Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

House Flipping In Nigeria - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / House Flipping In Nigeria (12596 Views)

Be Free Financially With Domain Flipping Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Flipping In Nigeria by valdubem(m): 7:31pm On Apr 09, 2013
Its actually a great/cool investment, but how great it will be in Nigeria, I don't know. Anyone with the idea or whose business is house flipping should tell us how profitable it is (as some guys will want to start investing in it).

Note:House flipping as you may already know, is the practice of buying a piece of real estate at a discounted price, improving it in some way and then selling it for a financial gain.
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 09, 2013
Interesting subject.
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by Kingslaw(m): 9:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
Wow, i would like 2 learn more.
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by question(m): 9:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
Location matters a lot.
There are those that buy, demolish completely and build something of greater value just because of it high brew class location.
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by valdubem(m): 11:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
question: Location matters a lot.
There are those that buy, demolish completely and build something of greater value just because of it high brew class location.

Tell me more about it
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by GraceBestowed(f): 11:56am On Apr 10, 2013
The general housing market in Nigeria is doing really well, especially with the fact that formally unknown areas are getting popular (for example, Gwarinpa (excuse my spelling if it's not correct) in Abuja never used to be as popular as it is now).

You're on to a winner if you conduct thorough research, and are physically there to oversee the whole project.
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by momodub: 11:57am On Apr 10, 2013
waiting to invest
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 10, 2013
Ok
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by ebamma(m): 11:59am On Apr 10, 2013
momodub: waitin to invest
Me too I'm waiting to invest.

2 Likes

Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by samguru(m): 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
to the house flippers please consider me for renovation contract am very good at re modifying house architecture,painting interior decoration such as wardrobe,kitchen cabinet,bed,sofa and so

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,just give me a trial you will be surprised
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
Its for the high end people,and highly capital intensive.
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by valdubem(m): 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2013
Yomieluv: Its for the high end people,and highly capital intensive.

But the returns (you will get) will be worth it cheesy
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by israel007: 12:13pm On Apr 10, 2013
Oh its a wonderful business. I know a woman in abuja who does that. In fact she's on the look out for houses every minute to buy. She bought one at sunnyvalle in abuja for 70 million, touched it up and sold for 160.

There's another one at area 11 that someone was at her place to market to her. Though she didn't see the woman that day.

3 Likes

Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 10, 2013
House flipping is, essentially, buying a house or property with the intent to sell it for a profit. But the logistics can get pretty complicated. There are a lot of decisions to make from the beginning. Where should you buy? If you purchase a house in an up-and-coming neighborhood, you're banking on the neighborhood increasing in value. If you decide to buy in a new development, you'll want to attract higher-end home buyers who want the luxury features and space offered in the suburbs. If all goes well, you could make a nice profit. But if something goes wrong -- faulty budgeting, timing issues, a crime spike in that up-and-coming neighborhood -- you could be stuck with a house you can't get rid of.
Wish you the best of luck as you venture into it.

Femi Okun & Co
Property consultant
E-mail: jamesokun9@gmail.com
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by NLGwoodey: 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2013
Instead of house flipping, I will suggest that you build new and sell. Run down property in Nigeria may be
located in a bad neighborhood that you may not be able to offset the cost. If the property is in a good
neighborhood, you may not be able to afford it. Also, banks may not be willing to lend money to you and if they do,
the interest rate will be high.

Not saying that it is not doable though b/c it all boils down to money (tens of millions of naira). If you
have access to that kind of money, go for it.

2 Likes

Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by poke(m): 12:19pm On Apr 10, 2013
am interested
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by RiKKies: 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2013
Real Estate is a big business in Nigeria. I believe 'House Flipping' should be lucrative also.
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by Goziemiguel(m): 12:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
Lemme watch nd learn from d guruz here . Ehe stufz like diz makez nairaland the best

1 Like

Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by RedLight1: 12:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
following
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by Scarpon(m): 12:41pm On Apr 10, 2013
I love real estate business
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by adim2(m): 12:43pm On Apr 10, 2013
House flipping is a very lucrative business depending on how you want to go about it. Either long,meduim or short terms. There are thing you should know, nigerian economy is a capitalist based economy which increases on daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis and houses are on the increase because of the huge influence of capitalist in the housing sector. Furthermore there are some location that you don't expect booming income immediately because you will get them at an affordable price and after some years the prices will escalate. For example land in arepo are of ogun state was sold for around 200k per lot in 2004, in 2008 its increased to 2million and now a plot is being sold for 10million. Depending on the way you are looking at it and the location which i will advice to diversify your market. And also you need a competent team to work for you. I am into research, if you need an assistance you can send me a mail. Pm me on nairaland.
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by mike404(m): 12:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
Walahi my guy I dey interested... no doubt, this go be a very nice investment grin

1 Like

Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by maclatunji: 12:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
val_dubem: Its actually a great/cool investment, but how great it will be in Nigeria, I don't know. Anyone with the idea or whose business is house flipping should tell us how profitable it is (as some guys will want to start investing in it).

Note:House flipping as you may already know, is the practice of buying a piece of real estate at a discounted price, improving it in some way and then selling it for a financial gain.

Bad idea, too many properties in the market without buyers. It is better to invest in a property long term like building a block of flats in the popular areas that most people want to live in like Yaba, Surulere, Anthony, Gbagada, Ilupeju and to lesser extent Palm Avenue, Isolo, Mafoluku, Onipanu etc.

You get decent rental income and if you can afford to build shops/warehouses on the ground floor, you diversify your revenue sources. It is all about proper structure and management.

3 Likes

Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by G50member(m): 12:58pm On Apr 10, 2013
Real estate business is big business anywhere, anytime. To succeed in it however, you require due diligence, knowledge and understanding of the local business and very large chunk of capital.
With these, you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by everyday: 1:05pm On Apr 10, 2013
I have always been interested in real estate business but don't know how to carve a nitch for myself.Ant advice will be helpful thanks
Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by maclatunji: 1:23pm On Apr 10, 2013
everyday: I have always been interested in real estate business but don't know how to carve a nitch for myself.Ant advice will be helpful thanks

Hold-on to your money and only invest it when you understand the business and why you are entering it.

1 Like

Re: House Flipping In Nigeria by mariblizzy(f): 1:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
GraceBestowed: The general housing market in Nigeria is doing really well, especially with the fact that formally unknown areas are getting popular (for example, Gwarinpa (excuse my spelling if it's not correct) in Abuja never used to be as popular as it is now).

You're on to a winner if you conduct thorough research, and are physically there to oversee the whole project.
ofcus dats very true.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Banking Stocks Record Biggest Fall Since 2016 / The Bitter Truth Is Get Help Worldwide Is SHAKING!!! / Reactivated:If You Have Never Earn Online Before Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.