Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha (7121 Views)

Stolen Funds: No Plea Bargain — FG / My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose / Presidency Is South-south Property, Says Alamieyeseigha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by Maxymilliano(m): 6:51am On Apr 08, 2013
CHIEF Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, former governor of Bayelsa State, has said that the state pardon recently granted him by President Goodluck Jonathan was part the plea bargain between him and the Federal Government, then headed by Umaru Yar’Adua.

In an interview published in the April current edition of the London based NewsAfrica magazine, Chief Alamieyeseigha said his own part was to deliver on peace in the Niger Delta by convincing the militants to accept the Federal Government’s amnesty programme. And this he did. I convinced the militants to accept the FG’s amnesty and I have not stopped ever since. The country owes the peace in the Niger Delta partly to my efforts. Till today, every day, I get one report or the other and I intervene because they all see me as their father, leader and governor general”.

This pardon did not start from Goodluck (President Jonathan). It was part of the agreement with the government. Because Goodluck knows the story from the beginning, he was just carrying out part of an existing agreement’. He said he was prepared to fight the corruption charges against him to the end but accepted the plea bargain for three reasons (which he had also said in the court then before the judge passed the sentence}: ‘one because of my age and deteriorating health; two because of the escalating violence in the Niger Delta, the loss of the lives of the youth protesting that I had to be released’.
The third reason was that he saw Yar”adua as a man of integrity.

Speaking for the first time on the plea bargain which saw him plead guilty without spending a single day in jail in 2008, Alamieyeseigha said he was in Dubai on medical treatment when Nuhu Ribadu, the then chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) generated a letter purportedly from the government that he ’was persona non grata and planned to overthrow the government of Nigeria”.

The allegation came about after five of his former colleagues and Atiku Abubakar, the former Vice President, visited him at the hospital. The Federal Government then sent security men to whisk him back to Nigeria and straight to the EFCC cell, although he was in the middle of his medical treatment.

“I could not even walk because I had a metal implant in my groin’. He said: “Ribadu said he did not care if he died there.

The following night, Ibrahim Lamorde, (the present EFCC boss) brought a phone to me and said it was President Yar’Adua who wanted to speak to me. He (Yar’Adua) said ‘Ginuwa (his traditional title in Katsina), I cannot be President and see you die because they will kill you. I am the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria not Olusegun Obasanjo (anymore).

The information available to me suggests that they will kill you. So come out. Do not contest anything’. Asked by the magazine who he thought the ‘they’ were, he responded ‘forces in government’.

According to Alamieyeseigha, Yar’Adua, promised him that ‘you are not going to spend one day in prison. I will give you pardon. Come out and help solve the Niger Delta problem. But I know how stubborn and difficult you are when you believe in something. So, I am going to send your younger brother (Goodluck Jonathan) the Vice President to you: to speak to you and to convey my decision’.

The former governor said the Vice President came following day and was shocked to see his state of health: ‘He (Jonathan) made a statement, “This is the man in this state that wants to overthrow the government of Nigeria? He conveyed Yar’Adua message. I slept over what the President and the Vice President said and I felt they were making sense’.

On why Yar’Adua did not give him the pardon before he died, Alamieyeseigha said the then President had asked him to apply but the political forces against him then generated a security report that he was paired with Atiku to contest the 2011 election against Yar’Adua and Jonathan.

“They advised him to step it down till the duo got their nominations from the PDP.

“I laughed because there was no way under the heaven that I could contest election against my younger brother, Goodluck Jonathan.”

http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=12362

Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by Demdem(m): 6:56am On Apr 08, 2013
Crap.

2 Likes

Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by Burger01(m): 7:05am On Apr 08, 2013
Olee.. Thief. You should even be jailed for life. Plea bargain ko death bargain ni. People like you and your cohorts are the reasons this country won't develop.... sad

2 Likes

Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by mrman2(m): 7:13am On Apr 08, 2013
This man shld be shot in the ballz and crucified upside down.

1 Like

Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 08, 2013
Sadly,a dead man cannot defend himself,I pity late Yardur on this one. This man is proud to say that militants would have killed on his behalf if Yardua had not had an accord with him to use his influence as Governor General of criminals to convince MEND to accept amnesty. Well one day one day the whistle must be blown and we shall see who and who that would cry. I am not against the pardon you got because I can't question mr president but for you to tell us that OBJ wanted to kill you as if you were not guilty of the charges brought up against you that very year beats my imagination. There is a need for alarm in Nigeria !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by ochukoccna: 7:41am On Apr 08, 2013
Demdem: Crap.
You can say that again

chiover: Sadly,a dead man cannot defend himself,I pity late Yardur on this one. This man is proud to say that militants would have killed on his behalf if Yardua had not had an accord with him to use his influence as Governor General of criminals to convince MEND to accept amnesty. Well one day one day the whistle must be blown and we shall see who and who that would cry. I am not against the pardon you got because I can't question mr president but for you to tell us that OBJ wanted to kill you as if you were not guilty of the charges brought up against you that very year beats my imagination. There is a need for alarm in Nigeria !!!!!
Even if Yaradua is long gone,ddn't he have an attorney general?
Were state affairs conducted by word of mouth or do no official documents exist to shoot holes through tbe Ijo crap he and Mr cassava bread have been trying to feed us with? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by dridowu: 8:19am On Apr 08, 2013
If he is so sure of himself, dn let him go to UK, na free rent dy go gve am.
Thief Ole Barawo Banza
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 08, 2013
You should be in jail, thief!

