Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Loss Of Car Remote Control. Can It Be Replaced? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Loss Of Car Remote Control. Can It Be Replaced? (1725 Views)

Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues / Push Button Electric Car Jack,Electric WheelSpanner, Electric Tyre Air Pump 7/17 / Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loss Of Car Remote Control. Can It Be Replaced? by reality4us(m): 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2008
My wife took my children out during Easter and unfortunately misplaced the remote control of her Pathfinder Jeep. All efforts to find it proved abortive.

The car was bought/shipped into the country from USA in August 2006. I plan contacting the manufacturers in USA to see if I can get another remote from them. But before doing that , I need advise from experts in the house.
Re: Loss Of Car Remote Control. Can It Be Replaced? by jidex89200(m): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2008
Yes, it can be replaced and it depends on the year of the car. Car from 2000 and up (a guess) are now really complicated in key making and expensive to. I went to make a remote key for a 2005 Toyota Sequoia, it cost me about $800 and also, the car has to accompany you to the car dealership because if you take the key alone, it cannot be made because the remote has to be programmed.
Re: Loss Of Car Remote Control. Can It Be Replaced? by reality4us(m): 3:18pm On Apr 04, 2008
Thanks for the reply but unfortunately the car is in Nigeria now and I was thinking that the manufacturers may just need some informatiion from me about the car and with it get another remote. Another option is to go to any Nissan brand new car dealers in Nigeria and see if they can be off help.

The car is 1998 model.
Re: Loss Of Car Remote Control. Can It Be Replaced? by begood1: 5:32pm On Apr 04, 2008
@poster
dont u think the the remote access should be blocked or something like that?
what of if some picks the lost remote and start testing it on cars,
your wife may end up losing the car.
think wise
Re: Loss Of Car Remote Control. Can It Be Replaced? by reality4us(m): 11:28am On Apr 05, 2008
@begood1,
God forbid sha but I will see what can be done if I can't get a replacement.
Re: Loss Of Car Remote Control. Can It Be Replaced? by begood1: 11:46am On Apr 08, 2008
reality4us:

@begood1,
God forbid sha but I will see what can be done if I can't get a replacement.
God forbid too
but thats reality4u

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Vw Tiguan / Bring In The Table&chair: Pour The Wine 2009 Toyota Camry Xle: Imagine Luxury / Up For Grabs! 2002 Honda Crv, 6cd Loader, Alloy Wheels, Leather/fabric Seats.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.