Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop (15680 Views)

Forsale A Plot Of Land @ Dominion Estate Omitoro Off Ijede Road Ikorodu Lagos / 1unit Of 2bedroom,1unit Of 3bedroom Bungalow Forsale @dominion Estate pix inside / Sold SolForsale- 1 Plot Of Land@ Dominion Estate Omitoro Ikorod 2,3 bedroom flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by blancason: 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by blancason: 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
Sprumbaba:
I am sure you are part of those selling lands without a verifiable title. What you stated here does not make any sense.I will rather buy a land that is expensive with good document than buy a cheap land without document. Just to point are you fail to understand a simple write up by lawyer (I dont know how you pass exams) . The said dominion Estate has No Approved Site Layout as required by Lagos State, Has no File number at Alausa towards the gazette shiit. Why would you start selling lands based on omoonile receipts. If you had lost money to this fraudsters in the past, you wont come here to display you ignorance just to be heard. You better go to Jokes and love forums.

No substance or point, just insults.....if you are an example of an educated person, then i don't want to be educated. Please read my post again, this time slowly.I gave instances and real life experiences, you said nothing. i pray God grants you understanding (Amen)

PS; I'm begining to suspect there is a movement against this estate, as the arguements and claims are getting ridiculous. The above poster is very ignorant about how title process and i wont bother teaching him.

Anyhow, i am not part of the promoters, but have sought them out and met with them and the land owners
Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by Ilaje44(m): 11:07am On Apr 14, 2013
blancason:

No substance or point, just insults.....if you are an example of an educated person, then i don't want to be educated. Please read my post again, this time slowly.I gave instances and real life experiences, you said nothing. i pray God grants you understanding (Amen)

PS; I'm begining to suspect there is a movement against this estate, as the arguements and claims are getting ridiculous.

Anyhow, i am not part of the promoters, but have sought them out and met with them and the land owners

Why do you feel the need to repeat yourself to fill up the pages? Spamming doesn't cast a shadow of honesty on you at all. Make your points and spam not the page. I thought you were making a genuine point until you started spamming the thread. Doing business is all about risk, but laws and execution of these laws is what help to minimize the risk of doing business. In Nigeria, there is no easy lawful way of seeking redress, if one falls prey to the sharks
This is the reason it is extremely difficult to do business in Nigeria. I'd rather buy expensive, but with all papers, than buy cheap and have unending headaches with omo onile, Fraudsters, Govt sanctioned gangsters.
Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by lawyeribeju: 3:46pm On Apr 14, 2013
JummyBy: Hmmm, May God save us from these 419ers. Good job Op.
I truly want to express how JummyBy quickly suggested that the marketers promoting Dominion Gardens and Parks are fraudulent 419 People. May I ask you to state the investigated facts that make you call them 419.I hoe you know that if you accuse someone wrongly , you are subject to 2years improsonement. State your facts or is it just whatever you hear or read at Nairaland you take as facts.

Omonile Lawyer does not know where Dominion Gardens and Parks is!! He has not visited it, he has not investigated any document of it, No body duped him of any money of his. He does not even go near any investment Risk, all he does is see an advert and begin to call the people thieves. Others who don't even know anything about the property like him take it up and begin to thank him for false accusation.

Lets stop this trigger happy behaviour

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by lawyeribeju: 4:05pm On Apr 14, 2013
This REPLY IS CENTERED ON THE WRITE UP BY Sprumbaba:
"I am sure you are part of those selling lands without a verifiable title. What you stated here does not make any sense.I will rather buy a land that is expensive with good document than buy a cheap land without document. Just to point are you fail to understand a simple write up by lawyer (I dont know how you pass exams) . The said dominion Estate has No Approved Site Layout as required by Lagos State, Has no File number at Alausa towards the gazette shiit. Why would you start selling lands based on omoonile receipts. If you had lost money to this fraudsters in the past, you wont come here to display you ignorance just to be heard. You better go to Jokes and love forums".

