Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,197 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Have You Seen My Father? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Seen My Father? (1029 Views)

How I Found My Father After 30yrs Through Nairaland / I Have Not Seen My Husband For 10 Years, Woman Tells Court / Help! Have You Seen This Doctor? Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Seen My Father? by hemartins(m): 2:01pm On Apr 10, 2013
I can still remember that afternoon, my father called me to his room and said he would be travelling and never return home. With tears in my eyes, i asked him where he was going. He showed me some green like card and told me he will be travelling abroad that evening. My mum was just sitting and shè wont answer my questions. I was just 9 then.
At 15, i started the quest and search for my father. My mum said he changed his number and he is now married. I have even contacted some of my uncles i.e his brothers and they gave me the same answer.
Now that i'm almost through wit school. I need a father.
I just want to see him again. I wish he can read this post and come back
Re: Have You Seen My Father? by taryour(f): 2:15pm On Apr 10, 2013
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Have You Seen My Father? by Imprida(f): 2:17pm On Apr 10, 2013
You havent said anything
Re: Have You Seen My Father? by lecturerdabo(m): 2:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
Sorry for your predicament! I wish you the best in your search!
Re: Have You Seen My Father? by jeffizy(m): 3:15pm On Apr 10, 2013
what man will brazenly abandon his family? Not nice at all.
@op...since ur loving mum did her best to send you to school, is this your thank you to her?
At least ,you let her take the deserved glory before going after a dad that never looked back at you. Please re-think. Dont break mama's heart like that!

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen My Father? by baby124: 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ask your mother who your real father is. If she is sure he is the one, then go to his family and ask for his whereabouts, that they should tell him that you want to speak to him. Be persistent about it, and they will definitely give you his contact. A child will always find its father. undecided
Re: Have You Seen My Father? by jeffizy(m): 3:46pm On Apr 10, 2013
baby_123: A child will always find its father. undecided
You are right. It's just so unfair on the mum.

Making it appear like she couldn't finish the job.
Re: Have You Seen My Father? by baby124: 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2013
jeffizy:
You are right. It's just so unfair on the mum.

Making it appear like she couldn't finish the job.

As long as your father is not dead, by Nigerian standards, people will ask who and where he is. After all, you cannot fall from the sky. Worse is when it is time for marriage. It is better to claim the father is dead, than say you dont know where he is. Who will want to marry into such a situation? Sad but true. If a woman goes out of her way to cause problems between a father and his child or vice-versa, the person is setting themselves up for disappointment. This is why, when you have kids by someone, you are tied for a lifetime. Best thing you can do for yourself is get the other person involved in the child's life in every aspect. No carry load alone if you can avoid it.
Re: Have You Seen My Father? by jeffizy(m): 5:17pm On Apr 10, 2013
You are right once more.
Re: Have You Seen My Father? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 10, 2013
Maybe you should ask your mum for his pix (a clear one o) and post it here, before you know it, it will go viral on the internet- some newspapers may even publish it.
You could go to NTA (since they no longer have shows to broadcast at 9.00pm on Sundays), they will gladly help you.

When you find your father, thank me later. wink

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen My Father? by hemartins(m): 11:03pm On Apr 10, 2013
thanks for your contributions. Rilly appreciate.
Re: Have You Seen My Father? by Ivynwa(f): 7:34am On Apr 11, 2013
@Hemartins

Child are you really serious about this? I am wondering whether it is a fake thread someone started to stir people up, if you are seriously looking to find your father I just want to say that you may find him if you try hard enough.
You may have to dig deeper within your family but if they are not co-operating or do not even know where he is you may find him yourself perhaps through resources in the internet and in forums. You have to know the country or continent he is in first and armed with his name, you can search in the net and ask Nigerians living in the same country he lives in after him.

I am wondering why he hasn't made effort to communicate with you? It must be hurting that he is absent, I am sure he still thinks about you and may have been incapacitated from reaching out by one thing or the other.
An American girl who was stolen at birth somehow luckily found her mother by searching around in the internet. I hope you reunite with him.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen My Father? by Princeparix(m): 7:55am On Apr 11, 2013
Nawa o- Naija men_we are capable of a lot things. Op am sorry i cant help
Re: Have You Seen My Father? by greatgod2012(f): 9:05am On Apr 11, 2013
If you know his full name, which i believe you must, then, type his name on google search, the google will link you to all areas where his name can be found.

Wishing you best of luck in your search.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen My Father? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
greatgod2012: If you know his full name, which i believe you must, then, type his name on google search, the google will link you to all areas where his name can be found.

Wishing you best of luck in your search.
God bless you.
Check for his name on google
U dont really have to bother ur mum cos u were old enuf to know ur father and u were all together and he discussed wit u be4 he traveled.
Contact his family and demand d u want to knw d country he is .
If dey aint cooperating, it simply means he has instructed them not to tell anybody his where about.
Tell them dat anytime he calls becos u r such he communicates with anyone of them that you are interested in getting in touch with him.
By the time u disturb dem very well, dey will b forced to tell him abt u.
Please dnt let ds issue bother u now be happy and make ur mum happy since didnt give birth to u out of wedlock.
Pele God will see u thru

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen My Father? by hemartins(m): 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
thanks. I will do as you have said.

(1) (Reply)

Rejecting Without Hurting.....pls Advice Urgently / Girl Goes Missing After Clubbing / Buy Toyota Camry 2010 Model In Lagos... View Pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.