Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp (9478 Views)

Cortana Vs Siri Vs Google Now Vs Blackberry Assistant - Fight! / Samsung Vs Google: A New War In Mobile? / Apple Ios 5 Vs Google Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by MiloRambaldi(m): 9:56am On Apr 08, 2013
Silly BlackBerry, if only they had opened BBM to other platforms. With whatspp going to either Facebook or Google, better days ahead for Whatsapp.
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by wisestman(m): 9:59am On Apr 08, 2013
come to think of it.....are there not genuises among the 1042643 members to give us a nairaland app dt wld link us directly instead of using the web addy always

1 Like

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by haysal(m): 10:01am On Apr 08, 2013
K
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by infobiz9ja(m): 10:04am On Apr 08, 2013
DonHummer:
Una jst de find seun trouble dis dayz...one day the guy go jst vex ban nairaland...
Lol if i hear say Seun close down Nairaland... You dont kill the Goose that lays d golden egg, its just like saying Linda Ikeji should stop blogging...very unlikely. @infobiz9ja
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by chukkynwob(m): 10:06am On Apr 08, 2013
eklassical: i really think Whatsapp should just keep improving . facebook, google, n d rest of them are all scavengers, they indirectly steal ur idea by paying u stipends (forget d billions jor) and they earn more by remodelizing n adding it to their basket of Apps!!

IT IS CALLED BUSINESS

1 Like

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by infobiz9ja(m): 10:11am On Apr 08, 2013
wisestman: come to think of it.....are there not genuises among the 1042643 members to give us a nairaland app dt wld link us directly instead of using the web addy always
As soon as Seun gives d go ahead i will execute the project. Nice suggestion bro.
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by linkin8k(m): 10:12am On Apr 08, 2013
jonsin: I'm undecided about this one,because whatsapp is one of the few messaging platform that has kept to the standard over the years and i'm a bit skeptical if facebook (due to their frequent security issues) or google (due to their over zealousness on monopoly) would be able to keep up with the standard.Someone answer me this,why would they want to sell out?

MONEY!!!! Major one!! They are not making much from it right now as most users have never paid the subscription fee plus there's no ad on whatsapp.
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by bigfat08: 10:13am On Apr 08, 2013
[size=15pt]and the winner is ?[/size]

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by badassnigga(m): 10:18am On Apr 08, 2013
kenlash1: I'd go wif google cos it wll be beta integrated in android nd it wld be more like an android application. IMO

any one that buy it will b okay. Facebook regularly update and upgrade its applications for android .in fact d gain will b greater for iPhones and android than other platform
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by prettyboi1(m): 10:43am On Apr 08, 2013
Whatsapp is already so good on its own,but between Facebook & Google acquiring it? Is definitely prefer Google.
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by FXKing2012(m): 10:44am On Apr 08, 2013
How does whatsapp generate revenue? And who owns whatsapp?

If I were the owner of whatsapp I'd sell for $2 billion dollars and then retire like the creators of youtube.
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by esere826: 10:44am On Apr 08, 2013
The minute any of those guys buy whatsapp
I'll quit the app.
I really dont want my data exposed to the entire world
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by jasgold1: 10:48am On Apr 08, 2013
grinI like whatsapp just the way it is. with out those meddling vultures
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by ChiSun27(m): 10:59am On Apr 08, 2013
kponke denge: Wat stops Nairaland 4rm acquiring it sad

shey u c d amount wey dem tag for d thng?
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by wonlasewonimi: 11:04am On Apr 08, 2013
kponke denge: Wat stops Nairaland 4rm acquiring it sad

You want sexkillz and pyguru to ban all users?
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by pekelepekele(m): 11:15am On Apr 08, 2013
$1billion hmm no be small money oo Jesu gba wa oo
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by aieromon(m): 11:29am On Apr 08, 2013
Google=Open source.

I don't have time to open a facebook account.
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by ciphoenix: 11:42am On Apr 08, 2013
wisestman: come to think of it.....are there not genuises among the 1042643 members to give us a nairaland app dt wld link us directly instead of using the web addy always
there are reasons nairaland can, but 
will never have an app
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by ciphoenix: 11:43am On Apr 08, 2013
infobiz9ja: As soon as Seun gives d go ahead i will execute the project. Nice suggestion bro.
there's an app already,
though it was never official
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by Dreamsinbc(f): 11:51am On Apr 08, 2013
Google! But that might signal the demise of Blackberry. The main reason people still buy BB is because it's a smoother messenger than Whatsapp. I'm sure that is people could get a BBM like messenger on Nokia, bye bye to Blackberry. And you can bet Google will do just that to Whatsapp.
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by miqos02(m): 11:53am On Apr 08, 2013
whatsapp should be on their own
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by Walphem(m): 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
whatsapp been on its own is the best, the encroachment of facebook will kill it in no time becos of commercialization, while Google will make it just a hype with money relevance and maybe too complicated for people to use. but for now, whatsapp is my top app on my device
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by Jdesilentkiller(m): 12:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
Na so FB aquired and destroyed Snaptu. I loved snaptu so muuch.

1 Like

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by moppie123(m): 12:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
Nairaland will buy 2go grin
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by guyX(m): 1:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
IF GOOGLE BUYS IT, IT WILL ONLY FUNCTION ON ANDROID OS SINCE THEY ARE THE OWNERS. FACEBOOK IS THE BETTER OF TWO EVILS. GOOGLE WILL KNOCK OF OTHER OS WITH IT. BUT IT'S BETTER WHATSAPP IS CONTROLLED BY IT'S REAL OWNERS, WHATSAPP INC. THANK...YOU
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by mavtrevor(m): 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2013
No one is spending $1 Billion for fun....any one who spends that kinda money will wanna make profit out of it. SIMPLE!
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by An0nimus: 1:35pm On Apr 08, 2013
DonHummer:
Una jst de find seun trouble dis dayz...one day the guy go jst vex ban nairaland...
gringringrin
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by An0nimus: 1:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
esere826: The minute any of those guys buy whatsapp
I'll quit the app.
I really dont want my data exposed to the entire world
That awkward moment when someone clicks 'like' on your chat history or you see stuff like 'this person has been chatting with this person' wink

1 Like

Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by mavtrevor(m): 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2013
Facebook will really abuse user's privacy....lolz
Re: Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp by claycares: 4:38pm On Apr 08, 2013
Oust15: With the release of the new Facebook Home, it will solidify their stronghold.

Facebook Home nah just launcher/widget be dat. Wait make dem release Key Lime Pie, Android guys will undo Home.

Google all the way. At least Google respects privacy than Facebook.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olx Is Rejecting My Ads / Finally: Root For The Infinix Zero 2/16gb Edition / Request For Your Offline Nokia Firmware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.