Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,485 members, 7,830,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

April 22nd Is Around The Corner When It Will Be 3 Years That DAGRIN Died - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / April 22nd Is Around The Corner When It Will Be 3 Years That DAGRIN Died (1327 Views)

See How Dagrin Fans Remembered Him Today / Dagrin Died 6 Years Ago / April 22nd Exactly 3 Years That DAGRIN Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

April 22nd Is Around The Corner When It Will Be 3 Years That DAGRIN Died by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 10, 2013
April 22nd is around the corner when it will be 3 years that our brother left us to be in the bosom of our lord, rest assured he's smiling down on us wishing we do the right things, may his soul rest in perfect peace...... DAGRIN! Lives on in our hearts

Oladapo Olaitan Olaonipekun,also known as Dagrin (21 October 1987 – 22 April 2010), was an award winning Nigerian rapper from Ogun, Nigeria.A film of his life entitled Ghetto Dreamz was released in April 2011.

Biography
Dagrin's home was in Meiran, Alagbado, Lagos. His style of rapping incorporated Yoruba, English and Pidgin English. In 2010 he was nominated for the Nigerian Entertainment Awards for Best Album (C.E.O.), Hottest Single "Kondo", Best Rap Act and Best Collaboration with vocals. His album C.E.O. (Chief executive Omota English: Chief Executive Gangster) won the Hip hop World Award 2010 for best rap album.From it came the singles "Pon Pon Pon", and "Kondo". Dagrin worked with other Nigerian artists such as Y.Q, 9ice, M.I, Iceberg Slim, Bigiano and Konga. He associated with music producers like Sossick, Dr Frabz, Sheyman, and Frenzy.
He died at the age of 22 on 22 April 2010 after a vehicle accident in Lagos, Nigeria.

WORK

Dagrin's single "Pon Pon Pon" has some cultural significance, it talks about the life style in Lagos, Agege,Ifewara Mushin, Ikeja, Surulere, Isale Eko, and many other parts of south western Nigeria where life in the slums mixes up with life in the affluent cities and parts of Lagos Nigeria. His songs touch upon ethnicity, pride, while surviving the streets of Lagos and a hint of criticism elderly people hurls against bad behaviour.
The music video proudly displays young people in their twenties and early thirties proudly displaying their tribal marks in retrospect of the old Yoruba empire of Ile-Ife.

Ashawo dey every where,even gay dey
fear,say ashawo collect all the boys for
this year, I no say I be sinner GOD I dey
sin,every day we go shayo all night na
dry gin,I know say heaven dey, GOD
even dey,if u wan chop cake na then u go know say oven dey...RIP.
"Erin loo, Ajanaku loo, Akogun loo, Daaaaaagrini loo"........" taba ni kama so lati eni d'oola o, koni ki eni to lo, ko pada bo wa oooo, o ti di arin nako, od'oju ala o, awa toku ka gbaye se rere".
RIP CHIEF EXECUTIVE OMOITA!!!

COMMENT IF YOU REALLY MISS HIM
source http://www.bekkyblog.com/2013/04/april-22nd-is-around-corner-when-it.html

Re: April 22nd Is Around The Corner When It Will Be 3 Years That DAGRIN Died by Rapmaestro(m): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
We Miss u... @ My Oga at the top..
Not u o.. Doctor isa o.. I meant Dagrin mi.. R.I.P
Re: April 22nd Is Around The Corner When It Will Be 3 Years That DAGRIN Died by Saraben(f): 9:58pm On Apr 10, 2013
i was busy reading ds long story..my oga at d top com first me comment..no shit stil second to comment...less i 4get RIP dagrin
Re: April 22nd Is Around The Corner When It Will Be 3 Years That DAGRIN Died by Rapmaestro(m): 10:08pm On Apr 10, 2013
Saraben: i was busy reading ds long story..my oga at d top com first me comment..no shit stil second to comment...less i 4get RIP dagrin
sowi babe.. Oya take paracetamol

1 Like

Re: April 22nd Is Around The Corner When It Will Be 3 Years That DAGRIN Died by sahyd1(m): 11:04pm On Apr 10, 2013
Dagrin lives on! Lyrical underground hustler! I mourn U̶̲̥̅̊ once again til I join U̶̲̥̅̊!
Love U̶̲̥̅̊ Broda!
Re: April 22nd Is Around The Corner When It Will Be 3 Years That DAGRIN Died by oluwadare26(m): 11:47pm On Apr 10, 2013
I can never pass ur news by without dropping my tribute..
Seems like yesterday, i remember we were having our biology practical(waec) then, i was dumbfounded when i heard u were dead., i remember i wrote on the top left corner of my Examination Sheet that my paper was dedicated 2 u....u were the best Rapper Nigeria ever had.....
Sun re o boda, O lenu bi Ponponpon Pa, Executive Omo Ita
Re: April 22nd Is Around The Corner When It Will Be 3 Years That DAGRIN Died by mrfoxx(m): 3:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
Even though your Gone
You still live on
Your the best
And will always be in "My" heart
I miss you
You are one of a kind
A rare gem
Naija Music miss you
You left a vacuum no other rapper can fill
Till we meet again
We will cherish everytime we spent together
Every time u spent spreading your word
Lyrical WeRay'
R I P always
May God forgive the sins You committed
Knowingly and unknowingly WE'll always love you

TFF
Re: April 22nd Is Around The Corner When It Will Be 3 Years That DAGRIN Died by funkydot(f): 1:06am On Apr 14, 2013
Omo Ogun, My Lyrical Were...miss u so much but guess u had 2 go when d ovation was loudest! Ur shoes too big 4 any to step in but Olamide dy rep u well. RIP bro respect!
Re: April 22nd Is Around The Corner When It Will Be 3 Years That DAGRIN Died by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 14, 2013
Re: April 22nd Is Around The Corner When It Will Be 3 Years That DAGRIN Died by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 14, 2013
Re: April 22nd Is Around The Corner When It Will Be 3 Years That DAGRIN Died by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 22, 2013
RIP DAGRIN
Re: April 22nd Is Around The Corner When It Will Be 3 Years That DAGRIN Died by ijebabe: 11:35am On Apr 22, 2013

(1)

Autopsy Reveals Michael Jackson’s Secrets / P-square Moving To Parkview Estate, Ikoyi / I Love You Nadia Tweets Jim Iyke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.