Dear Nairalanders I have quoted the Gazette File number of Dominion Gardens and Parks as KL/6886/7 and i can see that Sprumbaba has forgotten to wear his recommended Glasses before coming online thats why he omitted the Gazette File number as stated, Please tell him all you Nairalanders that the number is looking for has been posted on Nairaland and that he can go and verify it, tomorrow and come here and tell you all what his findings were.

Lets see who is displaying ignorance, Sprumbaba...Who knows if Sprumbaba knows anything about buying land at all in Lagos.
Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by gabbytabby: 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2013
Thanks Lawyer for the write up. I had the opportunity of visiting this site and another in the area on Thursday 11th April 2013 and it does not meet my investment criteria. In my assessment, It frankly has the same status as an omonile land as the sellers have not erected structures that demonstrates their significant claim which qualifies it to be called an estate and it really is far both from the road and in the axis region. I consider it overpriced and there are a lot of properties and estates in the region that provides better value for money.

What is happening is that some people will go and buy a sizeable plot about 20 to 30 and start to market it to unsuspecting people in the diaspora without any documentation. With a little more money say 1m to 1.5m you can get something meaningful and in reasonably good distance.
Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by Sprumbaba: 6:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
lawyer@ibeju:
This REPLY IS CENTERED ON THE WRITE UP BY Sprumbaba:
"I am sure you are part of those selling lands without a verifiable title. What you stated here does not make any sense.I will rather buy a land that is expensive with good document than buy a cheap land without document. Just to point are you fail to understand a simple write up by lawyer (I dont know how you pass exams) . The said dominion Estate has No Approved Site Layout as required by Lagos State, Has no File number at Alausa towards the gazette shiit. Why would you start selling lands based on omoonile receipts. If you had lost money to this fraudsters in the past, you wont come here to display you ignorance just to be heard. You better go to Jokes and love forums".

Dear Nairalanders I have quoted the Gazette File number of Dominion Gardens and Parks as KL/6886/7 and i can see that Sprumbaba has forgotten to wear his recommended Glasses before coming online thats why he omitted the Gazette File number as stated, Please tell him all you Nairalanders that the number is looking for has been posted on Nairaland and that he can go and verify it, tomorrow and come here and tell you all what his findings were.

Lets see who is displaying ignorance, Sprumbaba...Who knows if Sprumbaba knows anything about buying land at all in Lagos.
I don't do cheap 500,000 naira land. Do your silly Estate you are promoting has approved Layout? Capital No. You can pick on your little defense of having gazette number only and omo onile receipt. I will never advice anyone to buy into such estate because it is fraud. Can you see ooze fraud for setting up a new account? Nairalanders Should stay way from estate like this.
Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by gabbytabby: 6:12pm On Apr 14, 2013
@ibejulekkilawyer

I wait patiently for the pictures you are going to post and please include distance to the estate.

If its marketed as land for sale with family receipt as documentation no one would question you as you have disclosed all facts. But the erecting of a 2.5metre by 1.5metre signboard does not then turn it into an estate
Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by helpee(m): 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2013
Sprumbaba:
I don't do cheap 500,000 naira land. Do your silly Estate you are promoting has approved Layout? Capital No. You can pick on your little defense of having gazette number only and omo onile receipt. I will never advice anyone to buy into such estate because it is fraud. Can you see ooze fraud for setting up a new account? Nairalanders Should stay way from estate like this.
you dont just say because it has no approved layout, it is fraud. such conclusion is nauseating. remember u are spoiling somebody's business wtout any genuine ground to do so. u may not be doing 500k deal but so many people are even doing 200k deal and it is still genuine many times with only omo onile receipt. pls leave them alone and allow individuals makr their own investment choices
Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by amanikondo: 7:23pm On Apr 14, 2013
gabbytabby: Thanks Lawyer for the write up. I had the opportunity of visiting this site and another in the area on Thursday 11th April 2013 and it does not meet my investment criteria. In my assessment, It frankly has the same status as an omonile land as the sellers have not erected structures that demonstrates their significant claim which qualifies it to be called an estate and it really is far both from the road and in a region. I consider it overpriced and there are a lot of properties and estates in the region that provides better value for money.

