Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card (14862 Views)

FG To Link BVN With National ID Card By 2016 / Buhari Presented With His National ID Card (Photos) / FG Replaces Nwabueze Obi With Haruna Jaro As Acting DG, NIMASA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 11, 2013
Okija_juju: Really?!

After several billions of Dollars have been spent on contracts for Voters registration over the span of 13 years, they now decide to scrap it.. angry

I have done National I.D registration once and Voters registration twice, yet nothing to show for it..

Naija I hail o!!
That is PDP and Jona's fresh mess for u.

1 Like

Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by hikmoj(m): 11:04am On Apr 11, 2013
Dat's naija 4u.
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by Tinkybabe(f): 11:13am On Apr 11, 2013
Apart from the fact that this would be another avenue to siphon funds into our leaders' bank acounts, this is a welcome development at least a national identity card would be accepted as a valid form of identification every/anywhere.
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by Emperor007: 11:22am On Apr 11, 2013
browncool: So strange that Nigeria as a country still waist money when the world powers are almost stranded thinking of how to feed their citizens, voters card in the USA and Europe are linked to ones Personal Birth Code registered withing 10 days after birth, kids should be registered at birth and that's all, Birth code = National id = jobless card for social = voting card till the end of time, whats hard that a Nation full of Intelligent people like Nigeria can't do?

^^^

Corruption makes it very difficult, if not impossible to do.

Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by oshinlajaneyo(m): 11:22am On Apr 11, 2013
Dis pple are jst clueless, since they no where deh are going, why can't deh scrap it now nd energize d national identity stuff. Another Billions of Naira going 0ooooooo. I deh Haiiiiiil 00oooo
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by dozieo(m): 11:26am On Apr 11, 2013
I hope it works this time so we can minimize rigging!
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by Emperor007: 11:28am On Apr 11, 2013
Did anyone notice that the usage of national ID card in place of voters card, would be after 2015 and 2019 election? Or did I read a different article?

Watching

Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by hikmoj(m): 11:32am On Apr 11, 2013
Wit National ID card if prsn is eligible 2vote dat means one can vote anywia in d country nt like b4 wen prsn wil vote only wia one rgistred.if dis devlpmnt works it wil pave way 4 anoda mago mago, wayo wayo&wuru wuru inec/FG led elections.may God deliva us 4rm unvisionary leaders.
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by luluosas(m): 11:34am On Apr 11, 2013
After billions have already gone down the drain.
Meanwhile, this is the best part in the whole news.
Also yesterday, the Federal Executive approved the institutionalisation of a six level national vocational qualifications framework in Nigeria and the placement of the national vocational qualifications in the scheme of service.

Minister of Education, Professor Ruqayyatu Rufa’I who disclosed this emphasised that the scheme is to down play over reliance on paper qualification and integrate skilled professionals into the scheme of service both in the public and Private sector.

According to her, “as Nigeria aspires to become a major player in the world economy, the place of skilled and competent workforce cannot be under played.

“A competent workforce necessary for higher productivity and effective implementation of development projects are building blocks for the economy

“The phenomenon of vocational skills framework as been embraced by many countries as a vital scheme to enhance development of competent workforce and ensure that qualifications to occupations are flexible, transparent and accountable.

“As Nigeria transforms to one of the world’s major economies, the greatest asset needed is a competent workforce, which the council believes could be best realized under the National Vocational Qualifications Framework (NVQF)” she said.
Our too much reliance on paper qualifications have seen Nigeria nose dived to backwardness whereas, there are hundreds and thousands of skilled labourers that can do the job more effectively.

2 Likes

Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by hikmoj(m): 11:42am On Apr 11, 2013
It seams ur only headek is d 'ABOKIS' dis post of urs clearly shows d tribal sentiment,bigotry&segregation in u. patrotism&tribalism are like water&fire,BEWARE
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by hikmoj(m): 11:50am On Apr 11, 2013
Black Peni5: At Last...Something sensible by the FG. All the aboki cows, goats, chickens, etc that have been voting during elections should have it a little more difficult this time. Voters Cards are fraught with fraud.
it seems ur only headek is d ABOKIS dis post of urs clearly shows d tribal sentiment,bigotry&segregation in u,patriotsm&tribalsm are like water&fire. BEWARE.
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by BlackPeni5: 11:59am On Apr 11, 2013
hikmoj: it seems ur only headek is d ABOKIS dis post of urs clearly shows d tribal sentiment,bigotry&segregation in u,patriotsm&tribalsm are like water&fire. BEWARE.

Sorry bro if you're an aboki...but Its only in the north i've experienced day light robbery by kids adults working together. It you have seen it in the south, kindly post yours. tongue
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by hikmoj(m): 12:16pm On Apr 11, 2013
Black Peni5:

Sorry bro if you're an aboki...but Its only in the north i've experienced day light robbery by kids adults working together. It you have seen it in the south, kindly post yours. tongue
u make me laugh tired,havnt u heard an igwe ws arestd in conection wit robery incident b4?
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by empexy(m): 12:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
''N2.1billion for the printing
of 33.5 million Permanent Voters''... Who makes up all these figures? I see some individuals smiling to the bank for a project that may not be completed.
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by KokoBeware: 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
empexy: ''N2.1billion for the printing
of 33.5 million Permanent Voters''... Who makes up all these figures? I see some individuals smiling to the bank for a project that may not be completed.
Nigeria is a very fertile market tap in....
N65 x 33.5m
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by anonimi: 1:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
Very very good move from previously shoeless Jona from Otuoke.
Cassava bread must be doing wonders for the brain.
Anyone else wants to switch to eating wonder-working cassava bread

Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by anonimi: 2:01pm On Apr 11, 2013
luluosas: After billions have already gone down the drain.
Meanwhile, this is the best part in the whole news.

