Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,880 members, 7,844,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (179302 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 9:12pm On Mar 11, 2010
blackra1n. . . . . the simplest. Damn!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by moonraker(m): 9:45am On Mar 12, 2010
Mr Gmm

Are u a daft??

are u HIGH??

you beta get the f^%^k outta here
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 2:09am On Mar 25, 2010
had some major probs with my iphone so thot i'd share.

model is mc 135 ll, bootloader 6.4, old bootrom so iboot is 24kpwn vulnerable. all fine and good.

had signature hash for ONLY 3.0 (stupid, right?). didnt move up to 3.1.2 cos i was avoiding wifi issues with blacksn0w. laziness!

phone crashed after receiving call while in modem tethering mode, stuck at boot logo and rebooting thence.

cant upgrade to 3.1.3 cos no unlock, and wanted to move up to 3.1.2.

so cooked up 3.1.3 custom fw on pwnage retaining 5.11.07. problem is blacksn0w isnt compatible with 5.11.07 on 3.1.3, so haveta go with the unofficial blacsn0w rc2.

did that, and waddata know, iphone froze and went into same reboot cycle as before. wasnt that wot i was trying to fix?? fail!

tried restoring to custom fw 3 times, same story.

problem, as i later found out? moving straight from 3.0 on 04.26.08 to pwnage-tinkered 05.11.07 messed up the baseband. only cure is restore to stock 05.11.07 on stock non-custom 3.1.2.

but i dont have shsh for 3.1.2, remember? and apple is no longer signing so saurik cant have it on file. managed to get 3.1.3 hashes in the window, though.

anyway, i seem stuck. luckily i found stock baseband extracted and decypted from official .img here: http://www.multiupload.com/QP9LNY4Y9V

unzipped and found 3 files: ICE2_05.11.07.fls and the corresponding .eep, MD5 checksum and -yeah!-bbupdaterextreme which is cool cos im on untethered.

so! used ifunbox to move the two baseband files and bbupdaterextreme to /tmp folder.

installed mobile terminal and, as root (y'know, type su, then alpine), fired off:

1. cmd /tmp (ie make /tmp the active folder)

2. chmod 755 BBUpdaterExtreme (setting owner permission. mind the caps!)

3. Launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist (gotta kill the radio before hacking/modifying it)

4. ./BBUpdaterExtreme update -f ICE2_05.11.07.fls -e ICE2_05.11.07.eep (erases your mangled baseband and writes the new stock baseband)

reboot, install blacksn0w RC2 and voila, as they say!

chances are a lot of people who mess with custom fw might find themselves in similar predicament. if you do, hope the above helps as it helped me.

ps: hey Tezz.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 10:26pm On Mar 28, 2010
better than yer ol iphone, the HTC HD2. sorry my lame Nokia somehow split the pix down the middle.

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 11:18am On Mar 29, 2010
better pix. thanks, 3GS! so sad you have to be relegated to the bottom of the drawer.

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Jezzybrown(m): 7:49pm On Apr 02, 2010
9ice phone dude love it ooh if wishes were horses
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:39pm On Apr 03, 2010
Jezzybrown:

9ice phone dude love it ooh if wishes were horses

HTC Sense gives a great user experience but the camera is the real killer app. cant be upgraded to windows phone 7 when it comes out. not a pain though; never liked that zune interface, and no multitasking. sort of like killing the idea behind winmo.

the mini of the HD2 is out but me, i prefer that big honkin' screen, the bigger the better.

thats why im mulling over an ipad. dont need it, but heck i's WANTS it!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2010
@ex inferis

nice phone !
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 11:38pm On Apr 04, 2010
yah, but its so big its a bit unwieldy though the hi def screen (with native youtube in HD!) will blow your mind. the mini is out. waiting for HTC Legend.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 7:40am On Apr 06, 2010
By the way, I tried internet tethering using the iPhone 3gs and it is crazy. That phone is just a wonderful piece to be used as a modem. The experience on my laptop using the iPhone as modem is memorable. Y'all need to try that out if haven't. wink
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2010
pls i need to upgrade the software on me iphone.