What is happening is that some people will go and buy a sizeable plot about 20 to 30 and start to market it to unsuspecting people in the diaspora without any documentation. With a little more money say 1m to 1.5m you can get something meaningful and in reasonably good distance.

This says it all about the land. Can Ibeju Lekki lawyer post pictures of the land? I doubt it.
Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by DBproperty: 7:24pm On Apr 14, 2013
Sprumbaba:

@sprumbaba we are not all equal,some pple can afford expensive land while others cannot.thing are so hard in this country.
Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by amanikondo: 7:33pm On Apr 14, 2013
DBproperty: OMONILE LAWYER VS IBEJU LEKKI LAWYER:

Truly, I wish I saw this soiling of and Molesting of a peoples dignity and Integrity without facts and figures earlier than now, looking at the date of the post titled 'fraudulent guerrilla marketing of Dominion estate must stop' and going through it from beginning to end raises my upset and I stand to say that this blasphemy of a community in Ibeju should and must stop. My name is Ibeju-Lekki Lawyer and I want to be addressed as that because I have come here first as a Land owner in Ibeju-Lekki and as a knowledgeable person about the issues on land matters in Ibeju-Lekki, By land owner I mean I have bought some plots of land in Ibeju-Lekki Including Dominion Gardens and Parks Estate, I have had interaction and still interact with some other Estate developing companies in Ibeju-Lekki, I have investigated the company marketing Lands in dominion gardens and Parks, I have a copy of their CAC registration, their tax to the Lagos state Government is fully paid, they are registered with the SCULM of EFCC and they are guaranteed by me to do business with,but wait before you think I am marketing for them, I want to brief all you Nairalanders starting with some corrections from Omonile Lawyer.

OMONILE LAWYER HAS NEVER BEEN TO DOMINION GARDENS AND PARKS AND DOES NOT KNOW WHERE IT IS-LET ME PROVE THIS TO YOU:
From his statement and I quote:'I decided to google the Estate in question to see what they were selling and i noticed so many agents were marketing this estate and this is what it brought up:' This goes to say that Omonile Lawyer visited Dominion Gardens and Parks on the internet. How can we Nigerians, Nairalanders listen to everything anyone says on the Forum, just because he has internet access but DID NOT MAKE HIS OWN FINDINGS brandishing and spoiling peoples name and Intention: I am proving this just wait, apart from the fact that he visited the land/Estate Called Dominion gardens on the internet, he doesn't know the geography of Ibeju Lekki, I live in Etiosa but a stone throw from Ibeju Lekki.

Why do i say he has not visited the site DOMINION GARDENS AND PARKS: I say so because first he claims he went to FREE TRADE ZONE,via Eleko and this is his statement:' I was at La champagne tropicana this Easter Monday past and i made sure i took my time to calculate the time to get to that place and study all the amenities there. That place is not an estate you should buy for residential purposes in the next 3 to 5 years or so. Forget it and don't let all these guerrilla marketers fool you. I am not against people marketing lands for sale wherever they want but am against half truths just to collect money.'

Omonile lawyer went to the Free Trade zone Area and with that conviction and concluded that there is no Estate like Dominion gardens and Parks.DOMINION GARDENS AND PARKS IS NOT IN THE FREE TRADE ZONE AREA!Najia hear am.I have even taken the Coordinates of the land in Dominion gardens and Parks, I have gone to Alausa with the coordinates and make my finding, I even have the registered Survey plan, and other documents belonging to the land, and because I was really interested in buying yet another property in Ibeju Lekki at that time I entered the lands bureaux in Alausa made contacts that day in January of this year and got the whole gist Morever, i am a full time investor in Real Estate(Don't confuse this, I am a business man in Lagos who loves to invest in Real estate, i am not a real estate Practitioner) because I know the gains of real Estate Investing and I have seen how real estate investing can change peoples lives.

NOW LET ME CORRECT OMONILE LAWYER
Dominion Gardens and Parks is in Eleranigbe Area of ibeju Lekki, Eleranigbe is just after the Ibeju bridge(the long bridge where you see palm wine sellers), Eleranigbe is close to the New and already being constructed Cargo International airport, the Airport Construction is in its preliminary stage, (pictures attached).

