Contributions needed.

^^^

The only solution is , JUSTICE.

Or Sovereign National Conference

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Gamji007: 10:37am On Apr 07, 2013
luvinhubby:
And can you have peace without JUSTICE. Grow up!!

O.K grand pa! Can you please tell us the justice that was done to the victims of ND millitancy when amnesty was granted to the millitants?

Can you also please advice on a possible solution to boko haram crisis?

3 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Gamji007: 10:40am On Apr 07, 2013
mekaboy:

Don't be a fool,amnesty will bring more bloodshed than what we r experiencing now.it cld lead to violent division of this country across religious regions.

Boko haram is religious and you don't know what people can do when u mess with their faith. When the christians are pushed to the wall, there will be no peace in nigeria.

O.k Mr.Smart!Can you please provide us with a reasonable solution?

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 07, 2013
kaze4blues: Planned amnesty is wickedness - Oritsejafor

The President, Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, has said it will be an act of wickedness, if President Goodluck Jonathan declares amnesty for Boko Haram.

Oritsejafor said the pardon could only be granted when members of the sect admitted their wrongdoings. He queried what would be the fate of the victims of the sect’s insurgencies, should its members be allowed to escape prosecution.

While addressing journalists at the 80th birthday ceremony of the President, Apostolic Church of Nigeria, Pastor Gabriel Oladele Olutola, in Lagos, the CAN president warned that Jonathan should not toy with the future of Nigeria by trading off its security on the altar of politics.

He said, “I don’t know his ambition for second term because I am not a politician; I am a pastor. But that (amnesty) would be wicked. I don’t see why he would have to do that and I don’t see why he would have to consider that because we are facing a very serious situation in Nigeria.

“Let us not turn this situation into politics. Let’s face it for what it is. The security of the people is the number one responsibility of the President. And I think at this point, Jonathan must wake up and just face it and do what he has to do. But these people who are putting pressure on him left and right, may God help them and deliver Nigeria from their hands. Nigeria I believe would be safe.”

He said the claim that poverty was the cause of the insurgency was not true. He queried where the sect got funds to acquire weapons and why it attacked churches and schools. He added that those who made the claim might have connections with the sect.

He argued that the insurgency should not be likened to Niger Delta militancy. According to him, the Niger Delta militants fought for their neglect and survival. He added that their leaders came to the public to make their grievances known.

“The reality is that you cannot equate those two instances. How many mosques were burnt in Warri or Port Harcourt? Can you tell me one? Young boys didn’t come on the streets to start shooting and killing people in the market. I’m from Warri, the Central Mosque is in the centre of our town. It has been there all these years. Nobody touched it.”

He said northern leaders should have emulated South-South leaders by identifying leaders of the sect and leading them to Jonathan to seek amnesty. He said the amnesty, if declared, would be like putting the cart before the horse.

The CAN boss carpeted Sheikh Abubakar Gumi over his Facebook comment on Jesus Christ. He called on the government to call the Islamic scholar and former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mr. Nasir El-Rufai, to order over their alleged incitements.

Gumi had reportedly said in the post that Jesus did not die after his crucifixion but only went into coma.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/latest-addition/270067-planned-amnesty-is-wickedness-oritsejafor.html?utm_medium=facebook

I think I agree with oritsejeafor on this.

Granting amnesty to bh is like the government open her arms and glady embraced terrorism.

How on earth will u grant amnesty to terrorists?
That means gej is trading the lives of nigerians with politics.
Bh members re d victors in this case since they have been pardoned after commiting heinous acts against the country.

Soonest, other groups will emerge and make outrageous demands knowin d fg will eventually succumb to their demands.