anyone with a step-to-step guide on how to do it?

will i have to go through the 'cydia' drama undecided
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by arsenal4va(m): 8:43am On Apr 07, 2010
post more info

ie type of iphone , current firmware
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by mendax: 11:12pm On Apr 08, 2010
the all new iphone OS 4.0 with more than a 100 new features, with features like 3rd party apps multitasking (which has been a major advantage feature on the pré). unfortunately, iphone freaks wuld stil have to wait though as i noticed that there is no flash for the cam yet.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc1530
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 6:51pm On Apr 10, 2010
arsenal4va:

post more info

ie type of iphone , current firmware

iphon 3G
Version 2.2 (5G77)

its obvious am wayyyy behind on th current firmware grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by holadipo(m): 11:55am On Apr 14, 2010
ANY BODy got a solution for my iphone 3g no network? baseband 5.12.0 and bootloader 5.9! need it so bad!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by powerblaze(m): 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2010
YEAHH!!! i don unlock the useless iphone! i used redsnow on firmware 3.1.2. later i'll upgrade to 3.1.3. whoever made that redsnow is a magician!
so guys any cool apps i can install for a start? i just saw FM manager for iphone! any manual way to install apps and games on fone?

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by powerblaze(m): 7:34pm On Apr 15, 2010
Does anyone know of a manual way to upgrade my iphone firmware? itunes dey seriously beef my phone,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 4:46pm On Apr 16, 2010
pls where's texazzpete and exinferis?

gentlemen, i need your help with the sofware update
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by holadipo(m): 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2010
@ powerblaze abeg! u fit gimme the details of the whole deal!

confirm if u have a modem firmware 5.12.01 from "about" in the settings-general tab

my iphone is jailbroken, i got apps, and videos but no network!

thats the main issue bro! if u dont mind i'd like to contact u personally

holadipupoojo at yaaahoo dot com

what version of redsn0W DID U use? pls holla back
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lalaboi(m): 9:26pm On Apr 26, 2010
Ex Inferis:

better pix. thanks, 3GS! so sad you have to be relegated to the bottom of the drawer.

Isnt that the phone Apple are sueing HTC for copying ideas of the iphone. . .??
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lalaboi(m): 9:28pm On Apr 26, 2010
powerblaze:

Does anyone know of a manual way to upgrade my iphone firmware? itunes dey seriously beef my phone,

Only itunes can. . . HWat exactly is the problem? are u sure you have the right firmware for your product?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by moonraker(m): 9:53pm On Apr 26, 2010
@ holadipo

no hope for yu now, cos yur baseband 5.12 is unlockable
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:27pm On Apr 28, 2010
mendax:

the all new iphone OS 4.0. . . . iphone freaks wuld stil have to wait though as i noticed that there is no flash for the cam yet.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc1530

wiat, what? you expecting a flash with a software update? <dazed>

you didnt read your blog right; when they say no flash, they meant as in adobe flash player. the new iphone is purported to have cam flash though. see, cam flash is hardware, flashplayer (often just called flash) is software. two different things.

lalaboi:

Isnt that the phone Apple are sueing HTC for copying ideas of the iphone. . .??

hey, so what? everyone's copying everyone already and everyone's suing everyone. microsoft just claimed rights to portions of android so now HTC is paying microsoft royalties for using google's OS. nuts, right? just buy the phone and watch them slug it out.

funkybaby:

pls where's texazzpete and exinferis?

gentlemen, i need your help with the sofware update

oi! i remember you! you always in one fix or another, why not just get a blackberry or some nokia crap and save us all the hassle?

pray tell what is the nature of your current predicament, o damsel in perpetual distress?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 4:01pm On Apr 28, 2010
Ex Inferis:

oi! i remember you! you always in one fix or another, why not just get a blackberry or some nokia crap and save us all the hassle?

pray tell what is the nature of your current predicament, o damsel in perpetual distress?

grin grin grin grin grin
oh ye ex inferis, thou hast finally come to my rescue. lol. grin grin

i dont like blackberry and yes, i have a crap nokia as well.

