Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,149 members, 7,829,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Theory Of Achebeism-a Thread For All Esteemed Admirer's Of Chinua Achebe - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Theory Of Achebeism-a Thread For All Esteemed Admirer's Of Chinua Achebe (1056 Views)

BROTHER AND Sisters:the Story Of A Lowself Esteemed Introvert Geek And Loner... / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? / What do you think of Chinua Achebe? Wole Soyinka? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Theory Of Achebeism-a Thread For All Esteemed Admirer's Of Chinua Achebe by Dospix(m): 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
Prof. Chinua Achebe of blessed memory, through his work has impacted greatly in the life of many people. His earliest work(Things fall apart)is still regarded as the greatest piece that has come out of the African continent. Achebe didn't only redefine the conception held about Africans, but he also made glaring the rot in our society through his books. My first encounter with Achebe's work was in my secondary...i remember not even being able to finish the book(Things fall apart). I read the book lackadaisically, probably because i was compelled to do so, and when it seemed our literature teacher wasn't going to set her question from the book i had to abandon it. Things changed in the university after one of my lectures recommended that we read the book: Anthills of the savannah; my ideology about the world and literature changed; i didn't just read a book because i was fascinated about catching and watery stories, but i read because i came to realize that stories are meant to give us a conspicuous understanding of the situation in our society. Achebe made me understand that being a writer isn't just about telling stories, but being able to propagate an ideology that is geared towards curtailing and correcting the ill of the society. I tend to believe that Achebe's work has some form of spiritual connection to its reader... at first you get captivated by his literary dexterity-which eventually would transform you to an Achebeist.I love Chinua Achebe with passion, i have often wondered what literature would be like in Nigeria without him... he is a great man, a fact no living being can dispute. Achebe held a conception that i consider as unconventional and distinct in reality, thus, his school of thought should be named after him:"theory of Achebeism." For all lovers of Achebe's works, share your first encounter with his book and it's impact in your life. If their is to be a topic titled:"Theory of Achebeism" what would it be about? Which of his book initiated you into the fold of Achebism, and how has it changed your way of approaching literature and life in general?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My 17 Poem. (why My Teen Years Seems To Be Very Special To Me.) / Best Love Poem Ever / Atlantis: Will Rise Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.