Its not easy to have a clueless one as president.

i wish i was given the chance to terminate this boko haram sect.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by RealMccoy2(m): 10:54am On Apr 07, 2013
Boko Haram should be giving oil block as part of the amnesty deal. Picture a rag head islamist drilling for oil in his islamic robe, that photograph will make it to Time Magazine picture of the year.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by otokx(m): 10:55am On Apr 07, 2013
Is he just waking up? Tot he had handed over.
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by dridowu: 10:56am On Apr 07, 2013
I dnt care what any pastor say, if amnesty wil stop blood, dn let go wil amnesty.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 07, 2013
okosodo: Any beast that supports the nonsense they call amnesty should die

Exactly!!!
Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by Ama28(f): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2013
For the first time I find myself in the same camp with Oritsejafor!

The definition of this amnesty move is no value for life and lawlessness.
What is the basis for this move?

It has all the wrong connotations!
This issue is so disheartening. It looks like terrorism is a lucrative business indeed! How can we grant amnesty to faceless people. Let them indicate themselves and accept the mayhem they have caused Nigeria as a nation. This Amnesty talk is a slap on democracy and our basic human rights to life and peace of mind.

It shouldn't come up at all. The president hasn't even mention any form of compensation to the victims! And families that has lost their breadwinners, source of livehood and homes! Thousands of families are still displaced!

If they say poverty is the cause of terrorism then let them release everyone in prison because poverty should be blamed for their crime!

Politics or not, Mr Jonathan is threading on a dangerous ground!

1 Like

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by UncleJJ(m): 11:03am On Apr 07, 2013
Most of the so called intelligent guys here a merely echoing words they heard others speak or read.

Can anyone of the anti-amnesty folk sit down and write a simple solution to the boko haram issue. As at now, our president has said the following ...

1. Boko haram is in the govt.
2. Boko haram are ghost.
3. Boko haram are not muslim's

And the following statements or action have been made :

Azazi - Boko haram is pdp

Recently Boko haram suspects where found in an alledged property of the Bayelsa state govt.

Gen Obasanjo has consistently advocated for the carrot and stick approach

GEJ wants to contest for second term and it is said that Boko haram rose up in opposition for the second-term run by the incumbent .

Over 2000 souls have been lost, eventhough ibo land consistently claims the attacks are against them. We all know, atleast those of us who have travelled around this country and have friends or business associate's in such area's can attest to the fact that more northerners (muslim and christian) have lost lives and properties in this senseless battle.

Also, the real boko haram died along with Mohammed Yusuf - we all know that. Several factions of Boko haram have come up with information or claims and counter claims - hence we are sure boko haram has species.

[size=18pt]Therefore:[/size]

Is it not logical that the president throws away ethnic bigotry and tribalism, including religionism (if there is such a word). A grab the bull by the horns, to find a lasting solution to this issue which has affected Nigeria as a nation and not as geo-political parts.

Amnesty is a means to an end and if it works, would the dead not also rejoice that their fellow loved ones lives will be saved and not join them in the eternal abyss.

Would the business man not rejoice that someday he may have the chance to return to his once flourish business that helped him build that gigantic mansion in his fathers land.

Children will return to school and the government will concentrate on other issue's which led to such insurgency.

Issue's like, poverty, education, security, infrastructure and implementation of programmes.

Nigeria we need to move forward. Oritsejafor has failed the credibility test several times and i suggest - he and sheik Gumi should be seriously cautioned for meddling on political affairs.

Atleast, i know religious clerics have no permission to join politics - they can offer prayers for peace and beg for ceasefire but to stand up and incite the populace is wrong and an abuse on the christian religion.

6 Likes

Re: Amnesty For Boko Haram Is Wickedness - Oritsejafor by naptu2: 11:09am On Apr 07, 2013
1) Didn't Christ preach forgiveness?

2) Has anybody said that the amnesty, if it is indeed granted, would be unconditional and would apply to all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Insists On Power To Intervene In Innoson, Gtbank Dispute / APC Passes Vote Of Confidence On Oshiomhole, NWC / PDP May Counter Southern Govs On Zoning, Throw Presidential Ticket Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.