Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Shola on a mission - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Shola on a mission (1004 Views)

Mission Aborted! USA Air Force Struck Down An Angel On A Mission. (picture ) / Nigerian Aircraft On A Mission In Adamawa Declared Missing / US Doctor On A Mission Infected With Ebola In Liberia Outbreak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shola on a mission by sholao(m): 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2005
I'd just like to introduce myself, I'm Shola Ogunlokun, currently living in London, UK and my mission at the moment is to get myself in a position to fly a hang glider across the UK.

There are 3 objectives:

1. It has been my ambition to learn to fly an aircraft, this is my chosen one.
2. I want to travel across the UK and meet the local people along the way (not just the metropolitan people in the cities), so hope to spend each night of my journey with a local family.
3. I want to encourage other afro-carribeam peolpe to pursue their dreams no matter what hurdles might be on the way.

Full details are at http://shola.ogunlokun.com
Re: Shola on a mission by Seun(m): 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2005
Hello, Mr. Ogunlekun. Can we call you "Shola" in the name of informality?

Can you tell us how you got the idea to go for the hang gliding sport in particular?

Don't your family members see it as dangerous? What about bicycling? grin
Re: Shola on a mission by sholao(m): 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2005
Seun, I haven't been called Mr Ogunlokun in a long time!

Shola is much preferable.

The idea of flying a hang glider came from my desire to fly, unfortunately my eyesight does not meet the standard to fly a private plane, so I looked at other options, and I came up with micro-lights which I would meet the requirements of. I decided to go for hang gliders because they are much smaller, and you don't need a hangar or a large garage to store them in.

Obviously people think that it is dangerous, but that is the reason why I have to go through the training I'm going through now to learn how to be safe and avoid accidents.

I have meet people who have been in the sport for over 25 yrs, and am learning from their experience.

Cycling? I've already had my adventures with bicycles in Nigeria. I bought one on a friday and on the same day started a 3 day journey from Kaduna to Bida. Eventually I rode it from Kaduna-Bida, Bida-Ilorin and Ilorin-Ibadan.

So now its time to fly.
Re: Shola on a mission by tcherokee(m): 12:38am On Aug 16, 2005
hmm, wish i could learn something like that, unfortunately, i'm scared of heights so i think i'll sit myself on the ground. Good luck and keep us informed.
Re: Shola on a mission by Latoya(f): 3:31am On Aug 16, 2005
Nice one.u r full of dreams,i hope they come true.

Welcome to nairaland,i hope u enjoy it smiley
Re: Shola on a mission by hotangel2(f): 10:17am On Aug 16, 2005
Hi shola, welcome to Nairaland. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Wow, you have great dreams, keep it up bro. I see you going places. Thanks for the advice, i'll pursue my dreams.

Promise me, you'll be safe while flying!
Re: Shola on a mission by sholao(m): 10:33am On Aug 16, 2005
Thanks guys for your warm welcome, I will definately stay safe though in life nothing is guaranteed.

I'm out to enjoy myself so will be listening to my elders.

Will keep you up to date with progress.
Re: Shola on a mission by hotangel2(f): 10:34am On Aug 16, 2005
Alright. smiley Go out there and enjoy yourself.
Re: Shola on a mission by theffanyi(m): 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2007
its ur life cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Adding people in Instant Messaging Programs / You Want To Know Me! / A Beekeeper As New Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.