FOR YOUR CONSUMPTION-IBEJU LEKKI.
Ibeju Lekki starts from an area called Majek. Majek is about 500 meters from crown Estate , crown Estate is within the environs of Sangotedo, Ibeju Lekki spans the left and right of all the lands in that area up to about six kilometers after the Ibeju Bridge before you now land on Epe Local government.The Free Trade zone is equally in Ibeju Lekki but la campaign Tropicana is in LEKKI LCDA. Just like YABA LCDA. LCDA means local council development Authority. This ultimately puts sangotedo, okoaddo, abraham adesanya, ikota , chevron down to Victoria Island in Etiosa local government. some of the Villages(Now 'vilages' does not mean people are not living there, haba this is Lagos even in our villages in the south people live there) in Ibeju Lekki are as follows: Abijo, Awoyaya, Lakowe, Eputu, Oribanwa, Igando Oloja,Eleko, Eluju,Bankole,Eleranigbe,Shapati,Bogije etc . I presently have over 70 plots of Land in Ibeju Lekki and I am still buying after proper investigation, mind you I fence or at least put pillars on the four corners of my land or put a malam there and please if you are reading this write up and I did not mention your own village , it is not deliberate, i mentioned the once i could easily remember and secondly on this point if you are buying a land that is not within an estate please make your presence known by doing a CURRENT REGISTERED Survey on the plot, it costs about N150,000 to N200,000(officially) depending on the Surveyor you are using, registering your land with the Land Bureaux is a way of claiming your land and putting a fence or beacons is possession of your land but please don't leave any land you bought from omonile without a fence. even if it is not a fence buy 2 trips of concrete or a couple of sharp sand and blocks and leave it on the center of the land.

ADDRESSING A VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE ABOUT THE DOCUMENTATION OF DOMINION GARDENS-TERMS AND TERMINOLOGIES
I quote Omonile Lawyer once again:"The worst part is that the Estate is being sold without any Government paper whatsoever. When you check the advertisement, you wont see anything concerning the title of the Estate but when you quiz the Agents they will reluctantly tell you that the Land has a Gazette under Processing"

I would counteract this argument by staring with this story:TRUE LIFE STORY:In 1979 my friend bought 3 plots of land at the rate of N5,000 each at Lekki phase 2, I did not buy but we were approached by the same seller at that time, I only bought a 504 and was cruising town with it. Today my 504 is long gone even though I use jeeps now , I learnt a big lesson from that incident. That my friend has a filling station on the express on one of those lands he bought about 25years ago and he is making a kill from it, he also has two houses on the other plots, he lives on one and is renting the other one for N5million per annum to an insurance company , he did not spend up to one million building it back then. When the land was brought to us back then, It was family receipt that the owners brought to us as Documents, today my friend has perfected his documents and has a certificate of occupancy on it and that was just about 15years ago he did it.

What are my saying: I am saying that buying lands in lagos is very profitable, and it is in lagos that these lands are as profitable next to Abuja, Port-harcourt and the likes, If you wait till all the documents of a land comes out before you buy, you are kidding yourself, lol. I can understand when omonile lawyer says "are you Fashola or the state Government" he is being protective and helping Nairalanders to protect their money.

Most of the lands in developed Lagos never had any document when they were sold ,even some of them still don't have till date and there are buildings on them but thats not my advice, if you must buy a land from Omonile, buy with knowledge. Let me explain:

