Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,700 members, 7,865,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:08 AM

You've Got Music For Launching - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / You've Got Music For Launching (451 Views)

Need Advice On Strategy For Launching A New Radio Station / Nigerian Music For A Greek Girl From Germany / Best Nigerian Song You've Ever Listened To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You've Got Music For Launching by Badafrikan: 10:51pm On Apr 09, 2013
The book entitled, ‘You’ve Got Music’, is a 580 page handbook and DVD lessons for musicians. The magnificent book, which ranks as the biggest and most comprehensive music book published by a Nigerian, will be launched on April 20. Venue is The Place - 45, Isaac John Street, GRA, Ikeja by 4pm promptly. The event, which will be held in style is expected to be graced by music industry stakeholders such T-mac, Yinka Davies, Tuface Idibia, Dayo Adeneye, Tony Okoroji, and several other icons.

This is an exciting news for all musicians and music lovers at large. No matter how talented you are as a musician, there are certain basic skills and knowledge you need to succeed. Talent and passion are only an entry point. The uniqueness of the book is that it includes information on the theory of music, voice training, instrument lessons, music composition, sound engineering, music business and showmanship.

According to the writer of the book, Mr Akapo Emmanuel, CEO, Tenstring Music Institute, his ultimate goal is to breed first-class music professionals who will be sound creatively and commercially throughout their careers. His phenomenal and holistic approach to music education has made him an accomplished professional and offered him the privilege of grooming tons of up-and-coming acts and high-profile musicians. He said that experts have predicted that over the next ten years, jobs in art, music, culture and entertainment will grow twice as many as jobs in engineering will; those who've been educated in the arts will have a great advantage over those who have not”. The era of mediocrity in music performance and business is almost over, and soon, only the well rooted players will remain in the game,” Emmanuel stated.

He stated that talent is NOT ENOUGH when it comes to pursuing a successful music career or attaining distinction as a performing artiste. “To be qualified as a professional musician, there are inevitable skills and information you must have at your fingertips. We live in a sophisticated age, where what you know and how you apply it determines what you get. Chances are that musicians who fail to educate themselves will underutilize their potentials and find it hard to optimize emerging opportunities in the music industry,” the writer explained.

“The book: You’ve Got Music, is my response to the continual demand of my students and clients in over a decade. My goal is to place in your hands a comprehensive resource for your career development - the one you can always refer to for the basic knowledge of music and its business.

“As a music educator and founder of one of Africa’s biggest music academy, I’m very passionate about breeding the next generation of ‘Formidable Musicians and Superstars’. 'By that I mean musicians who can thrive favorably in the ever-evolving global music market. With some resources and commitment anyone can find their way to popularity in the music industry. It takes a deeper musician to make it to stardom, and even the exceptionally groomed to attain the legendary status. Having trained over 2000 musicians in the past fifteen years, it is my pleasure to release this masterpiece coined from my practical experiences in making and teaching music, and other best practices from around the world”.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Better: Late Dagrin Or Olamide / YC- Fearless: The New Track Is Crazy / [VIDEO] M.I – Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.