my current predicament: software update. my version is 2.2
i cant install anything on it. keeps telling me my software is updated.

the cydia on my phone is also acting funny. cant seem to get anything off it (last time i used it as apil 2009) and i urgently need iBlacklist

danke !
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 4:03pm On Apr 28, 2010
Ex Inferis:

grin grin grin grin grin
oh ye ex inferis, thou hast finally come to my rescue. lol. grin grin

i dont like blackberry and yes, i have a crap nokia as well.

my current predicament: software update. my version is 2.2
i cant install anything on it. keeps telling me the software is outdated.

the cydia on my phone is also acting funny. cant seem to get anything off it (last time i used it as apil 2009) and i urgently need iBlacklist

danke !
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 6:20pm On Apr 28, 2010
@ funkybaby

if you've done any updating before then you've done it all, steps are fairly generic. i think we once talked you through in the long gone days of OS 2.x. besides, Blackra1n and Sn0wbreeze make things a whole lot easier. . . even for babes wink

you know the routine: grab your 3.1.2 ipsw, fire up itunes, shift-click on UPDATE etc and go from there. once done jailbreak with Blackra1n, unlock with with Blacksn0w, then sit back and sip some green tea (see what i did there? wink wink).

its a good idea to install afc from cydia (search afc2add) since blacksn0w by default does not install it. afc allows you to browse the iphone file system with stuff like ifunbox, iphonebrowser etc. redsn0w installs afc automatically but blacksn0w boasts fewer jailbreak steps.

next up, try the following source: www.sinfuliphonerepo.com

you get cracked cydia store warez like ibluenova (bluetooth ftp), iblacklist, lockinfo, yourtube, universal search, safari downloader, status notifier, android lock, cyntact, appsync 3.1.2 etc.

you may also source up repo.beyouriphone.com in cydia and try the rather excellent pogoplank cracked!

the following cydia sources are also noteworthy: repo.iphonedesignz.com, apt.pwncenter.com, cydia.touch-mania.com, cydia.imodzone.net.

a few words of wisdom though:

1. avoid itunes 9.1 or 9.11; they both break Blackra1n. if you've already updated you can fix it with blackbreeze (google)

2. blackra1n sometimes messes with the wifi. if yours is broken, go to setteings>general>reset>reset network settings.

ive been off the iphone bandwagon for some time now so im a bit out of the picture. before you ask, yes im doing Android.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by flyuche(m): 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2010
mr Ex. nice to have you back. now i have one more reason to visit the phone section.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2010
flyuche:

mr Ex. nice to have you back. now i have one more reason to visit the phone section.

heyyy fly. how u? nice to see u still around. wheres that pr1ck cabali?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2010
Lol! Thought you took the run away path ex.

Get your love life (iPhone ) back in other and you won't look further for me. smiley
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 1:16am On Apr 29, 2010
@cabali
hey bud! im pretty done with the iphone for now UNLESS and UNTIL they spruce up the homescreen. static icons in grid formation is worn, dated and very palmOS-of-old. glanceable info without having to tap-tap away at square icons all the time is rather cool.

dont get me wrong, still use it, but with phones like the HTC Incredible and Droid Eris you gotta be nuts to fixate on the iphone.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 8:37am On Apr 29, 2010
Wow! That's harsh.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2010
Ex Inferis:

@ funkybaby

if you've done any updating before then you've done it all, steps are fairly generic. i think we once talked you through in the long gone days of OS 2.x. besides, Blackra1n and Sn0wbreeze make things a whole lot easier. . . even for babes wink

easy?? yeah right ! grin
i have any down any software update on the phone. only thing i did was 'jailbreak' it myself. and even that . . . . i got stuck midway and my bruv had to help me out with it

blackra1n, sn0wbreeze ? ? ? blackbreeze? what are those??

ex inferis, truth is, i do not know where to start from. and i have this weird feeling that if i do this update thing myself i am going to wreck the phone.

where are u based pls? can i post the phone to you and you help me out with it and then post it back to me grin wink please? smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (103)

Leagoo M8/M8 Pro Discuss Thread / Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.