GLOBAL ACQUISITION AND COMMITTED ACQUISITION:
First What is Acquisition: Acquisition is the right of the Government in trust over all the lands in a state. All lands in a state is said to be acquired until it has received excision. Excision is when the owners of a land get an approval from the Government stating that the government has no need of the land. This is based on the Land use act of 1978.Noe all the lands in Lagos in which the Government is interested in have been mapped out already, like the Free trade zone , sea port , Airport , Golf course and other infrastructural development areas, and that land use act law also states that the government will relocate any community they have taken land from, even if they don't give them all of the same quantity of land , this is when you hear of Government allocation land. A parel of land that has not received excision is said to be under global acquisition but as long as the Customary owners(omonile's)have done the perimeter survey of their land and have started processing their excision,it is safe to buy if they have been given a Gazette file number , the gazette file no of Dominion Gardens an parks is KL/6887/6 and the coordinates of the land in Dominion gardens is
721280.141mn and 596840.233me , please copy that and give it to any government registered surveyor or go to the lands bureaux and give it to them, they will tell you that it is still under global acquisition ie it has not received its gazette but it has a gazette file number and that it is in the list of those that will get gazette, however not all of it in the phase of the gazetting will get excision but that the customary owners as well as its marketing company can still apply for a second batch and a third batch, good and that's because I went deep and I always go deep when I want buy a property.Investing in Ibeju lekki and practically all lands is a risk but that of Dominion Gardens and parks is a GOOD RISK. If you want to safe guard your money buy not buying, you are free but let me advice you , your money will depreciate in value as you keep it. As long as a land in not tagged COMMITED ACQUISITION which is the acquisition where government has a need for that land in the Future, it is safe to invest into, this is my advice as a long time land investor.

Meanwhile investing in land(Land that has potential of receiving a gasette) is a leverage, its a legacy for your kids. Do you think if people waited for Lekki Phase one to get to where it is today, that they will be able to buy it, it is only the wise once that bought lekki phase one lands when it was N150,000 and less, try it now and hear N400,000,000. who is loosing, you. and do you know what in 2 years time people will be living in Eleranigbe, there are already a few houses in Eleranigbe and I for one I am following up with the development in the documentation of dominion gardens. i can give you contacts in Alausa for more enquiries even workers in Physical development and planning but thats if you truly appreciate this work of mine this morning.

WHY DO SOME PEOPLE COMPARE MOWE-IBAFO AND IBEJU LEKKI
Mowe ibafo, Agbara , should never be compared with Ibeju Lekki, Ibeju Lekki is far more better than those areas because those areas do not have any infrastructural development coming to them and that is why their prices still remain where they are; and NEVER confuse LEKKI with Ibeju Lekki. Lekki is in Eti-Osa while Ibeju Lekki is in Ibeju Local government whose secretariat is in Igando Oloja a few kilometers from Eleko.

Good Morning Nigeria, and promise, i will repost this article later this week with pictures of the environs of DOMINION GARDENS AND PARKS, I was even at one of their meeting with their customers on one of their property in Eleranigbe and just yesterday a copy of the recording of the proceedings got to me, so expect this video on Youtube in the coming week with a link posted on Nairaland, In that meeting all the Baales, chiefs , olori-ebi and OMONILE's were features and they made their confessions of having sold their land to PWAN LTD the marketers of Dominion gardens and parks and other Estates.

So at last , don't wait on fear , Buy wisely like I do . I will be happy to render advice to anyone who wants to buy land in Ibeju Lekki and is not sure just email me on lawyer@ibejulekki.com.

STAY BLESSED
New account just to write this essay.
Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by amanikondo: 9:16pm On Apr 14, 2013
DBproperty:

@amanikondo.yes and do you have a problem with that

I don't. Also, you dont have to tell me a story of how someone bought a land in 1979 and is selling for 400,000,000. That is bound to happen to lands.
Also, i will like to point out that you can find kids to brain wash in Relationship and jokes section but not on property section. We care about our investment and some of us were burnt during Mowe/Ofada land rush era. All you posted was a sale and marketing letter to buy ibeju lekki - Dominion Estate. I quoted someone that has visited your proposed estate and advised that it did not suit his investment purpose and you never bothered to reply but jumped on other post. I have no problem with the Domion Ibeju Lekki land sale as every man can take decision for themselves.
Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by blancason: 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
Ilaje44:

Why do you feel the need to repeat yourself to fill up the pages? Spamming doesn't cast a shadow of honesty on you at all. Make your points and spam not the page. I thought you were making a genuine point until you started spamming the thread. Doing business is all about risk, but laws and execution of these laws is what help to minimize the risk of doing business. In Nigeria, there is no easy lawful way of seeking redress, if one falls prey to the sharks
This is the reason it is extremely difficult to do business in Nigeria. I'd rather buy expensive, but with all papers, than buy cheap and have unending headaches with omo onile, Fraudsters, Govt sanctioned gangsters.

