Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States (13243 Views)

Canoes For Flood-prone Areas In Sokoto (photo) / North/West States, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Abia Lead In PVC Collection / Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by oloriooko(m): 10:37am On Apr 11, 2013
The National Emergency Management Agency on Tuesday warned the people of the South West to take seriously the recent prediction by the Nigeria Meteorological Agency regarding excessive rainfall in the zone this year.

The NEMA Zonal Coordinator (South West), Mr. Iyiola Akande, said this in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital during a "Workshop on 2013 Flood Prevention, Mitigation and Preparedness Awareness Programme" organised to address the peculiarity of the NIMET’s seasonal prediction of 2013 as it affects the Southwest states.

Akande stressed that the people of the South West zone should not treat the NIMET prediction with levity.

He noted that although the prediction was worrisome, NEMA would do everything possible to reduce, control and manage effects of the NIMET prediction.

NIMET had recently predicted that the Southwest would this year witness perennial rainfall which might have negative effect not only on agricultural yields in the zone, but also affect the health of the people of the area.

source: http://news.naij.com/30527.html?sub=1&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=local

http://sunnewsonline.net/news/prepare-for-flood-nema-warns-south-west-states
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by slimming: 11:16am On Apr 11, 2013
A word for the wise
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 11, 2013
not again angry angry
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 11, 2013
Dayokanu, now you need a roof over that hut.

6 Likes

Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by BlackPeni5: 11:57am On Apr 11, 2013
Time to build my Ark...THE BLACK ARK where only beautiful girls can enter during the great flood. cool

3 Likes

Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by infoscope(m): 11:58am On Apr 11, 2013
hmmm. They better heed to the warning
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by intelligen(m): 11:58am On Apr 11, 2013
Interestng..pls fix ur leakng roofs
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by 32D: 11:58am On Apr 11, 2013
*thinking how can i make money from this imminent flood...... calling my suppliers in china

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by dahdah: 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
We dey God's Hand
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
South west governors should take proactive measures now

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by Airforce1(m): 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2013
God help us
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by Lateef9961(m): 12:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
K
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by born2fuckpussy: 12:07pm On Apr 11, 2013
Black Peni5: Time to build my Ark...THE BLACK ARK where only beautiful girls can enter during the great flood. cool
if you reach cms, you go see some packed ship and boats there, you can siddon inside one when it raining and unleash it chain

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by princemolak(m): 12:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
Oyo state Government is Prepard already, Up Acn

2 Likes

Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
story! that's what they said last year. after the only rain storm that wrecked havoc last year , the sun took over and nearly roasted me alive.As a geographer, you guys should expect more sunshine that rains.

2 Likes

Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by Cocodiva: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
God help us o o o .This warning should be taken seriously.It shouldn't be left in the hands of the government alone.Everybody should make efforts.Don't throw wastes into the drainage and clear all your drains of obstacles that may block free flow.strenghten your buildings and roof especially.

9 Likes

Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by johnwizey: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
B4 nko?
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
born2fuckpussy: if you reach cms, you go see some packed ship and boats there, you can siddon inside one when it raining and unleash it chain

grin grin grin
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by princemolak(m): 12:16pm On Apr 11, 2013
berem: story! that's what they said last year. after the only rain storm that wrecked havoc last year , the sun took over and nearly roasted me alive.As a geographer, you guys should expect more sunshine that rains.
you are a Disgrace to we Geography Student,what happens when there is lot of Sunshine? Dnt u knw that there wil b an increase in evaporation and that can lead to Convectional rainfal

5 Likes

Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by illuminatic: 12:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
[size=20pt]Please which pastor can bind and curse this rain? [/size]

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by nerodenero: 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
Water ways should be cleared,more to be built where there are none,govt should embark on enlightenment programmes to educated masses of various states on the need to properly dispose their refuse.Lagos state is doing well in this direction,they need to do more and other states should take a cue from them.
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by BlackPeni5: 12:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
princemolak:
you are a Disgrace to we Geography Student,what happens when there is lot of Sunshine? Dnt u knw that there wil b an increase in evaporation and that can lead to Convectional rainfal

grin Some people attended lectures in school, others sat at the photo stand during lectures.

But wetin you wan carry Geography do 4 Naija sha...Na teacher get you so...
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by Ejine(m): 12:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
Year in and year out, Lagos looks like an African Venice when it rains... And not in the good way.

You'd think that, with the disaster that happened last year, the LASG would at least get a hint and prepare for the rain. But nope, it's still going to happen - People are still gonna have to pay boys to carry them on their shoulders to the other side of the overflowing gutter watter, houses are still gonna get flooded, and even with all of Fashola's shameless heartless demolishions and forceful evictions of natives from their land, the phucking state is still going to look like a broken latrine, and his stooges are still going to come on Nairaland to tell us this is so because some people are siting illegal structures in "drainage channels".

Continue dey deceive unaselves.

5 Likes

Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by waja(m): 12:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
I know they have started shouting '' EGBAMI O! EGBAMI O''

2 Likes

Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by ZUBY77(m): 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
Dear God, please do not let the flood destroy any property in the SW. Rather, wash two bigots into the atlantic and this country will be better. They are

Dayokanu and eko ile.

6 Likes

Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by braxjay(m): 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2013
illuminatic: [size=20pt]Please which pastor can bind and curse this rain? [/size]

Taribo WEST grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by adexsimply(m): 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2013
illuminatic: [size=20pt]Please which pastor can bind and curse this rain? [/size]
pastor T * *****
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by Melancholy(m): 12:40pm On Apr 11, 2013
Ogun state is safe cos my governor is doing his best making to ensure safety of properties during raining season.
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 11, 2013
princemolak:
No i don't know o! I be proper Olodo! e don tey i go school. abeg teach me Meteorology 101.
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 11, 2013
Chai. Ndoh nu. I don't pray that people will die but for sure people will still die. RIP in advance to those that will die due to not taking warning seriously.
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by adexsimply(m): 12:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
» Prepare For [size=14pt]Food[/size]: NEMA Warns South-West States «
Re: Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States by adexsimply(m): 12:46pm On Apr 11, 2013
berem: No i don't know o! I be proper Olodo! e don tey i go school. abeg teach me Meteorology 101.
IMPROPER OLODO.. i can teach u BEREMology 001

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Accepts Ban’s Invitation To World Leaders’ Meeting / Dasukigate Funds Traced To Abati, Okupe, Fadile, And Gula / COHCSON: Yoruba Nation, IPOB Have Raised $5 Million To Bribe Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.