Go to the UK and tell them this crap!
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by Okijajuju1(m): 9:10am On Apr 08, 2013
WTF!!!

Thats not a Plea bargain but a hustle.. angry

Anyways, I really dont care anymore..
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by lightheart(m): 9:12am On Apr 08, 2013
These stories from old men shame me *sad face*
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by slimfit1(m): 9:13am On Apr 08, 2013
Only the south South would have people like him as leaders, he is not different from book Hiram.
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by ddeola: 9:15am On Apr 08, 2013
I dey laff ! grin grin grin
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 08, 2013
u na the hear am nw abi! U na nogo knw anytin b4 una gede juge.. Him tif una money? U na governor governors wey d tif una don cus them?GOD punish anybody idiot wey insult alam.
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by kponkedenge(m): 9:18am On Apr 08, 2013
Ok we don hear.

13th 2 coment by d way
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by Benjacky: 9:21am On Apr 08, 2013
Meanwhile policemen were killed recently
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 08, 2013
Jonathan is nothing to write about for now. Alamieyeseigha
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by sherrylo: 9:24am On Apr 08, 2013
alam,alam see swag. Anyways you need am.
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by cama: 9:24am On Apr 08, 2013
"They see m
e as their father" that Is why they are militants mums man.
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by blackbeau1(f): 9:24am On Apr 08, 2013
Story story...
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by jadakiss213(m): 9:27am On Apr 08, 2013
I dont want to dwell on on d morality or otherwise of this issue.but its a well known fact Alamco helped in bringing peace to the ND a la Amnesty.i want to believe alams on ds.He and Yaradua were so close as governors,that Alams was turbaned Guwanin Katsina..If GEJ had a chance,he wldnt mind using Alimodu Sherrif to negotiate wt d BH even if d latter is a convicted financial criminal.
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by Tolexander: 9:27am On Apr 08, 2013
Alamiesegha is a shameless Idiot.
Just because Umar Yaradua is dead, that is the reason why he felt he could just make a lie out of him to justify the God forsaken pardon.
How i wish the dead has a way of inflicting something like a chicken pox or a slap on any lie against it.
Why can't he indict Obasanjo or Atiku in the saga of course the crime was committed during their tenure..
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by Biggyd2: 9:28am On Apr 08, 2013
We should give this man a standing ovation abeg. grin Kai, we don suffer for dis country sha.

After all your amnesty talk with the militants, why have they started killing again? For those who think that by throwing money at some terrorists up North and telling them that they should go home and sin no more, learn from what is going on in the SS presently. When you stop giving them what they or their controllers want, they would continue from where they stopped. wink
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 08, 2013
This is rubbish
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by zaza1(m): 9:30am On Apr 08, 2013
uupgrade: u na the hear am nw abi! U na nogo knw anytin b4 una gede juge.. Him tif una money? U na governor governors wey d tif una don cus them?GOD punish anybody idiot wey insult alam.

People like u are the problem Nigeria has..u don't know the difference between right and wrong anymore.Why didnt Abati say this before,or Okupe..the spin doctors have brought another story and like the true tribalist u are u believe it or choose to act like you do not know the man is a thief because u r from the South South.

God help us in this country
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by tgbaba(m): 9:33am On Apr 08, 2013
Bullshit undecided
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by doctokwus: 9:35am On Apr 08, 2013
This story is so crappy and crudely contructed that its annoying.If despite d long time he has had btw d pardon& now to dfend it,this is d best he cud come wt,den d pardon was indeed unjustified& his tale makes one doubt further d so called plea bargain he had wt Yar Adua.Thank God,Ribadu is still alive,am sure he wud av a lot to say to puncture this tissue of lies frm Alams
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by Umaekpe: 9:36am On Apr 08, 2013
Unestly our president is extremely confused,dis pardon he granted to dis criminal shows dat we ar not save in dis country becos someone else wil still do dangerous things more Dan him & still go free.infact let me assure u criminal d UN is still looking for u if u don't no,so don't talk too much ok Unestly our president is extremely confused,dis pardon he granted to dis criminal shows dat we ar not save in dis country becos someone else wil still do dangerous things more Dan him & still go free.infact let me assure u criminal d UN is still looking for u if u don't no,so don't talk too much ok Unestly our president is extremely confused,dis pardon he granted to dis criminal shows dat we ar not save in dis country becos someone else wil still do dangerous things more Dan him & still go free.infact let me assure u criminal d UN is still looking for u if u don't no,so don't talk too much ok
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by anydek: 9:46am On Apr 08, 2013
It is only in Nigeria a criminal like Alam will talk of agreement with Federal Government. God help Nigeria.
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by Patsey: 9:51am On Apr 08, 2013
This guy needs to be perpetually silenced! Period.
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by badmarket: 9:51am On Apr 08, 2013
Recycling corrupt leaders will end one day.
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by Mospring(m): 9:53am On Apr 08, 2013
My ears tingles @dis sayns!... mtcheeeeew.. God help us!..
Re: Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha by ajos(m): 9:54am On Apr 08, 2013
dat one no concern me,am not an ex-convict,abi any of my family members go prison even cell i dnt know....i neva enter police station na only for nollywood movies i dey see inside police station/cell....no be me lock am....no be me release am....

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC, PDP, Other Parties Yet To Submit 2019 Election Expenses Reports – INEC / Youth Group Calls For Speakership To Be Zoned To The North West / We’ll Move Against Anyone Fighting Tinubu Unjustly’ – Ohanaeze PG, Iwuanyanwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.