I'm sorry...i never wanted to repeat myself but my internet service gave me wrong signals so kept hitting the resend button, thinking the post has not been delivered. I culdnt even go back to delete. If you noticed, i tried to delete the post in the first repetition but just couldnt manage on the rest. Thank God the mod hid them. Never meant to spam
Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by Delafruita(m): 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
i truly appreciate what lawyer does on this forum however i think its very wrong for someone with clout to make such pronouncements without investigation.i recall sometime ago a thread was started by euromillion on this same dominion gardens and i offered him some advise based on my knowledge of the terrain and the area.

first,dominion gardens never claimed to be in lekki,they are in ibeju-lekki.i have had course to visit the area so i know where their estate is.as for the gated fence and other amenities promised,i am certain dominion gardens didnt claim they were in place,they probably listed them as some of the things that will be put in place.

it is unfortunate that lawyer will bring up mowe/ofada as a reason to tacitly downplay the integrity of the promoters of dominion gardens estate.personally,as a businessman,i wont invest my money in a place when i am told the "gazette is been processed".however,i am very familiar with the estate development business(at least the sale of serviced plots) and i know everything is done in phases.mowe/ofada was an unfortunate experience for many companies and individuals but not all those who invested in mowe/ofada got their hands burnt.

lawyer failed to mention that there is a difference between an acquired land and a committed land.under the laws of lagos state,an acquired land can be ratified and a simple was put in place for that.lagos state has made effort to distinguish between acquired and committed lands so as to calm the fears of investors who used to have cold feet when charts show lands to be under government acquisition.

the comments by lawyer that the government is acquiring more land because of the free trade zone only shows that he hasnt done his due diligence in that area.the free trade zone and deep sea ports are in a totally different axis from where dominion gardens is.the LFZ is after akodo on the way to la campagn tropicana while the site for the lekki international airport is just after elerangbe or precisely in ilamija which is also where the CHOSEN church have their university.

the site for the airport has been well marked out and while the surrounding lands are also under acquisition,4000hectares of it is in the process of been ratified.it is certain that the government will not ratify the 4000hectares and it i a reality that some of it has already been gazetted.i also have it on good authority that the road from elerangbe junction is expected to become a dual carriage way which will link up to badore by road and awoyaya by ferry.

it should be noted that i am not one of the promioters of dominion gardens neither do i have any connection with them.besides dominion gardens isnt the only estate in the area.there are about 6 estates in that area alone.domini0on estates seems to have very aggressive marketers and that seems to be why they are perhapos the most visible.those familiar with that area will know that its the lands on the right side from elerangbe junction that are under acquisition and in the process of been ratified.unfortunately,dominion gardens is on that side of the road.in all sincerity,if i were a stakeholder in dominion gardens,i would not have been a party to acquiring on that side since the left side is free from acquisition.however,they are probably privy to some information which i am not.i am well aware that with the calibre of people pushing for the ratification(one of whom is a justice of the supreme court),there is a high probability their site will be ratified.

the only reason i have taken the time to type this long epistle is because i expected lawyer to have done his due diligence since he knows his words carry a lot of weight.our firm also has an estate in that area.investment in real estate is a matter of foresight and with the activities of government and developers in that area,its bound to be a goldmine in years to come.its not about the next few months,rather its about years to come.

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by Delafruita(m): 5:44pm On Apr 15, 2013
lawyer:

@amanikondo

I tire o! Anyway I was expecting this. There is no need to respond or start a fight. Am used to these kind of things and I rarely get fazed by the responses. Everything ibeju Lekki wrote is marketing on their behalf because he is associated with them. With that in mind there is no point exchanging statistics or quarreling over who is right or wrong. Bottom line is that once there is a gazette then people can buy free from any fear from any quarter and I will withdraw my comments.