Our too much reliance on paper qualifications have seen Nigeria nose dived to backwardness whereas, there are hundreds and thousands of skilled labourers that can do the job more effectively.

Thanks for highlighting the vocational education & qualification aspect of the news.
Quite impressive!
Way to go.
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by owobokiri(m): 6:15pm On Apr 11, 2013
Jonah will be threatened by some northern leaders over this plans in the next few days and he will abandon the idea quickly as usual
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by LEvuls(m): 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
Singing: we don enter one chance
enter one chance
enter one chance
as we de go...enter one chance
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
R2bees: k
are u daft?? U quoted everything and just said k?? Infact why should pple quote an op if you're not going to highlight anything there?? Of course we know ur comment is a response to the op's topic, so why still quoting. Pls go and use ur drugs and then come back here to modify ur post..goat!
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by ewet: 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2013
Since the advent of democracy in 1999,the FEC has bin awarding contracts evry wednesday but hin no affect our lives in anyway,Wednesdays are always jamboree days for contractors. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by ewet: 7:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
Now voter cards!wht are thy calling permanent voter cards?is it the laminated paper tht thy issued for the last elections tht mine is so defaced tht i cant even recognise myself.Imagine hw much ths guys claim thy expended on common laminated paper.Now its national ID.Hope its not same as the ones we hav now cos if it is then i don hammer because i can get byou tht for just N2,000 and i can get you any volume at anytime. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Wasteful govt,purposeless govt,unserious INEC,Thif thif JEGA! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by ewet: 7:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
Can some1 pls tell tht minister of women affairs tht her office is useless and serves no purpose,it is a total waste of resources and we dont see the eseense of the ministry,It shuld hav bin nothng more thn a dept.As bad as this is she is now insulting our senses tht it is due to her hard work tht more women are getting appointments and tht she is sure 50% of NASS seats will be taken by women come 2015 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hw she take do am and hw much impact does her ministry have.Imagine such nonsense and she is enjoying full perks of office as a minister and she is goin to the FEC to utter such nonsense.shows how intellectually bereft GEJ's govt is.These people must thnk we are as dumb as thy are. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by ewet: 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
Why is it so difficult to hav automated voter cards like the ATM cards the banks issue.If its working for the banks with appreciable efficiency why cant the govt introduce this card and have it tied to individual biometrics so tht once you vote you cant vote anywhere else because your data will be captured in the database.WHY WHY WHY WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY

1 Like

Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by Ifeanyi2D: 7:44pm On Apr 11, 2013
That means i can vote anywhere i'm staying during the elections
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by Sike(m): 9:43pm On Apr 11, 2013
Good! Good!! Good Idea!!!
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 12, 2013
That really makes good sense. Now only Nigerians can vote. There is likely going to be relative fairness in using national ID than using Voter's card.
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by Revolva(m): 1:27am On Apr 12, 2013
The minister said the permanent Voter’s card which will have a life span of ten years will contain unique biometric features that will identify the voter.

na now their eye clear abi.....na dem sabi
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by Dibiachukwu: 6:24am On Apr 12, 2013
Identity card for a whole country is going to be printed with low grade plastic; without any measures to prevent identity theft. Your passports can be forged by a high school student. Your Id cards can be forged by a primary 3 student. This country is the correct definition of shameless.
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by Rexyl(m): 8:32am On Apr 12, 2013
ewet: Why is it so difficult to hav automated voter cards like the ATM cards the banks issue.If its working for the banks with appreciable efficiency why cant the govt introduce this card and have it tied to individual biometrics so tht once you vote you cant vote anywhere else because your data will be captured in the database.WHY WHY WHY WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY

A nice suggestion to the government. Once this is put in place and the machines to read the information there in are provided with internet facilities, it will help check multiple voting and stress associated with manual verification and the voter coming back to stay on a long queue to cast his/her vote. It would be a welcomed idea if the machines could be installed with pop up menus showing the parties and their logos which the voters will tap on the touch screen (the best technology I would suggest) and the votes are automatically counted to parties of voters‘ choices.
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by anticent(m): 9:40am On Apr 12, 2013
If INEC is the company required to do the National I'd then what will be the work of NIMC(National Identity Management Commission)'s identification card. Duplication of jargons. Derailed government.
Re: FG Replaces Voters-Card With National ID-Card by suru45: 3:56pm On Apr 12, 2013
what about those of us yet to register ? How and where does a new applicant register for a voter's card?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Rescues 3,000 Civilians From Boko Haram - Military Sources Confirm / Justice Ademola’s Acquittal: Presidency Frowns As FG Appeals Judgment / Onnoghen Should Resign – Lawyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.