Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,162 members, 7,864,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:42 AM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (179516 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by softtouch2(m): 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2011
tumababa:

i mean before u upgraded to 5.0, what ios and baseband was d iphone?

iOS 4.3.3 BB 6.15.00
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 30, 2011
soft-touch:

iOS 4.3.3 BB 6.15.00
which means ur fone was on 4.3.3 bb6.15 before upgrade, so after upgrading to 5.0, it was already on 6.15,did u get network when on 5.0? so after downgrading, u had to reflash d bb again before u got network.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by softtouch2(m): 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2011
tumababa:

which means your fone was on 4.3.3 bb6.15 before upgrade, so after upgrading to 5.0, it was already on 6.15,did u get network when on 5.0? so after downgrading, u had to reflash d bb again before u got network.

After upgrade to 5.0 BB 6.15, tried Ultrasnow but no network
Downgrade back to 4.3.3 BB 6.15, install Ultrasnow, the phone went to infinte loop of searching for network, no network after reboot, it keep searching.

It was like that for about a day before I think of reflashing the BB, cos someone mentioned his BB was also mess-up by iOS 5 on locked-3GS in a forum too online.

Hence, i looked for redsnow version the one with iPad BB upgrade, re flashed my BB again (BB 6.15), after reboot the network came up,
I tried this 3 different times, same result, but on my factory unlocked 3Gs, no problem like that.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Aseye(m): 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2011
tumababa:

i mean before u upgraded to 5.0, what ios and baseband was d iphone?
for an iphone 3g, the best os is either 3.1.3 or 4.2.1, 4.0.X is disaster on iphone3g. So u can upgrade to 4.2.1 but use a custom firmware that has PRESERVED BASEBAND.

thats why i'm here if u recommend that i upgrade, i'm in but pls how do i go abt it and also kip in mind dt i've issues with my cydia and installous, if u give me steps to follow, will be glad. thanks
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by disguy1: 8:31pm On Sep 30, 2011
Aseye:

thats why i'm here if u recommend that i upgrade, i'm in but pls how do i go abt it and also kip in mind dt i've issues with my cydia and installous, if u give me steps to follow, will be glad. thanks

tried replying you twice, with steps and links but keep getting banned. just got unbanned again. will try again without links
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ise82(m): 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2011
I just changed to MTN from ETISALAT on my iphone 4. I've tried to connect to d internet on mtn buh all settings I got from d net didn't work. I dnt no what to do, Perhaps I wil nid to change to etisalat because I dnt ve any problem wt it. Pls help!!! I want mtn
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by topeantony(m): 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2011
ise82:

I just changed to MTN from ETISALAT on my iphone 4. I've tried to connect to d internet on mtn buh all settings I got from d net didn't work. I dnt no what to do, Perhaps I wil nid to change to etisalat because I dnt ve any problem wt it. Pls help!!! I want mtn

what settings did you use with your etisalat cus i cant get etisalat to work with min
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by disguy1: 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2011
@Aseye
just got banned and unbanned again

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by disguy1: 2:34pm On Oct 01, 2011
here's part of my earlier post

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ise82(m): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2011
Etisalat settings: apn is etisalat
U can also use web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net as apn, It will work. No password and username required.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 02, 2011
Hello pls wat is d use of all this upgrade and down grade i am askin because i want to get an iphone soon and what i want is to play very good games and use new apps thats all. So what is it really for?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 03, 2011
An ios upgrade brings a new feature to the iPhone without changing the fone. So when a new firmware upgrade is out, what u shd do IDEALY is to just connect ur iphone to iTunes and click upgrade. Once there's good Internet, ur fone will be upgraded BUT so many things are limiting such easy process.
1, if ur iPhone is not officially unlocked(ie Locked to a network like At&t), if u try an upgrade, the fone will lock back.
2. If the new firmware has not been jailbroken(hacked) and u upgrade, u won't be able to love-vendor the fone as seen in some pics in this forum and above all, u will av to buy alll dose sweet games u want to play.

So if ur iPhone is officially unlocked and u don't need to jailbreak(ie u are ok with apple's limitations), JUST UPGRADE WITH NO STRESS. Once u upgrade and u don't like d upgrade, u won't be able to downgrade back to d previous version officially except u've saved some files(shsh) of d previuos version.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Dabss(m): 9:31am On Oct 03, 2011
Guys is it possible to unlock a 3gs without jailbreaking?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 03, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

Guys is it possible to unlock a 3gs without jailbreaking?
Not yet possible. Except u want to pay d network it's locked to( not all do dat).
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by moonraker(m): 10:33am On Oct 03, 2011
Let the count down begin to either an iphone 5 or ios 5,

Rumored specs for iphone 5 are as fggs

1. A5 processor clocked at 1ghz (same as the ipad which i believe is duo core??)

2. 784MB of ram

3. 3.7 inch screen

4. IOS 5 with all the bells and whistles including icloud
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Dabss(m): 10:51am On Oct 03, 2011
tumababa:

Not yet possible. Except u want to pay d network it's locked to( not all do dat).
great then mind is factory unlocked only issue is the bb (06.15)
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 03, 2011
Tanx Tumababa
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Dabss(m): 10:55am On Oct 03, 2011
moonraker:

Let the count down begin to either an iphone 5 or ios 5,

Rumored specs for iphone 5 are as fggs

1. A5 processor clocked at 1ghz (same as the ipad which i believe is duo core??)

2. 784MB of ram

3. 3.7 inch screen

4. IOS 5 with all the bells and whistles including icloud

i about 25hrs time we will knw. Anybody preordered?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 03, 2011
blink182:

Tanx Tumababa
U welcome.
Da_b¤§§.:

great then mind is factory unlocked only issue is the bb (06.15)
lol. If it's factory unlocked,y do u need to unlock again, n what's d issue with bb(6.15)?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 03, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

i about 25hrs time we will knw. Anybody preordered?
How do u preorder what's not on their website yet? Apple might disappoint many people tomorrow. People are telling me they are not buying iphone4 again cos iPhone 5 with laser screen display blablabla is coming out. Interesting.

I predict an iphone4S. Tomorrow is d d-day.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Dabss(m): 11:12am On Oct 03, 2011
^^^^ you knw apple!
Like it or not whatever. Comes out will sale in milllions
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 03, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

^^^^ you knw apple!
Like it or not whatever. Comes out will sale in milllions
Dats y I sell ONLY their products. D product markets itself.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by softtouch2(m): 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2011
tumababa:

How do u preorder what's not on their website yet? Apple might disappoint many people tomorrow. People are telling me they are not buying iphone4 again cos iPhone 5 with laser screen display blablabla is coming out. Interesting.

I predict an iphone4S. Tomorrow is d d-day.

Confirmed iPhone 4S !!!
Apple has confirmed its iPhone 4S in the latest released iTunes 10.5 beta 9. iTunes beta 9 shows the iPhone 4S in its two models: black and white.

References to the iPhone 4S are be found in the Info.plist file of the MobileDevices bundle included in iTunes 10.5 beta 9 released yesterday. Now Apple has pulled the software from its developer site (but we have it) shortly to remove the references of iPhone 4S.

The leaked iPhone 4S information suggests that it will be a dual-mode phone, i.e. it will be used on either on CDMA or GSMA bands. Mark Gurman of 9to5mac explains more:

Along with the new iPhone name of “iPhone 4S” comes an image, and it is of a CDMA iPhone 4. Unless Apple still has the CDMA iPhone 4 as a placeholder image until the new iPhone is announced, we’re fairly confident that the iPhone 4S will pack the CDMA iPhone design.

The news comes after the leaked photo of RadioShack’s internal inventory system showing Sprint iPhone 5. We STILL don’t know whether Apple releasing iPhone 5 with the iPhone 4S or not.

What’s confirmed today is that Apple will be surely releasing iPhone 4S by Tuesday

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 03, 2011
soft-touch:

Confirmed iPhone 4S !!!
Apple has confirmed its iPhone 4S in the latest released iTunes 10.5 beta 9. iTunes beta 9 shows the iPhone 4S in its two models: black and white.

References to the iPhone 4S are be found in the Info.plist file of the MobileDevices bundle included in iTunes 10.5 beta 9 released yesterday. Now Apple has pulled the software from its developer site (but we have it) shortly to remove the references of iPhone 4S.

The leaked iPhone 4S information suggests that it will be a dual-mode phone, i.e. it will be used on either on CDMA or GSMA bands. Mark Gurman of 9to5mac explains more:

Along with the new iPhone name of “iPhone 4S” comes an image, and it is of a CDMA iPhone 4. Unless Apple still has the CDMA iPhone 4 as a placeholder image until the new iPhone is announced, we’re fairly confident that the iPhone 4S will pack the CDMA iPhone design.

The news comes after the leaked photo of RadioShack’s internal inventory system showing Sprint iPhone 5. We STILL don’t know whether Apple releasing iPhone 5 with the iPhone 4S or not.

What’s confirmed today is that Apple will be surely releasing iPhone 4S by Tuesday
Like I said earlier, I predict iPhone 4S, no comment on iphone5. 24hrs to go.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 03, 2011
I predict a new 8gig iphone4 and a new dual-core 8MP 1GIG RAM IPhone 4S with 16,32,64gig memory.  grin grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Dabss(m): 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2011
I predict iphone4gs and iphone5.
Iphone5 to support 4g netwrk and comes with bigger screen.
Both sport dual core processor.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 04, 2011
i feel d new(about to be released) iphone 4S will be more attracting to 2g,3g and 3gs owners, i dont really see iphone 4 owners upgrading(just thinking aloud cool)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (103)

How To See Hidden Number That Call You / Leagoo M8/M8 Pro Discuss Thread / Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.