@ at ibejulekki lawyer

Quick question, lets assume I intend to buy the land as you have marketed here and claimed to everybody that I have soiled dominion estates lands and I intend to build immediately, please advice me on the following.

1. Since it has no gazette, how do I obtain my building plan legally? Because I can't build without a c/o or consent to obtain my building plan. Do I have to wait till the gazette comes out in ' A FEW WEEKS TIME' or what?

2. How do I process my governors consent immediately?

3. If I intend to collect a bank loan on the land, what documents do I present for my land

4. What if by some fluke of nature or act of parliament, the Lagos state government decides to revoke the land for its own purposes since all lands belongs to the government anyway, what sort of compensation from the government will I receive since it has no gazette or global c/o

5. And finally does every gazette file processed in Alausa result in an Issuance of a Gazette? Besides the Gazette your talking about is to be issued to the host community and not your Estate your marketing. So are you acting on behalf of the community too and the estate your marketing here?
Lawyer,i think you should make the effort to properly investigate the issue.my major issue with dominion gardens was the bolded.however,if you had taken the time to do proper investigation,you'd have known that dominion gardens isnt at eleko.its actually at elerangbe just after oke-igun.when you get to elerangbe junction,the road divides the area into 2 distinct parts.our firm was interested in getting 20acres of land in that area for our estate and we always have our surveyors take their charts before proceeding with negotiation.the chart revealed that the left side of the road was majorly free from acquisition while the right was under government acquisition.however,when the site of the airport was properly defined,the remaining portion was available for ratification.you are aware of the process of ratification so i wont go into details.

like i stated earlier,if i were to be the promoter of dominion gardens,i would probably not have invested on the right side till the gazette was released.you should know that the land in questions isnt owned by just one family.besides there are about 10 small villages and towns along that stretch from elerangbe juntion.its a very massive expanse.

anyone who buys land in that area is doing so for investment purposes or for longterm purposes.its not about buying and building immediately.the estate developers will process all the required documents just as you will process your documents on one plot of land.i bought a plot of land in igando sometime ago and till date i dont have the c of o.same for my land in oko-afo on which av almost finished building.if i attempt to sell this land,does that make me a fraudster because i dont have government documents?i can understand your views as a lawyer on the need for proper documentation.however,the reality is such zeal is only shown in the so-called highbrow areas.a large percentage of lands in lagos have just purchase agreement,some have just the family receipt,does that invalidate the ownership?i understand the risks of not having the right documents,but to attempt to say the unavailibility of c of o or the "processing of it" invalidates the ownership is wrong.

my final word on dominion gardens is this,i know where it is because i pass by it.i cant say for certain how far the process for gazette has gone.but people shouldnt shy away from investing in ibeju-lekki.there are estates with lands free from government acquisition.i wouldnt use this opportunity to advertise one estate or another,not even the one promoted by our firm which is on land that is totally free from government acquisition.

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by DBproperty: 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2013
Delafruita: i truly appreciate what lawyer does on this forum however i think its very wrong for someone with clout to make such pronouncements without investigation.i recall sometime ago a thread was started by euromillion on this same dominion gardens and i offered him some advise based on my knowledge of the terrain and the area.

first,dominion gardens never claimed to be in lekki,they are in ibeju-lekki.i have had course to visit the area so i know where their estate is.as for the gated fence and other amenities promised,i am certain dominion gardens didnt claim they were in place,they probably listed them as some of the things that will be put in place.

it is unfortunate that lawyer will bring up mowe/ofada as a reason to tacitly downplay the integrity of the promoters of dominion gardens estate.personally,as a businessman,i wont invest my money in a place when i am told the "gazette is been processed".however,i am very familiar with the estate development business(at least the sale of serviced plots) and i know everything is done in phases.mowe/ofada was an unfortunate experience for many companies and individuals but not all those who invested in mowe/ofada got their hands burnt.

