Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Apart From Fela, Do We Still Have 9ja Musicians That Sing Against Govt Policies - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Apart From Fela, Do We Still Have 9ja Musicians That Sing Against Govt Policies (577 Views)

8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 / Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD / List Of Nigerian Musicians That Are No Longer Heard From. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apart From Fela, Do We Still Have 9ja Musicians That Sing Against Govt Policies by DonaldGenes(m): 11:16am On Apr 08, 2013
Can someone tell me why Most of our new upcoming musicians no longer sinq like Fela Anikulaputi or Raskimono" these are legends who use their songs to whip govt into line or make "em restless, like some sort of Gestalt switch, it's even so disheartening our new artist no longer follow the fela's trend except a handful of them like.......
1.Abdulkareem Idris---in one his popular track "9ja jaga jaga,mr lecturer
2.Sound sultan in one of his songs during that fuel subsidy brouhaha entitled "Temporary don turn to permanent"
3.Asa----am not really a fan of her music but from what I saw on Etv news now,her name was mention as one of the very few who sing against our Govt harsh policies
4...Another person mention was Eldee

5.I was about to mention Tuface or Mi perhaps among the list but I haven't seen more of their songs in that fela direction....but funny enough from the list of 1-4 are not really celebrated....I tire ooo

Do you agree with me or Not?
Re: Apart From Fela, Do We Still Have 9ja Musicians That Sing Against Govt Policies by Penssuwa(m): 4:57pm On Apr 09, 2013
another person is PENSSUWA
Re: Apart From Fela, Do We Still Have 9ja Musicians That Sing Against Govt Policies by DonaldGenes(m): 7:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
Penssuwa: another person is PENSSUWA

sorry,who is he or she?
Re: Apart From Fela, Do We Still Have 9ja Musicians That Sing Against Govt Policies by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2013
Tony More always speak against the government corruption and lies.

I see bright future in him.
Re: Apart From Fela, Do We Still Have 9ja Musicians That Sing Against Govt Policies by xynerise: 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2013
Tonto Dikeh sang about it too

In 2031 grin
Re: Apart From Fela, Do We Still Have 9ja Musicians That Sing Against Govt Policies by woodboi(m): 9:17am On Apr 10, 2013
Blackface naija always hit hard on dem too.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Fela, Do We Still Have 9ja Musicians That Sing Against Govt Policies by DonaldGenes(m): 1:47pm On Apr 10, 2013
xynerise: Tonto Dikeh sang about it too

In 2031 grin
Lmaaaaaooo
Re: Apart From Fela, Do We Still Have 9ja Musicians That Sing Against Govt Policies by horlajide: 2:53am On Apr 11, 2013
DonalĂ° Genes:

sorry,who is he or she?

abeg help me ask am o! cos even 'almighty' google never hear that botanical name.

@topic-though sound sultan's courage a few years ago was commendable i cant think of any as at today ATM. Even the big names stopped the critisism immediately they hit 'jackpot'
Re: Apart From Fela, Do We Still Have 9ja Musicians That Sing Against Govt Policies by joeyfire(m): 10:48am On Apr 11, 2013
woodboi: Blackface naija always hit hard on dem too.

Correct talk. Nneka is also another lyrical warrior. I remember when she was doing a song called "vagabonds in power" live in warri and some SSS men tried to pull her off the stage. If not for the crowd they might have picked her up
Re: Apart From Fela, Do We Still Have 9ja Musicians That Sing Against Govt Policies by DonaldGenes(m): 4:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
joeyfire:

Correct talk. Nneka is also another lyrical warrior. I remember when she was doing a song called "vagabonds in power" live in warri and some SSS men tried to pull her off the stage. If not for the crowd they might have picked her up
Omq
Re: Apart From Fela, Do We Still Have 9ja Musicians That Sing Against Govt Policies by gillz(m): 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2013
Nobody does it like blackface in nigeria, he is fearless. 2face too bt nt too hard

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Music From - Homies N Dew / Lami Philips - Titi Lai Lai [video Download] / Download Sinzu - Watcanfa (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.