lawyer failed to mention that there is a difference between an acquired land and a committed land.under the laws of lagos state,an acquired land can be ratified and a simple was put in place for that.lagos state has made effort to distinguish between acquired and committed lands so as to calm the fears of investors who used to have cold feet when charts show lands to be under government acquisition.

the comments by lawyer that the government is acquiring more land because of the free trade zone only shows that he hasnt done his due diligence in that area.the free trade zone and deep sea ports are in a totally different axis from where dominion gardens is.the LFZ is after akodo on the way to la campagn tropicana while the site for the lekki international airport is just after elerangbe or precisely in ilamija which is also where the CHOSEN church have their university.

the site for the airport has been well marked out and while the surrounding lands are also under acquisition,4000hectares of it is in the process of been ratified.it is certain that the government will not ratify the 4000hectares and it i a reality that some of it has already been gazetted.i also have it on good authority that the road from elerangbe junction is expected to become a dual carriage way which will link up to badore by road and awoyaya by ferry.

it should be noted that i am not one of the promioters of dominion gardens neither do i have any connection with them.besides dominion gardens isnt the only estate in the area.there are about 6 estates in that area alone.domini0on estates seems to have very aggressive marketers and that seems to be why they are perhapos the most visible.those familiar with that area will know that its the lands on the right side from elerangbe junction that are under acquisition and in the process of been ratified.unfortunately,dominion gardens is on that side of the road.in all sincerity,if i were a stakeholder in dominion gardens,i would not have been a party to acquiring on that side since the left side is free from acquisition.however,they are probably privy to some information which i am not.i am well aware that with the calibre of people pushing for the ratification(one of whom is a justice of the supreme court),there is a high probability their site will be ratified.

the only reason i have taken the time to type this long epistle is because i expected lawyer to have done his due diligence since he knows his words carry a lot of weight.our firm also has an estate in that area.investment in real estate is a matter of foresight and with the activities of government and developers in that area,its bound to be a goldmine in years to come.its not about the next few months,rather its about years to come.

@delafruita thanks so much for your post,i hope omo,onile lawyer would take note,make corrections and use his power wisely
Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by DBproperty: 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
lawyer: @ DB property and ibeju Lekki lawyer

The next time you both combine to spam the property forum you will be banned. I have no problems with you disagreeing with readers on NL but if you continue to repost this long windy essay over and over again you will be blocked permanently. Please govern yourself accordingly

@lawyer sorry about that,my internet network was bad and i did not know my message were sent,i thou it did not deliver
that was why i kept trying
Re: Fraudulent Guerilla Marketing Of Dominion Estate Must Stop by DBproperty: 7:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
amanikondo:

I don't. Also, you dont have to tell me a story of how someone bought a land in 1979 and is selling for 400,000,000. That is bound to happen to lands.
Also, i will like to point out that you can find kids to brain wash in Relationship and jokes section but not on property section. We care about our investment and some of us were burnt during Mowe/Ofada land rush era. All you posted was a sale and marketing letter to buy ibeju lekki - Dominion Estate. I quoted someone that has visited your proposed estate and advised that it did not suit his investment purpose and you never bothered to reply but jumped on other post. I have no problem with the Domion Ibeju Lekki land sale as every man can take decision for themselves.

good you don't have a problem with opening a new account ,well i never told or sent you a story.he was only giving an example to Nairalanders,i read the post from ibejulekkilawyer. it's your business if you think your brain is so sharp you know it all or you like to go back to primary school where you would find kids and start all over again and learn better.as for the mowe/ibafo issue sorry about that but information is power.(you quoted someone that has visited the proposed estate and advised that it did not suit his investment purpose and you never bothered to reply but jumped on other post.)well i never told you i own the estate,and we all have our choices to make and our financial status matters a lot.i never jumped on you or other post i only replyed to you question.bye and i hope to joint you soon on the joke section have a great day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Building Collapses In Dosunmu Street, Lagos, One Confirmed Dead / 5.Nos of R/palour selfcon at linted stagefor sale at N4.9million and negotiable. / Cheap Land In Asaba, Delta State For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.